Laid Back, AP 2015
A Space In Time, Audio Fidelity 2012
Crown of Creation, Mofi 1989
IMG_3469 by c c, on Flickr

KOB, Classic Records 1995
IMG_3470 by c c, on Flickr

❤️
IMG_3399 by c c, on Flickr

Oooo la la. That Nathan Davis ORTF Recording is fantastic. I still need to get the 2 latest album releases but the postage was eye watering, need to see if any of my London locals have them in.

If you ever come to visit Paris, skip the Eiffel tower and go to their shop.

Had a fun time today visiting a local shop I hadn't been to in a while. My main reason for going was that I saw on their website they had a copy of the recent Sundazed mono pressing of the International Submarine Band album I've been looking for, plus it's always fun to look through their used records. Scored more than I expected I would, with all that are pictured below used except the aforementioned ISB. The A Psych Tribute to the Doors looks very cool, and it and Juliana Hatfield's Olivia Newton John album were sealed.

GW.jpg

GW2.jpg

And in the spirit of when-it-rains-it-pours events, I found this when I returned home from the record shop. For another time...

today2.jpg

Last edited:
20230227_130929.jpg

This is the 1995 first UK pressing, numbered with the flexi disc. Picked it up from a bloke in Glasgow who'd had it in a box in his attic since 1995, played once. It sounds so fantastic you guys. Punchy, loud, fun as fuck. Not only that but it was stuck in the Royal Mail hack since Jan 10th. Just arrived out of the blue after I was sure it was a goner. Thank you jeebus.

View attachment 168249

This is the 1995 first UK pressing, numbered with the flexi disc. Picked it up from a bloke in Glasgow who'd had it in a box in his attic since 1995, played once. It sounds so fantastic you guys. Punchy, loud, fun as fuck. Not only that but it was stuck in the Royal Mail hack since Jan 10th. Just arrived out of the blue after I was sure it was a goner. Thank you jeebus.
I love that wire record

View attachment 168249

I have the Record Store Day repress from a few years ago.

I love the way the bass sounds on this album. Such a good record.

I have the Record Store Day repress from a few years ago.

I love the way the bass sounds on this album. Such a good record.
I was really impressed, I was kinda expecting it to be a noisy poppy flat mess but it's not at all. I mean, mid 90s UK vinyl it ain't exactly dead quiet but it's all I want from this album, it's great.

20230227_121429.jpg
This one also came over from Glasgow today. This is a 1980 UK pressing, the main thing with this one is it was mastered by "BILBO" who used to put out some pretty killer cuts of Zep, The Who and Bowie etc. Mastering is great, pressing is ehhhhhhh. Entire record sounds really good except for "Eight Line Poem" and the opening piano part of "Life On Mars" which are a fuzzy crackly mess. Pretty handily smokes the 2016 AAA Parlophone cut, but it's noisier. The search for the final keeper copy of this one continues.

Last edited:
View attachment 168277
This one also came over from Glasgow today. This is a 1980 UK pressing, the main thing with this one is it was mastered by "BILBO" who used to put out some pretty killer cuts of Zep, The Who and Bowie etc. Mastering is great, pressing is ehhhhhhh. Entire record sounds really good except for "Eight Line Poem" and the opening piano part of "Life On Mars" which are a fuzzy crackly mess. Pretty handily smokes the 2016 AAA Parlophone cut, but it's noisier. The search for the final keeper copy of this one continues.
Out of interest, who are you buying from in Glasgow?

February Acquisitions

Ambient/Avantgarde selections

Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air
Kuniyuki Takahashi - Early Tape Works (1986-1993) Vol. 1

20230228_023615.jpg

Both purchased from MP, each $20. Terry Riley is likely the United pressing given that it was housed in a cheap white paper sleeve, though it sounded more than fine to me playing through the first side. The one on the right was a used copy, and it has been an OOP Music From Memory release for over a year. I saw that a repress of Vol. 2 was also in the shop during this visit...likely will get the second volume on the next visit, assuming that his restock is available. There are just a few MFM titles I'm hunting down...

Everything else

Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly
Chat Pile - God's Country
Neu! - Neu!
Neu! - Neu! '75
RAYE - My 21st Century Blues
20230228_024101.jpg

Thank you to @Jan for the ongoing BandBox subscription PIF with this Atmosphere 3xLP. Love the white/black marble color and it sounds stellar, from the three sides I've tried.
Finally have the excellent Chat Pile LP from last year, acquired from the merch table before the Chat Pile/Lingua Ignota concert. Standard black. Haven't given it a whirl yet.
Secured both of these Neu! records from Mississippi Records concurrently with a trade-in of a few LPs.
The first '23 studio release on vinyl for me ended up being RAYE's excellent debut. Can't stop playing it. Certainly in my top10 of the year as of now.

I bought a longsleeve Lingy shirt from the concert last Friday. Haven't worn it yet.

20230228_024725.jpg

A pair of enamel pins as well, with the pin on the right being the last piece of merch bought from the show (nickel to scale):

20230228_024945.jpg

Back