Fresh Grabs

Early birthday from my wife and son (who won't be here for my actual birthday - so today was our chance to go to the record store together!)

View attachment 166955

The Iron Maiden was his favourite album cover on one of the wall displays, so I grabbed that one as a special pick specifically from him - the rest were all my own picks.
Your son has a good eye. Awesome artwork and awesome music!

It's classic golden age maiden. Everything from number of the beast to seventh son are unassailable classics (my personal favorite is somewhere in time or piece of mind, with live after death coming in close second). Avenged sevenfold does a cover of "flash of the blade" from powerslave that's pretty great.

Piece of Mind is the one Maiden we had before today. It was a bargain bin score - the sleeve is shot to shit, but the record itself is VG(+) Wasn't so familiar with that one but the price was right, and it's awesome!

Had a bunch of recent arrivals:

Paladin order
20230211_143448.jpg

Some stuff still from the Target B2G1 sale
20230213_143714.jpg

Some more original Sonic Yutes from a discogs seller. A Matisyahu Yute from Bezos
20230213_143800.jpg

I actually ordered an album from Mirah on bandcamp Friday, but Double Double Whammy accidently sent me this Told Slant record instead. I sent them an email, but actually really like this one as I'm previewing it on Spotify. Gaslight Anthem from bandbox.
20230213_143630.jpg

Early birthday from my wife and son (who won't be here for my actual birthday - so today was our chance to go to the record store together!)

View attachment 166955

The Iron Maiden was his favourite album cover on one of the wall displays, so I grabbed that one as a special pick specifically from him - the rest were all my own picks.

I brought powerslave on release, still got that uk copy , and it’s a work of genius..the cover, production , songs ..all top notch ..band on fire 🔥

Alright, so this post is beyond a long time coming. Life has been crazy..in a good way..and I haven't had a chance to properly thank @scotthilk for his generosity in the PIF thread. I was finally able to open this and check out what he sent!
View attachment 166947
I don't even know where to start. This definitely exceeded any expectations I had. I am so grateful and can't wait to dive into these goodies. Thank you @scotthilk for taking the time to put this together and sending it to me! I will be enjoying these very soon

Enjoy! Nice haul!

Just as a reminder, Captain Fantastic is from @BazookaTooth
Then a very big thank you to @BazookaTooth also!

Back