Fresh Grabs

I was a good boy today. Didn’t buy vinyl online or in person. Didn’t get any records delivered. But I did drop $1.50 on these 3 CDs. View attachment 115053
That Cash tribute to his mum is special and fulfills a promise to her.
It's also Cash's favorite album he ever made.
Cash insisted It be included in the Unearthed sets.
You might enjoy this story.

Dido - No Angel - (Brookvale Records exclusive, red and black)

Just got this yesterday, first impressions are:
  • The artwork is bad, looks like they just enlarged a copy of the CD version. It's really noticeable once you check out the close up pics. The text on the back of the sleeve looks ok.
  • The disc looks gorgeous. Mine came with a very slight outer warp but otherwise pressing quality is nice.
  • Sound quality is very good. Well balanced with a bit less low end than my OG CD.
  • Comes with a nice large booklet with lyrics. Again the photos look bad but everything else is fine.
  • Overall I'm please with how it turned out. I wasn't thrilled it came out to almost $40 with tax and shipping but considering how much previous versions are going for I guess it wasn't too bad.
20211016_155758.jpg20211016_155739.jpg20211016_155725.jpg20211016_155833.jpg

Lots of packages today! Pleasantly surprised that the Johnny Cash swap came with a bandana (even though I have absolutely no use for it). Monophonics and Sharon Jones are the recent color reissues. Let it Be is the super deluxe from the Popmarket sale.

View attachment 115174
All great pickups. Glad to see you were able to track down a vinyl copy of Descension.

Do I have OG copies of all these Echo & The Bunnymen albums? Sure do!

Do I NEED any of these? No, not really!

Do I like asking rhetorical questions of myself and then answering them? You bet ya!

Big up to @Ethos99 and the Paladin Buyers Club!

View attachment 115320
Looking forward to Ocean Rain coming soon (shipping this week with one of the Weller reissues)

Up in Huntsville today to see my folks and walked out with this stack. It's ok, it was a belated birthday stack to me.

Dinosaur Jr- Fossils
Archers Of Loaf- Vee Vee (new)
Collen Green - Cool (new)
Eugene McDaniels- Headless Heroes of the Apocalypse (color)
The Flaming Lips- The Terror
Yo La Tengo- Painful
Yo La Tengo- Electr-O Pura
Fugazi- Repeater
Parquet Courts- Wide Awake (dlx)
Parquet Courts- Light Up Gold
St. Vincent- Daddy's Home (Rough Trade bronze)

vert.jpg

Back