Fresh Grabs

World Wide Fresh Grabs
595BD777-3138-46A6-BCD0-F90D3E4A6232.jpeg
Khruangbin - Mordechai
Piper - Summer Breeze

Sven Wunder - Eastern Flowers
Sven Wunder - Wabi Sabi
The new Khruangbin came in a couple days ago it is the End Of The Ear exclusive version. Piper is the LITA exclusive version in Pink wax, A great 80s Japanese City Pop album it showed up today with the pair of Sven Wunder LPs both in nice tip-on sleeves. All are great summer records.

Piccadilly Records package arrived including 3 LRSD exclusives. Bought the Black Pumas mainly just because, Tigermilk is one of my all time favourite albums and I've never owned a copy so this was a good time, likewise with Beach House - Teen Dream.

IMG_20200626_150647.jpg

Also took the opportunity to pick up the Suburbs which was on sale and the new Phoebe Bridgers which is looking like one of the indie rock albums of the year.

IMG_20200626_150701.jpg

After binging on Jazz it's nice to return to indie rock and pick up some of my favourites. Also happy to support record stores like them. This is one of the best packed packages I've received, also the delivery was amazingly quick with very fair shipping costs. Absolutely thrilled about these and so glad my wife didn't kill me. Of all days it chose to arrive it picked today the one day of the week she wanted to work from home. Need to refrain on new purchase now and try to make some shelf space.

Piccadilly Records package arrived including 3 LRSD exclusives. Bought the Black Pumas mainly just because, Tigermilk is one of my all time favourite albums and I've never owned a copy so this was a good time, likewise with Beach House - Teen Dream.

View attachment 53847

Also took the opportunity to pick up the Suburbs which was on sale and the new Phoebe Bridgers which is looking like one of the indie rock albums of the year.

View attachment 53846

After binging on Jazz it's nice to return to indie rock and pick up some of my favourites. Also happy to support record stores like them. This is one of the best packed packages I've received, also the delivery was amazingly quick with very fair shipping costs. Absolutely thrilled about these and so glad my wife didn't kill me. Of all days it chose to arrive it picked today the one day of the week she wanted to work from home. Need to refrain on new purchase now and try to make some shelf space.

Piccadilly records are an amazing indie right in the heart of the northern quarter. It used to be my local when I lived in Manchester and the staff were always really friendly and helpful. Glad to know that they’re still giving a good service!

Piccadilly records are an amazing indie right in the heart of the northern quarter. It used to be my local when I lived in Manchester and the staff were always really friendly and helpful. Glad to know that they’re still giving a good service!

Yeah I visited the last time I was in Manchester. They're a great store and really friendly and accommodating to deal with over email. They have a flat rate shipping to Germany which is 12€ for as many records as you want. They would also add me as a stasher going forward, so I can basically gather up records and then request when to have them shipped which is great

The Roots - Phrenology
Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Gospel Train

What a typically VMP palaver! I rejoined three months ago (never again!) and these are the first records I get. Two of the artists I love the most - I grew up with Sister Rosetta on the radio so am stoked to have this, and I still remember an all-night gig in Brixton on the Phrenology tour. The joke may even be on VMP - they seemed to have confused themselves as they didn't send out Phrenology (not sure my copy is v brown though) when I rejoined with it so I look to be getting a 4th month for the price of 2! It's almost tragic how they can get the music right and pretty much everything else wrong.

20200626_163240.jpg

Mail day! Yeah she gave me the look 🤣

Another whale of mine! Small Circle of Friends "Circle" release. Great music from these guys, if you'd like to check it out!
IMG_20200626_163555__01.jpg

Aesop Rock "The Impossible Kid" repress someone pointed out a few days ago.
IMG_20200626_165213.jpg

That poster is so cool, I want to frame and hang it.

Birocratic "beets 4" Bandcamp discovery the other day, cool beats great vibe.
IMG_20200626_162532.jpg

Mint Field "Pasar de las Luces " saw @Selaws (if I recall correctly) playing this the other day, had it on my sight for a while but the Bandcamp day gave me the push I needed. Great album
IMG_20200626_162738__01.jpg

Back at the House repress, I already had the first press of this but forgot about it 😅
IMG_20200626_170603.jpg

My blue note order from back in Feb finally arrived!
IMG_20200626_170500.jpg

A couple from the target sale
IMG_20200626_165240.jpg

And my swap from VMP
IMG_20200626_162349.jpg

I think that's it... For now lol.

Mostly just bargain finds this time.

Stax Number Ones
Arctic Monkeys - AM
Motley Crue - Girls, Girls Girls (I took a gamble on a $6 Jack Johnson Amazon Warehouse album and got this brand new sent instead so decided to just call it a win and keep it haha)
Julien Baker - Red Door 7"
Reel Big Fish & The Cherry Poppin' Daddies Are... Vacationing In Palm Springs (Signed 7")

IMG_20200626_222534_1 small.jpg

Some fresh grabs have arrived for me today.

First, The Rolling Stones with the Half Speed Mastered vinyl of "Voodoo Lounge" and "Bridges to Babylon". I know many prefer the earlier work of the Stones, but I have to say I really like their late albums. I am glad that both these records are finally available on vinyl for a decent price. 😀🙂

IMG_20200627_163128.jpg

Then I've got the Run the Jewels Limited Teal Vinyl Reissue of their second album from vinyl-digital. I've missed pre-ordering it and when it popped up on ebay a few days ago it was an Instabuy. I hope it sounds as good as their first one, which is one of the best sounding records I have.

The other is Rina Sawayama on gold vinyl from JPC. My copy also wasn't packed in shrink wrap @NathanRicaud. I hope it will be okay regarding sounds and warps. Really glad I still got a copy of this. 😍 And I hope you've been able to get a new copy from the label? 🙂 Looking forward to spin this and hope sound is good. 🔊

IMG_20200627_163101.jpg

Back