Fresh Grabs

I found that Benzaiten at a flea market for $1 in VG+ condition. Just grabbed it on a hunch.
Later bought Masterless Samurai but I didn't like it as much.

Was this re-released on vinyl?

I see it here, never mind!

Last edited:
Yeah , those Mosaic boxes are great , I've got a few LP and a few CD's ones, really well done, That Cecil Taylor should be great !!
I only recently pulled the trigger on my first Mosaic, and now I have The Complete Candid Charles Mingus, The Complete Blue Note/Pacific Jazz Clifford Brown, The Complete Blue Note Fourties Ike Quebec And John Hardee, and now this. I cant get enough of them. As you said, the pressings are fantastic and im a big fan of the extensive booklets that come with them. I really want to hunt down a copy of the Tina Brooks (the complete Lee Morgan would be a dream but far too pricey).

$175 is less than I paid for this but still a lot less than the average (6lps worth of music at that price isnt too bad when you consider the extras and limited pressing). I honestly got lucky, the seller knocked a third off his asking price, I doubt I will find a deal like this again.

I found that Benzaiten at a flea market for $1 in VG+ condition. Just grabbed it on a hunch.
Later bought Masterless Samurai but I didn't like it as much.

Was this re-released on vinyl?

I see it here, never mind!
Yeah I've only seen it available with the box set and after giving those albums a listened I figured I needed this note and didn't want to risk waiting for a reissue that never came

I'm excited to finally get this on vinyl, it should be shipping soon right?
I ordered 2 signed ones, standard and deluxe. It said 20 weeks that was 24th March. So end of August? Might depend on the version you ordered?

3x BN80 for less than 30€ shipped
IMG_20200623_135410.jpg
Do you know how to get good vinyl for cheap?

Step 1: First declare out loud that you're on a vinyl diet and won't be swayed into buying anymore.
Step 2: make sure @Skalap and @BazookaTooth know about step 1
Step 3: all of a sudden dodax, Amazon etc are going to go into meltdown start with their accideals, coupons etc. and the deal squad in step 2 is obviously going to tag you, as if to say " oh, you're on a budget? Running out of room on your shelves? Well how can you resist these you junkie?". That's right, you can't.

Darker than Blue - Soul from Jamdown 1973 - 1980
IMG_20200624_113357.jpg

It seems discogs also went into meltdown. I couldn't believe my luck when I snagged this for 20 pounds. Fantastic music!!

View attachment 53457

Step 1: First declare out loud that you're on a vinyl diet and won't be swayed into buying anymore.
Step 3: all of a sudden dodax, Amazon etc are going to go into meltdown start with their accideals, coupons etc. and the deal squad in step 2 is obviously going to tag you, as if to say " oh, you're on a budget? Running out of room on your shelves? Well how can you resist these you junkie?". That's right, you can't.

View attachment 53460

It seems discogs also went into meltdown. I couldn't believe my luck when I snagged this for 20 pounds. Fantastic music!!

Oh so lovely 💓 Did I told you that Art Blakey - Buhaina's Delight is at 15,89€ right now on Dodax.fr?

View attachment 53457

View attachment 53460

I just received Art Blakey's live album (volume 1). I can take the same picture at home now, I can even add a Nujabes' record in the background.

20200624_141321.jpg

The Coup ‎– This Is The Real, Actual Soundtrack To The Movie Sorry To Bother You By The Coup
Brother Ali ‎– Shadows On The Sun
24 Carat Black ‎– III
Parcels - Live Vol. 1

I really dig the Parcel's live album. They included some of the singles/EP stuff which is pretty cool. The full thing is on YouTube:

Back