Fresh Grabs

The postman brought me a bunch of Jackie McLean this morning. (2 80's OJC pressings and a Blue Note twofer)
I also picked up my copy of The Boillat-Therace Quintet live album.

View attachment 58622
Killer killer killer! I picked up the first UK pressing of Long Drink Of The Blues just the other day, really fantastic album!

Is the postage always free? Im sure I checked in the past and it was £4-odd.

Orchestre Black Santiago
Gnonnas Pedro - Super Select Numero 01
PJ Harvey - Dry

The Black Santiago is one of my most-wanted records: a hard-to-find record by this group from Benin that while they aren't quite Poly-Rythmo are amazing. And the Gnonnas Pedro was an additional surprise from Superfly in Paris - never sold before, not on Discogs. Plus, the start of the PJ Harvey reissues that I'm also v excited by.

20200728_213526.jpg

Oh I’d be much more excited for Time Out of Mind.

Yeah me too but I don’t think MoFi have the rights to it. The vinyl releases seem to follow some of their past SACDs and the only ones that they did post 70s were Oh Mercy and Love & Theft.

Kind of wish I’d grabbed a Blood on the Tracks One Step cause this is AMAZING!!!

If you see a copy anywhere and have the money just buy it. It’s a fair way clear of any of the normal Dylan albums and they’re very good indeed! It’s sort of a religious experience...

Back