Fresh Grabs

Fresh Easter Monday Grabs
C8CA6B33-88FA-4B35-83BC-C53DE3466726.jpeg
Kurt Vile - Speed, Sound, Lonely KV (ep)
The Cars - The Cars MoFi
The Grateful Dead - Skull & Roses MoFi
John Lee Hooker - It Serves You Right To Suffer AP 45 RPM
J Mascis - Several Shades Of Why
Primus - Tales From The Punch Bowl
Darkside - Psychic

These were all mail deliveries. Kurt Vile and Darkside were ordered directly from Matador. The Cars and John Lee Hooker were purchased from Acoustic Sounds. The Grateful Dead MoFi was a good deal from Discogs. J Mascis was an average deal from Discogs and Primus was PIF winner from mensch @zdkaiser. I’ve gotta lot of listening ahead of me.

Fresh Easter Monday Grabs
View attachment 94494
Kurt Vile - Speed, Sound, Lonely KV (ep)
The Cars - The Cars MoFi
The Grateful Dead - Skull & Roses MoFi
John Lee Hooker - It Serves You Right To Suffer AP 45 RPM
J Mascis - Several Shades Of Why
Primus - Tales From The Punch Bowl
Darkside - Psychic

These were all mail deliveries. Kurt Vile and Darkside were ordered directly from Matador. The Cars and John Lee Hooker were purchased from Acoustic Sounds. The Grateful Dead MoFi was a good deal from Discogs. J Mascis was an average deal from Discogs and Primus was PIF winner from mensch @zdkaiser. I’ve gotta lot of listening ahead of me.
Start here?

View attachment 92699

Joshua Abrams - Natural Information
Joshua Abrams - Represencing

Chicago-based bassist Josh Abrams puts out a singular style of improvisational, avant garde jazz spotlighting the guimbri, a three-stringed North African bass lute. Its primordial, rhythmic drone lulls like a deep rainstorm, gently bringing shifts in instrumentation and percussion to the forefront in jams that go on as long as 25 minutes. These are special records, recently reissued by Aguirre Records in Belgium, and beautifully pressed at Pallas.

Just saw this coming soon and thought of you.

And if any European members are interested, there is an EU edition pressed at Pallas, US version pressed at RTI.

Last edited:
Some of these are fresh-ish. I was gone for a year and my wife was kind enough to hold onto them. Now I'm slowly going through them. A few I got since I've been back.

Fiona Apple When the Pawn...VMP
PXL_20210408_023951327.jpg

Armand Hammer - Shrines
PXL_20210408_023905942.jpg

Prince - The Rainbow Children...funk yeah!!!!
PXL_20210408_023813786.MP.jpg

Prince SOTT - peach vinyl. I got the CD and vinyl box sets too of the RMs but Prince is an artist I you only YOLO once with every time
PXL_20210408_023804223.MP.jpg

OG Canadian copy of Tears for Fears - Seeds of Love. I bought this when I got back. Seller graded it M/M but opened and played. Newer seller. I obviously new it wasnt mint in the vinyl by definition nor did I think the jacket would be. But the price was actually really good and all 6 of their discogs ratings were positive. Vinyl actually played great. A solid NM. Jacket was a VG- w a small seam split on top and showing its age in other places. But I was happy for the price. I did send the seller a long message encouraging them to take grading more seriously because there would be buyers who would ride him about that M/M shit. I declined to leave any feedback.
PXL_20210408_023745505.jpg

Mingus Ah Um MOFI One Step
PXL_20210408_023715263.jpg

Belladonna VMP. meh. Not an exciting pick. One of the last I got from VMP
PXL_20210408_023649900.MP.jpg

McCoy Tuner - Sahara VMP. Stellar pick
PXL_20210408_023641718.jpg

Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages VMP
PXL_20210408_023552749.jpg

Gibbs/Alchemist - Alfredo
PXL_20210408_023542358.jpg

Some of these are fresh-ish. I was gone for a year and my wife was kind enough to hold onto them. Now I'm slowly going through them. A few I got since I've been back.

Fiona Apple When the Pawn...VMP
View attachment 94744

Armand Hammer - Shrines
View attachment 94745

Prince - The Rainbow Children...funk yeah!!!!
View attachment 94746

Prince SOTT - peach vinyl. I got the CD and vinyl box sets too of the RMs but Prince is an artist I you only YOLO once with every time
View attachment 94747

OG Canadian copy of Tears for Fears - Seeds of Love. I bought this when I got back. Seller graded it M/M but opened and played. Newer seller. I obviously new it wasnt mint in the vinyl by definition nor did I think the jacket would be. But the price was actually really good and all 6 of their discogs ratings were positive. Vinyl actually played great. A solid NM. Jacket was a VG- w a small seam split on top and showing its age in other places. But I was happy for the price. I did send the seller a long message encouraging them to take grading more seriously because there would be buyers who would ride him about that M/M shit. I declined to leave any feedback.
View attachment 94748

Mingus Ah Um MOFI One Step
View attachment 94749

Belladonna VMP. meh. Not an exciting pick. One of the last I got from VMP
View attachment 94750

McCoy Tuner - Sahara VMP. Stellar pick
View attachment 94751

Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages VMP
View attachment 94752

Gibbs/Alchemist - Alfredo
View attachment 94753
Nice grabs! Welcome back Stateside.

Nice grabs! Welcome back Stateside.
I've got a lot more to get through but I'm trying to not allow the buying, cleaning, curation parts of the hobby to monopolize it anymore and just the listening and enjoying. So I've been cleaning 1-2 daily (or none at all). Making the effort to not let a hobby control me

Back