Fresh Grabs

I was listening to the new one on Spotify and it just made me want to listen to this one. It's my favorite of theirs so I decided to pick it up.
Kinda the same thing happened to me. I knew the new one was coming out and figured I should grab my favorite ones before I decided if I wanted to add the new. So I ordered Undercolor.. from discogs (it took forever to get here) and picked up The Agent Intellect at my LRS. I like the new one but I I will give it some more time to decide if I need it on wax.

Kinda the same thing happened to me. I knew the new one was coming out and figured I should grab my favorite ones before I decided if I wanted to add the new. So I ordered Undercolor.. from discogs (it took forever to get here) and picked up The Agent Intellect at my LRS. I like the new one but I I will give it some more time to decide if I need it on wax.

I know concerts will never happen again, but I would like to see them as a headliner. I've only seen them open up for My Bloody Valentine.

That sounds like one you'd need earplugs for.

I specifically bought earplugs to prepare for that show. I probably should have bought some years ago though. I get bad ringing in my ears. I remember leaving a Hot Snakes show a few years ago thinking I would never hear again after being in front, right in the blast radius of Speedo's guitar amp. PA? Whatever those are called. It was almost unbearable but he lightheartedly made fun of the guy next to me for covering his ears, so I didn't dare :ROFLMAO:

A great couple of days in Casa Selaws. The big haul comes from a carboot sale with a few picks from a couple of locals thrown in:

Michel Legrand - Legrand Jazz (Columbia, 1958 First 6-Eyed Mono Pressing)
Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death (Partisan Records, 2020 First Pressing On 'Stormy Blue' vinyl)
Sauce and Dogs - S/T (Sauce and Dogs, 2020 Limited Pressing with Unique Cover Art)

The Michael Legrand is one I have been after for a long long long time but I always refuse to pay the silly prices I have seen it listed for. This copy finally popped up at a reasonable price and I managed to get in there before anyone else did! The Fontaines D.C is one of the only 'New' non-jazz records I have bought in ages, but I absolutely love their first album after discovering it a few days ago and popped in an order for this. My local, Banquet Records, writes a personalised message on a postcard for each record that they post but due to COVID they are running a skeleton crew. They still sent the postcard and a note to explain the situation which is really nice of them. Finally Sauce and Dogs is an obscure and mysterious release limited to 200 copies with each having a unique cover design (al la Sun Ra). The group has not revealed who they are and I enjoyed the sample tracks enough to gamble on the purchase.
IMG_0428.JPG

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming (CBS, 1979 First European Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Shot Of Love (CBS, 1981 First European Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Saved (CBS, 1980 First European Pressing)
Ella Fitzgerald - Sings The Cole Porter Songbook Volume II (His Masters Voice, 1956 First UK Mono Pressing)
Oscar Peterson - Vol. II Girl Talk (MPS, 1971 First UK Pressing)
Ray Charles - The Heart And Soul Of Ray Charles (Windmill, 1973 UK Pressing)
Lionel Hampton - Hampton Hits (World Record Club, First UK Pressing)
Ray Charles - The Exciting Years (Allegro, 1964 First UK Pressing)
Art Tatum - Tribute To Art Tatum (World Record Club, 1956 First UK Pressing)
Frank Sinatra - Songs For Young Lovers (Capitol Records, 1956 First UK 10" Pressing)
Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours (Part 2) (Capitol Records, 1956 First UK 10" Pressing - NO COVER)
Coleman Hawkins All Stars - S/T (His Masters Voice, 1954 First UK 10" Pressing)
Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelly Avec Le Quintette Du Hot Club De France - S/T 1 (Disques Decca, 1962 First French 10" pressing)
Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelly Avec Le Quintette Du Hot Club De France - S/T 2 (Disques Decca, 1962 First French 10" pressing)

This is all the carboot haul and I paid less than £1 for each of these (one bundle of 10 cost me £7). I have a few people lined up that are interested in these kinds of records so I tend to restrict myself less than I used to, clean them all up, play each, keep what I like and pile the rest up. When I have enough I sell them to these people for a quid or two more than what I paid and it tends to cover the cost of what I kept. Anyway, the Dylan's are a great addition and I havent heard them before so I look forward to spinning these. The Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelly were an exciting find and even include the original 'rice-paper' inner sleeves which are interesting. The Oscar Peterson is a series of 4 (I have 2 of the others already) and are his best work imo.

IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG

A great couple of days in Casa Selaws. The big haul comes from a carboot sale with a few picks from a couple of locals thrown in:

Michel Legrand - Legrand Jazz (Columbia, 1958 First 6-Eyed Mono Pressing)
Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death (Partisan Records, 2020 First Pressing On 'Stormy Blue' vinyl)
Sauce and Dogs - S/T (Sauce and Dogs, 2020 Limited Pressing with Unique Cover Art)

The Michael Legrand is one I have been after for a long long long time but I always refuse to pay the silly prices I have seen it listed for. This copy finally popped up at a reasonable price and I managed to get in there before anyone else did! The Fontaines D.C is one of the only 'New' non-jazz records I have bought in ages, but I absolutely love their first album after discovering it a few days ago and popped in an order for this. My local, Banquet Records, writes a personalised message on a postcard for each record that they post but due to COVID they are running a skeleton crew. They still sent the postcard and a note to explain the situation which is really nice of them. Finally Sauce and Dogs is an obscure and mysterious release limited to 200 copies with each having a unique cover design (al la Sun Ra). The group has not revealed who they are and I enjoyed the sample tracks enough to gamble on the purchase.
View attachment 59039

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming (CBS, 1979 First European Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Shot Of Love (CBS, 1981 First European Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Saved (CBS, 1980 First European Pressing)
Ella Fitzgerald - Sings The Cole Porter Songbook Volume II (His Masters Voice, 1956 First UK Mono Pressing)
Oscar Peterson - Vol. II Girl Talk (MPS, 1971 First UK Pressing)
Ray Charles - The Heart And Soul Of Ray Charles (Windmill, 1973 UK Pressing)
Lionel Hampton - Hampton Hits (World Record Club, First UK Pressing)
Ray Charles - The Exciting Years (Allegro, 1964 First UK Pressing)
Art Tatum - Tribute To Art Tatum (World Record Club, 1956 First UK Pressing)
Frank Sinatra - Songs For Young Lovers (Capitol Records, 1956 First UK 10" Pressing)
Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours (Part 2) (Capitol Records, 1956 First UK 10" Pressing - NO COVER)
Coleman Hawkins All Stars - S/T (His Masters Voice, 1954 First UK 10" Pressing)
Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelly Avec Le Quintette Du Hot Club De France - S/T 1 (Disques Decca, 1962 First French 10" pressing)
Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelly Avec Le Quintette Du Hot Club De France - S/T 2 (Disques Decca, 1962 First French 10" pressing)

This is all the carboot haul and I paid less than £1 for each of these (one bundle of 10 cost me £7). I have a few people lined up that are interested in these kinds of records so I tend to restrict myself less than I used to, clean them all up, play each, keep what I like and pile the rest up. When I have enough I sell them to these people for a quid or two more than what I paid and it tends to cover the cost of what I kept. Anyway, the Dylan's are a great addition and I havent heard them before so I look forward to spinning these. The Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelly were an exciting find and even include the original 'rice-paper' inner sleeves which are interesting. The Oscar Peterson is a series of 4 (I have 2 of the others already) and are his best work imo.

View attachment 59045
View attachment 59046
Damn!
🔥

Back