Fresh Grabs

Today’s mail haul....

View attachment 58626

Two used early pressings

View attachment 58627

4 new reissues

View attachment 58628

2 really interesting new releases. I need to look up the wht label on the right. Not sure what it is but I’m sure it was essential. 🤔

Where did you order your Jeff Rosenstock from? I ordered from his Bandcamp and have not heard any word yet. Just wondering if that's one of those records that just shows up one day with no communication.

Funny delivery (@gaporter you will have a really good reason to laugh here)

Kamaal Williams ‎– Wu Hen (silver variant)
Tortoise ‎– TNT (Oh wait...)
Alabaster DePlume and Daniel Inzani ‎– The Jester (replacement copy > I first received a copy full of dust, hair, marks etc... I sent Alabaster a message and he shipped a replacement copy right away)

View attachment 58836
That Lightning Bolt record is great but couldn’t be further away from Tortoise soundwise. You enjoy Noise @Skalap ?

Where did you order your Jeff Rosenstock from? I ordered from his Bandcamp and have not heard any word yet. Just wondering if that's one of those records that just shows up one day with no communication.
I ordered the tour edition from his website and received it in the mail on Monday. I did not receive a shipping notice.

The mailman made me really happy again today. 3 shipments which date back 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days ago arrived together today.

IMG_20200729_182317.jpg

The Horace Silver Quartet - Song For My Father (1984 Stereo Japan Toshiba pressing)
Lee Morgan - Candy (1979 Mono Japan King pressing)
The Young Lions - The Young Lions (1960 Mono OG)
John Coltrane - Blue Train (1984 Stereo Japan Toshiba pressing)
Hank Mobley - Dippin' (2002 Stereo US pressing)
Elmo Hope Sextet - Informal Jazz (1993 Japan pressing)

Blue Train and Dippin' I was actually buying just for the cover, to be framed and hanged on the wall. They were really cheap, and advertised as G+/VG-, but that's the first time I'm really positively surprised by Discogs sellers, in my opinion both are between VG+ and NM. But in that condition I just can't sacrifice them as planned...at least not Mr. Coltrane... I'll compare the sound of that to my MMJ SRX, and maybe get rid of that, since they are selling for crazy prices now...

Grabbed a quick few at the local today, 2nd Ave is solid.

Guided By Voices - Vampire On Titus (RSD related 2020 Gold version)
Son Volt - Trace (2020 Music On Vinyl reissue)
Protomartyr - Under Color Of Official Light

View attachment 58933
Nice selection! I just picked up this ProtoMartyr and have GBV on order from the label. Good stuff!

Got the Proto used for $8, was hard to pass up. Good sunny day for some rock!
Yeah Usually the summer months I listened to more Country or Reggae music but I have been hitting the post punk and indie rock HARD this Summer. Maybe the barely leaving the house and yard is making me more angsty that I would normally be over the warmer months.

Yeah Usually the summer months I listened to more Country or Reggae music but I have been hitting the post punk and indie rock HARD this Summer. Maybe the barely leaving the house and yard is making me more angsty that I would normally be over the warmer months.
I think the couple of N&G rotm's of Fugazi and Tortoise kinda got me going back into it. I missed some bands during those indie rock years, so it's been good to dig back in. I'm a little afraid to start back into the GBV buying though, that's a lot of records. Bob is so great though.

I think the couple of N&G rotm's of Fugazi and Tortoise kinda got me going back into it. I missed some bands during those indie rock years, so it's been good to dig back in. I'm a little afraid to start back into the GBV buying though, that's a lot of records. Bob is so great though.
Yeah, I have 3 GBV albums (so far) but Vampires On Titus is on order and am looking for a copy of the RTI pressing Under The Bushes Under The Stars. After that I will reassess and see if I need anything else.

Back