Fresh Grabs

Damn Joe!!! Must’ve used all that money selling that Willie Bobo to fund these 😂

I did a bit of teaching over zoom last month, the money was burning a hole in my pocket, these 10 were a bundle deal and I had a further 10% off coupon for the store its 10 of the 11 stones albums that I didn’t have and I am a weak human 😂

about to buy max richter as well as either rodeo by travis scott, lordes melodrama, beyonces lemonade, or carly rae jepsens emotion. just one question is when bullmoose says something is a special order does that mean it will take longer to get there

generally it means they have to reach out to see if it can be obtained. I had one for a month before I found a local option and cancelled.

Be careful on Melodrama, some funky pressings out there. Emotion still slays

Been going a bit crazy with the B2G1 Online sales recently but picked up a trio at retail today I’m quite happy with.

The Better Oblivion Community Center single completes, for now, my Phoebe Bridgers collection (minus her two insanely priced early singles pressings, which are pipe dreams really) and the variants. I was also psyched to find Ruins at discount, just a really high quality and mature album from the sisters. Bad Self Portraits is just a flat great listen and probably going to kick off a LSD collection.

Attachments

• 5F8497C4-34D5-44CB-BDFE-AA2458A13112.jpeg
    5F8497C4-34D5-44CB-BDFE-AA2458A13112.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 6
The other is Rina Sawayama on gold vinyl from JPC. My copy also wasn't packed in shrink wrap @NathanRicaud. I hope it will be okay regarding sounds and warps. Really glad I still got a copy of this. 😍 And I hope you've been able to get a new copy from the label? 🙂 Looking forward to spin this and hope sound is good. 🔊

View attachment 54034
Hope your Rina Sawayama came in good shape! 🤞 I haven’t heard back from Dirty Hit but I’m not stressing out at all! I’m pretty sure there won’t be any replacements. So I’ll just get a copy of the album via Rough Trade! ☺

Run The Jewels 2 is 🔥🔥🔥 by the way! 💯

Like i Said, just follow the steps above and you will somehow break the dodax / Amazon algorithms.

I'm not even sure how this happened but somehow dodax and Amazon went off into a price war and I passed at 9.99 then I passed at 7.99 and then I couldn't resist at 2.99 . It even has the price sticker from Saturn for 23.99 so I'm not sure how they managed this but I think it's about time I explore this album that @Murfocakes so highly recommends.

View attachment 53537
Shut up!!! Did you get this for €2.99?!? 😱👀

How did this pressing sound Joe? I’m curious! I think this variant looks super pretty! 😍

i don’t think there is a good press of it, there isn’t a good press of anything by dead oceans in existence in my opinion. I don’t ageee with the more extreme reactions I’ve seen. It isn’t a sibilant noisy mess, but does have the odd crackle and its not perfect. Mostly though it’s just great music so I am glad to have it.

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Adondjin Na Gnin / Afowa / Assibavi / Minsato Le, Mi Dayi Home / Ao Vero / Dit Moi La Verité
Les Ambassadeurs du Motel de Bamako - Tiecolom-ba
Orchestre Super Borgou de Parakou - Abere Klouklou

I haven't been this excited about a parcel for some time. Courtesy of the wonderful Superfly Records (who took more of my money at the weekend), here are some real grails for me. First up, three rare Poly-Rythmo singles with covers, as well as one (composed by their drummer Yehouessi Leopold) that I've been searching for for more than 5 years, and most intriguing of all what looks like a test pressing of a single (supposedly Dit Moi La Verité) that I'm very excited to hear what it is. Plus, my first original 7s from two of my favourite bands - Mali's Les Ambassadeurs with one of their most well-known songs, and northern Benin's Super Borgou, whose singles are so hard to fine. I'm going to be in bliss for next few hours.

20200629_141656.jpg

Ooooh! The loves vinyl edition of the latest Lankum album arrived today! Love the translucent orange marbled press and because I took loads of pics to do the Discogs entry I can share a pic of the wax with you all too!

View attachment 53922View attachment 53923
I’m curious to know what you think of the album.
I thought it is a fantastic modern and cinematic exploration of Irish traditional music

I’m curious to know what you think of the album.
I thought it is a fantastic modern and cinematic exploration of Irish traditional music

I’ve not had a chance yet! I’m waiting on one more arriving before I do a spin clean session. I should get it on the table by the end of the week, I’ll let you know what I think when I do!

I just got this Mong Tong album from bandcamp. Guruguru Brain band from Taipei

IMG_20200629_142833_109.jpg
IMG_20200629_142833_101.jpg

These showed up in the mail from Light In The Attic, yesterday

IMG_20200627_142818_284.jpg
Sven Wunder - Wabi Sabi

20200629_150505.jpg
Maston - Tulips

20200629_150427.jpg
Bernie Worrell - Pieces Of Woo: The Other Side

I'm supposed to have a couple more items from the Target sale showing up, too

I just got this Mong Tong album from bandcamp. Guruguru Brain band from Taipei

View attachment 54386
View attachment 54387

These showed up in the mail from Light In The Attic, yesterday

View attachment 54388
Sven Wunder - Wabi Sabi

View attachment 54390
Maston - Tulips

View attachment 54389
Bernie Worrell - Pieces Of Woo: The Other Side

I'm supposed to have a couple more items from the Target sale showing up, too

Looking at second picture... How many hands do you have?

Back