Fresh Grabs

Geez. What a haul. I need to figure out where to find more estate sales but most around me have been crappy for records. The only one I did find that had some decent stuff all got grabbed by the guy in front of me who pretty much did a wide legged stance in front of the crates so nobody else could look until he was done hah
This is my experience here too. This one old dude has beat me at three estate sales I've been to that listed records. He's a hefty old fellow and has one of those walkers that doubles as a seat so he blocks off everything and takes anything that isn't goodwill fodder, lol. I gotta give him credit he's gets there and camps out to make sure no one gets in front of him.

Geez. What a haul. I need to figure out where to find more estate sales but most around me have been crappy for records. The only one I did find that had some decent stuff all got grabbed by the guy in front of me who pretty much did a wide legged stance in front of the crates so nobody else could look until he was done hah
This was a moving sale, listed on FB marketplace, over an hour away. I was afraid by the time I got there, it would be mega picked over. There was a GIANT sign on the busy road that said VINYL SALE. Maybe someone scooped the more common, recognizable stuff before me? I pulled 30 at $2 each.

but can't get into Big Thief.
I was right there with ya on that. I really enjoy Buck Meeks solo album too (one of them many great albums @Wes C. Attle has turned me on to). That being said, have you given the new Big Thief album a go? Having never taken a shine to any of their previous albums but this new one really caught me off guard with how much I have enjoyed it.

I was right there with ya on that. I really enjoy Buck Meeks solo album too (one of them many great albums @Wes C. Attle has turned me on to). That being said, have you given the new Big Thief album a go? Having never taken a shine to any of their previous albums but this new one really caught me off guard with how much I have enjoyed it.
I've tried to listen to the new one a couple of times, and can't make it through. I just never warm up to her voice.

I've tried to listen to the new one a couple of times, and can't make it through. I just never warm up to her voice.
That’s probably the difference for me. I never had issue with her voice. I just never found their previous albums compelling all the way through. Usually there a a song or two that would make me think that I would dig the album but then grow bored by the end. The new one I have really enjoyed.

Two in today.

Ridiculously stoked on this one, it's one of my all time favorite albums and I couldn't imagine a better color for it. Zia kills it with their exclusives. Perfection.

C86E1E98-75FA-431B-A183-BA361DE27D90.jpeg

And this new one from Gang of Youths, which I paid way too much for (overseas shipping) but I'm a big sucker for autographs and love this band.
F90A1A73-A685-4BC1-AAA6-E98E59C72CAD.jpeg

And this one came in a couple days ago, I'm ashamed at myself for paying $100 but I had to have it. And didn't want to risk it shooting up to $200+ which I can see it doing.

667985B8-E5DC-4309-8D52-21CF3D499A82.jpeg

Last edited:
Forgot to share this pickup over the weekend. Have 0 idea what it is but it looked cool. Any info would help as I’m in the throes of the challenge and such. I need to clean and listen to it, but I wanna go in blind.View attachment 131506
Who doesn't want to bathe in bacon?homer-simpsons-the-simpsons.gif

Nothing like a musical discovery with a great story. And thanks to @avecigrec and others here I just did that.

Beverly-Glenn Copeland is a Canadian-American trans musician who was rediscovered in his 70's! His 1986 ambient cassette Keyboard Fantasies gained cult status in Japan again around 2015.

I downloaded the flac files from his Bandcamp and ordered the lp online.

20220308_143245.jpg
20220308_143340.jpg

There is also a great documentary about Glen's story and music

Keyboard Fantasies by Posy Dixon

Last edited:
Back