Fresh Grabs

went wild at my local(s) this week. one spot is clearing out a bunch of stagnant inventory at an irresistible 75% off. some great stuff in the $5-$11 range for adventurous ears.

lpjp2.jpglpjp1.jpg

some more local cheap finds in surprisingly good shape (except the malombo jazz makers, which was a mailbox grab)lpjp3.jpg lpjp4.jpg

went wild at my local(s) this week. one spot is clearing out a bunch of stagnant inventory at an irresistible 75% off. some great stuff in the $5-$11 range for adventurous ears.

View attachment 177660View attachment 177659

some more local cheap finds in surprisingly good shape (except the malombo jazz makers, which was a mailbox grab)View attachment 177662 View attachment 177661
that Current 93 Horsey is wonderful and a difficult find under the best of circumstances

Joe Harriott & Amancio D'Silva Quartet – Hum Dono (Columbia, 2023 Trunk Records Pressing)

This is an album that I have been after for years. The OG is unobtainable currently but fortunately, Jonny Trunk has reissued it. I chatted with Jonny and he confirmed that it comes from the original tapes but digitally cut. Regardless, im going to be listening to this tonight and cant wait. Its a particularly big 'grab' for me as I now have the complete discography of Joe Harriott on vinyl (with a few 7" releases to go), all original apart from this one.

IMG_0720.JPG

New additions. The three Onra records are the new represses on red marble(?) even the third one, which annoyingly, is missing the sticker. Already had the third one but i can sell it and cover most of the cost of the repress set.
All three DJ Muggs records are warped pretty badly. I suspect they didn't get time to cool off after pressing or was stored next to a radiator or something.

IMG_6704.jpeg

rzWZ95U.jpg

Been a minute since ive done one.

Outstanding haul!

I really need to get that DJ Food album.
Yeah this album is still a really fun listen but the pressing is less than ideal, to put it lightly. No complaint with the mastering, even the (surprisingly excellent!) bonus material is really dynamic, but man is the pressing noisy! Every side has at least one distracting patch. I'll hold onto it for now, I suppose...but this album deserves a better final package.

Back