Fresh Grabs

My third trip to Darkside Records in as many weeks as the kid keeps coming home from Marist and it’s right there.. what’s a guy supposed to do? Lol

Neil Young- Young Shakespeare
Tame Impala- Currents
Joe Henderson- The State of the Tenor: Live at the Village Vanguard
The Dip- Sticking With It
Duke Ellington & John Coltrane
Byrds
Billy Cobham- Spectrum
Teddy Pendergass- The Voice49FDF326-AE79-4687-8861-8E212524E76B.jpeg

My third trip to Darkside Records in as many weeks as the kid keeps coming home from Marist and it’s right there.. what’s a guy supposed to do? Lol

Neil Young- Young Shakespeare
Tame Impala- Currents
Joe Henderson- The State of the Tenor: Live at the Village Vanguard
The Dip- Sticking With It
Duke Ellington & John Coltrane
Byrds
Billy Cobham- Spectrum
Teddy Pendergass- The VoiceView attachment 131939
Nice haul there. I didn’t realize that Cobham record was being reissued! I have an OG that sounds great, I wonder if that is an improvement.

Nice haul there. I didn’t realize that Cobham record was being reissued! I have an OG that sounds great, I wonder if that is an improvement.
It’s the first time I’ve seen it there so assuming it’s a recent rerelease. Haven’t heard it on vinyl so won’t be able to help in that regard but I’ll let you know what I think of the sound on this one.

Grant Green - The Latin Bit (Blue Note, 1963 First Mono Pressing)
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic (Blue Note, 1961 First Mono Pressing)
Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay (CTI Records, 1970 First UK Pressing)

In recent weeks I have been able to get some great Blue Notes. The Grant Green has recently been released as a Tone Poet (which I'm sure is fantastic) and the Blakey is a session that I have always enjoyed but hadn't seen a vinyl copy for sale until this one. Finally, Red Clay is an album that I have been holding out on for years. Maybe one of Hubbards best??

IMG_6086.JPG

My drunken Walmart order of five Billy Joel albums arrived. As well as an amazing PIF from @Ethos99 !!

View attachment 131957
I really like those Joel's (Cheers Slim! @Slimwhit33 , they are a definate upgrade from my ratty originals. Mine were all flat and quiet. Although stpudily I told my wide to skip Storm Front (forgot We Didn't Start the Fire). So if anyone has one they don't want let me know.

Last edited:
I really like those Joel's, they are a definate upgrade from my origionals. Mine were all flat and quiet. Although stpudily I told my wide to skip Storm Front (forgot We Didn't Start the Fire). So if anyone has one they don't want let me know.
I haven't spun them yet but looking forward to it. Will probably grab Piano Man at some point, too. I love Storm Front - great album!!

Grant Green - The Latin Bit (Blue Note, 1963 First Mono Pressing)
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic (Blue Note, 1961 First Mono Pressing)
Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay (CTI Records, 1970 First UK Pressing)

In recent weeks I have been able to get some great Blue Notes. The Grant Green has recently been released as a Tone Poet (which I'm sure is fantastic) and the Blakey is a session that I have always enjoyed but hadn't seen a vinyl copy for sale until this one. Finally, Red Clay is an album that I have been holding out on for years. Maybe one of Hubbards best??

View attachment 132067
top 5-6 Blakey for me!

I see your trick, grab originals BN's of TP reissues when they come out when the originals value goes down! 😊

Last edited:
top 5-6 Blakey for me!

I see your trick, grab originals BN's of TP reissues when they come out when the originals value goes down! 😊
I wish it was the case but sometimes it drives them up! Honestly, I very rarely see first pressing Blue Notes here in the UK and usually, they are priced incredibly high regardless of condition. When I see one that I have been wanting in decent condition at a fair price I usually go for it.

Did anyone else who pre-ordered the new Big Thief recycled LP direct from 4AD get a signed print in the mail? 😱

I don’t recall it mentioning “first x people get a print” or choosing to include anything like that. It just showed up in a regular mailer by itself today.

Yes! Surprise delivery for me on Thursday.. <3 I completely forgot 4AD was having a drawing for them for pre-orders.

Back