Fresh Grabs

Not for nothing and you may have checked, not sure if you've "opened" it, but the number is under the single sheet on the back of the box........I only mention this because when I got mine I thought it wasn't until I opened it and that back sheet came off. ;)

.......and no, it not being numbered takes nothing away from this stellar deal.
I saw that from the Discogs pics, and nope, not numbered. No biggie though.

Today's arrivals:

Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings
OMG this set is impeccable. I thought everyone who praised it here was perhaps being hyperbolic, but believe everything you've heard. This was a steal on Amazon at $130.
View attachment 46898

I'll repeat that suggestion that you check to be sure you have jackets for all of the records (no repeats), and each has the record it's supposed to have. My first box from Amazon had an 'extra' Blonde on Blonde record in the John Wesley Harding sleeve.

I'll repeat that suggestion that you check to be sure you have jackets for all of the records (no repeats), and each has the record it's supposed to have. My first box from Amazon had an 'extra' Blonde on Blonde record in the John Wesley Harding sleeve.
Make sure all the correct disks are there too
Thank you both for the advice, I will check

11B7EA80-08DE-41FA-9C07-335AE62AD2DC.jpeg
Today treated me real well. Two albums I have been wanting for awhile arrived. Piñata Alex Goose remix was a random restock at Rappcatts which I only found out about when I almost bought it for resale price ($150ish) from clinthoward on reddit. Someone pointed out Rappcatts restocked for $25.

Madlib High Jazz was a late night discogs purchase. Happened to look at the marketplace for my wantlist and sorted by new. This copy was up for $30 when it usually goes for double that typically. Couldn’t hit buy fast enough.

Field Works - Ultrasonic
(Temporary Residence Records)

0514201758~2.jpg

The artist behind this album recorded bat echolocation using ultrasonic microphones. He then collaborated with a variety of musicians to "sample" those recordings and create an ambient/neo-classical album.

I'm a wildife biologist that specializes in bat and avian field research, so when I heard about this album from a Temporary Residence email, I was immediately intrigued. I read more about it, and it turns out the field recordings were collected in the very same location where I completed my Masters degree fieldwork studying the endangered Indiana bat (Myotis sodalis). Small world. These Indiana bat summer maternity colonies have existed in central Indiana for decades, and these bats are known to live for 20 to 30 years or more. While the probability is very low, there's a chance that some of the individual recordings on this album, were the very same bats I recorded in 2012-2013. Ha ha. It's a long-shot.

Anyways, sorry to drag on. I just really loved the concept of the album and the Field Works series. And how close to home, how novel, this record is for my own personal life.

Music and nature. My sustenance.

Unluckily I live in a state that hasn’t put down strong enough restrictions on what’s essential and what isn’t... luckily that means I can mask up and go in and support my local during my commute home. Original Terre Haute pressing of this classic that I couldn’t pass up, happy to add it to the collection.

Grateful Dead - Skull & Roses/ST/Skullfuck
F60AD2EE-774C-4E24-BECB-BAAA72ADC999.jpeg

Last edited:
Field Works - Ultrasonic
(Temporary Residence Records)

View attachment 46926

The artist behind this album recorded bat echolocation using ultrasonic microphones. He then collaborated with a variety of musicians to "sample" those recordings and create an ambient/neo-classical album.

I'm a wildife biologist that specializes in bat and avian field research, so when I heard about this album from a Temporary Residence email, I was immediately intrigued. I read more about it, and it turns out the field recordings were collected in the very same location where I completed my Masters degree fieldwork studying the endangered Indiana bat (Myotis sodalis). Small world. These Indiana bat summer maternity colonies have existed in central Indiana for decades, and these bats are known to live for 20 to 30 years or more. While the probability is very low, there's a chance that some of the individual recordings on this album, were the very same bats I recorded in 2012-2013. Ha ha. It's a long-shot.

Anyways, sorry to drag on. I just really loved the concept of the album and the Field Works series. And how close to home, how novel, this record is for my own personal life.

Music and nature. My sustenance.

What a great story! And how unlikely??! So how's the record? haha

I don’t remember if you said, was your 2nd box numbered or no?

Fresh Lysergic Acid Diethylamide Grabs
8FF7FFC1-0179-45F0-B448-657A8EBE8CA5.jpeg
Hamilton Leithouser - The Loves Of Your Life
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna
The Upsetters - Super Ape
Bicycle Day
by Brian Blomerth
Heads: A Biography of Psychedelic America by Jesse Jarnow

I received Hamilton Leithouser & Stevie Nicks in my VMP box. I missed out on Super Ape in the VMP store and warmer weather makes me wanna jam to some Reggae/Dub so I picked this up for around $20 on Discogs. The books were both inspired by posts/conversations I had in the forum and touch on a similar topic (LSD!) @BjorgenFjorgen posted about Heads on here a month or so ago and it piqued my interest; I found a hardcover copy up for sale from Zia Records via Amazon for a good price so grabbed a copy. @Dead C recently mentioned Bicycle Day a great graphic novel that I had previously read but never owned and after that conversation I had I figured it was time to add it to my collection also.

Last edited:
View attachment 46966
Bicycle Day
by Brian Blomerth

I received Hamilton Leithouser & Stevie Nicks in my VMP box. I missed out on Super Ape in the VMP store and warmer weather makes me wanna jam to some Reggae/Dub so I picked this up for around $20 on Discogs. The books were both inspired by posts/conversations I had in the forum and touch on a similar topic (LSD!) @BjorgenFjorgen posted about Heads on here a month or so ago and it piqued my interest; I found a hardcover copy up for sale from Zia Records via Amazon for a good price so grabbed a copy. @Dead C recently mentioned Bicycle Day a great graphic novel that I had previously read but never owned and after that conversation I had I figured it was time to add it to my collection also.
Awesome! I actually just finished Heads this evening and really loved it.

View attachment 46966
Bicycle Day
by Brian Blomerth

Guess I'm gonna need to check out Heads

Ordered these ages ago, before pandemics, but had them delivered to the office. Was in briefly for the first time since 20th March this morning to pick up some work so I finally got them!

View attachment 46981

Know Your Enemy, the only MSP CD I have because Ocean Spray was playing a lot on radio during my summer holidays in Portugal in 2001.

It's easy to see, it's easy to see...

Know Your Enemy, the only MSP CD I have because Ocean Spray was playing a lot on radio during my summer holidays in Portugal in 2001.

It's easy to see, it's easy to see...

I have so much manics stuff, it’s mad, second time around on this one...

That’s a good song, this was a wierd album for them, I liked the 3 or 4 singles but it’s a pretty poor album. But, I’m a completionist so whatcha going to do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back