Fresh Grabs

Clarice Jensen ‎– The Experience Of Repetition As Death: An album of layers of looped cello drone, "written or conceptualized in a period towards the end of [Jensen's] mother’s fight with leukemia and shortly after she passed away. 'My sister and I were taking care of her. So I’m also referencing the repetitiveness of all the mundane things we still did with her in the face of her terminal illness - preparing meals, doing the shopping, paying bills - as well as the repetition of all of visits to the doctor and hospital.'" Warm, organic and deeply contemplative, this is a stunning record and one of my favorites of 2020. Highly recommended, especially for fans of ambient, drone and experimental music. This track is worth sampling if you're curious.

Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else: I acknowledge the controversy surrounding Music Matters and don't disagree with it. But I'll say in my limited dealings with them I've never had a bad customer experience, and don't fault them for their retail model if the marketplace supports it, which it appears to do. As painful it was to my bank account, I couldn't turn down picking up an SRX audiophile pressing of one of my favorite jazz recordings.

IMG_4471.jpg

Last edited:
Very amped to add this one to my collection. Managed to find it for $40 online in great shape which is a great deal it seems. Cheapest ever sold on discogs appears to be $75. The downside of working from home is that my fiancée is on work zoom calls all day in the room next to my record player so I have to wait to blast it...

IMG_1062.JPG

Not a bad way to start the week :)

Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Cole Porter Song Book from Analog Spark
Billie Holiday - Body And Soul from Analogue Productions 2x45RPM
Michel Legrand - Legrand Jazz from Impex Records 2x45RPM

IMG_3357.jpeg

Noreaga - N.O.R.E. Original 1998 US pressing sealed
Wu-Tang Clan - The W Original 2000 US pressing sealed

IMG_3359.jpeg

Not a bad way to start the week :)

Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Cole Porter Song Book from Analog Spark
Billie Holiday - Body And Soul from Analogue Productions 2x45RPM
Michel Legrand - Legrand Jazz from Impex Records 2x45RPM

View attachment 47637

Noreaga - N.O.R.E. Original 1998 US pressing sealed
Wu-Tang Clan - The W Original 2000 US pressing sealed

View attachment 47638
Need that NORE. I've got superthug on 12" though

Absolutely love The W. Feels its underapreciated. Can't go to sleep is a classic in itself

Need that NORE. I've got superthug on 12" though

Absolutely love The W. Feels its underapreciated. Can't go to sleep is a classic in itself

Get it. It's pretty cheap 😬

Agreed. Very underrated album. And then it started to go downhill for them a bit. I still like most of Iron Flag but i'll never be cool with non-Wu producers on their albums.

Fresh Unwound Grabs
0B8522B9-295F-4A0E-AD9B-3C35930A2F06.jpeg
Unwound - Kid Is Gone
Unwound - Rat Conspiracy
Unwound - No Energy
Unwound - Empire

Numero Group had an Unwound sale a couple weeks ago where they were offering up their complete discography for $100 and I decided to jump on it. They are what I have come to expect from Numero Group releases, good quality and at really good value.

Last edited:
Get it. It's pretty cheap 😬

Agreed. Very underrated album. And then it started to go downhill for them a bit. I still like most of Iron Flag but i'll never be cool with non-Wu producers on their albums.
Its on the long list a long time lol. Yeah I actually love iron flag and I do agree mostly with no outside producers but wu tang saga continues was cool from dj mathematics

Back