Fresh Grabs

I have one of the reissue (sound-dust) and really like it. Dots & Loops I actually already have a 90’s coloured disc copy but it’s noisy and average. I have great hope this will be an upgrade and can sell the other copy for more than this reissue cost.
I have Emperor, Dots and Sound-Dust, plus Vol 2 and 4 of Switched on. The one I need to get is Mars Audiac. I have the 1972 version but it sounds muddy.

I'm pretty excited to finally get a copy of this album. Black Box's debut album "Dreamland".
Controversial because of sampling, lipsyncing and uncredited vocalists. I don't see it get reissued anytime soon. But this is one of the defining albums of late 80s/early 90s house and club music.
20230823_131151.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bit of mail for the last week

Slowdive was a grab with a couple of Amazon gift cards. It's the MOV version and sounds wonderful.
The Talking Heads is the UK/EU version. Not sure how so many of these ended up in Canada since the CAN/US version was pressed here.
The Sly also sounds great.
The Echo is a Camelizer grab. Dropped down below $30CDN so I picked it up
IMG_1727.jpg

Those Stereolab reissues are great

So the Dots & Loops reissue is not just an upgrade over the original 1997 pressing on Green/White vinyl, it completely blows it out of the water.

The original is worth more than 2x the reissue though, so I guess that works out and will definitely be moving it.

So the Dots & Loops reissue is not just an upgrade over the original 1997 pressing on Green/White vinyl, it completely blows it out of the water.

The original is worth more than 2x the reissue though, so I guess that works out and will definitely be moving it.
All of the 3xLP Stereolab reissues are stellar. Among the best packaging as well for their price.

Back