Fresh Grab Auto Reverse Edition
81949A12-BD9F-4C48-BACD-E9E87A963A0D.jpeg

Patti Smith - Horses
Lou Reed - Transformer
Lou Reed - New York
Fountains Of Wayne - Fountains Of Wayne
Washed Out - Paracosm

The Sea And Cake - Oui
Here are my deliveries from this week; The Speakers Corner of Lou Reed and Patti Smith arrived from German retailer JPC today and I’m impressed by their operation purchase both for about $65 shipped. They arrived in a little over a week and were packaged perfectly. I held off on ordering the Deluxe copy of Lou Reed’s New York for as long as I could but once Amazon dropped the price to $33 I had to buy it. The set is listed at my local for $89.99 so 2/3 off retail, I couldn’t resist. Fountains Of Wayne was an early January preorder from Deep Discount unfortunately it arrived with a seam split but Deep Discount isn’t fun to deal with when it comes to returns and I doubt they would have any replacements anyhow. Washed Out was a lovely PIF from @Sonicpharmacist (thanks!) I can’t wait to give it a spin. I also picked up another The Sea & Cake record, this one off of Discogs as they were currently out of stock at the Thrill Jockey store. Lastly...I got... this...
1C3DE649-EBD8-460D-9C72-59757EA1C7F5.gif
Onkyo TA-RW11 Stereo Cassette Tape Deck
My new tape deck component arrived today and sounds great! I purchased this off eBay fully refurbished and it’s super fun.

April is starting hot due to some new arrivals at my local shop:

D3E5CDFF-6DCF-43D7-A313-A0CA24A465F1.jpeg

The Dylan (mono/2-eye/360/blah blah blah) is a 1964 pressing. It’s a solid G/G: crackly but no skipping, in a smelly sleeve that nevertheless looks good and has no seam splits. The Nina Simone is a similar story but plays and smells better. For $2 a pop, why not (I keep an old cartridge around specifically to play these beat-up records).

The Kenny Burrell was a pleasant find. It’s his only CTI date and although there is some orchestration, it fortunately is not overpowering at all; his guitar is clearly the star here. A solid VG/VG for $6.

As for the Stones, I just thought it was time to pick this up for Side 2 alone (it’s already weirdly becoming my favorite side of any Stones record).

Last edited:
Can't remember the last time i got mail on a Saturday. DHL woke me up and my brain and my body were not working as one so i was lucky enough to make it down the stairs in one piece haha

View attachment 94359
Nice surprise and on Easter Sunday at that. I woke up with this hanging off my front porch when I woke up this morning.
55875658-D174-470B-B31E-D7EBC5111295.jpeg

Something a bit different today. Not vinyl related but hopefully, I can be forgiven.

I have been clearing out some boxes from a garage and stumbled across this cool Sanyo M-A5LL cassette player/recorder. It's portable but can be easily hooked up to my speakers and plugged into the mains. A few of you may recall that I bought several hundred live jazz cassettes a while ago and this is going to make it much easier to listen to!

IMG_8469.JPG
IMG_8470.JPG

Something a bit different today. Not vinyl related but hopefully, I can be forgiven.

I have been clearing out some boxes from a garage and stumbled across this cool Sanyo M-A5LL cassette player/recorder. It's portable but can be easily hooked up to my speakers and plugged into the mains. A few of you may recall that I bought several hundred live jazz cassettes a while ago and this is going to make it much easier to listen to!

View attachment 94481
View attachment 94482
Nice built in speaker too you can carry it with you while you drink tea at the park.

Back