Fresh Grabs

Might not be able to play them for a few weeks but that sure didn't stop me getting a head start on some orders.

The first drops of the upcoming flood popped through the door so thought I'd start putting them in here as a means of at least doing something with them between now and being able to give them a spin. You need to start with a healthy collection right? At least that's what I've been telling myself every time I hit the buy button 😂

Most things will be pretty recent in the initial waves but will be moving to fill out the classics soon. Just quite uh, a few more versions to choose from with things like After The Gold Rush and want to make sure I'm buying right when buying old 👍

20200418_155635-01-0d1kfy.jpeg

Might not be able to play them for a few weeks but that sure didn't stop me getting a head start on some orders.

The first drops of the upcoming flood popped through the door so thought I'd start putting them in here as a means of at least doing something with them between now and being able to give them a spin. You need to start with a healthy collection right? At least that's what I've been telling myself every time I hit the buy button 😂

Most things will be pretty recent in the initial waves but will be moving to fill out the classics soon. Just quite uh, a few more versions to choose from with things like After The Gold Rush and want to make sure I'm buying right when buying old 👍

20200418_155635-01-0d1kfy.jpeg

Fakear <3

Fakear <3
Right? I was going through my playlists wondering what might be nice to have and figured it was a long-shot when I searched for Animal and there it was. Had to lock it down, was so happy when it arrived this morning. Ankara is like my life blood in music form.

Right? I was going through my playlists wondering what might be nice to have and figured it was a long-shot when I searched for Animal and there it was. Had to lock it down, was so happy when it arrived this morning. Ankara is like my life blood in music form.

I love this album, not so much the following. There are some real gems here, starting with Leaving Tokyo, La Lune Rousse or Le Chant du Monde.

I love this album, not so much the following. There are some real gems here, starting with Leaving Tokyo, La Lune Rousse or Le Chant du Monde.
Super choices - I listened to Leaving Tokyo when leaving Tokyo after visiting this time last year. Spent half the plane journey listening to Animal and looking through the window of the door. Truth be told I didn't revisit the following album much so can't speak to it. Animal was always enough you might say, but will go back to and see how I fare inbetween now and falling into this version of it once the setup is up and running.

Seems to be that the post office has been collating parcels for us to deliver in one go. Not that I'm complaining, best for them to say safe and it makes deliveries like this feel like Christmas. :ROFLMAO:

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin' (Columbia, 1964 First UK Mono Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (Columbia, 1965 First UK Mono Pressing)
Roy Orbison - Mystery Girl (Virgin, 1989 First UK Pressing)

I THOROUGHLY blame @Joe Mac for my new Dylan obsession :ROFLMAO:. I have loved every record I have heard from his so far, so decided to get the next 2! Orbison was a favourite of my Grandads, so had to pick this one up.
IMG_6065.JPG

Hank Mobley, Billy Root, Curtis Fuller, Lee Morgan - Monday Night At Birdland (Columbia, 1959 First UK Mono Pressing)
Sasaki Hideto - Sekine Toshiyuki Quartet + 1 - Stop Over (BBE J-Jazz Series, 2020 Reissue)
EAST COASTING: Cover Art of Prestige, Atlantic Riverside Records (Collins & Brown, 1993 First Issue)
Grant Green: Rediscovering the Forgotten Genius of Jazz Guitar (Rowman & Littlefield, 2002 First Issue)

Another great haul here. The 'Monday Night At Birdland' is a superb session and I have had the follow up ('Another Monday Night At Birdland')
which is just fire, so glad this copy popped up! The books are superb. I first saw the East Coasting at Honest Jons with a £30 price tag....which I passed on. Been keeping an eye out for a copy and this cheapo one finally popped up! The Grant Green looks to be a fantastic book and was written by Green's Daughter-in-law, Sharony Andrews Green, so im sure it will be a fascinating insight!

IMG_6066.JPG

Last edited:
So I found Bhi Bhiman's Peace of Mind lp on ebay for 5 bucks. The guy had two with free shipping. Bought both, one for me and one for my son. Got them today in a plastic bubble bag. They were near mint to mint, but definitely not anymore. After literally hundreds of online lp's I've bought, this was the first to show up without a box. Not sure how I feel about it. I mean, 5 bucks, so I guess I understand he didn't want to lose money on shipping. But then again, they were auctions, and you have to understand you may not get what you're hoping for as far as price. Regardless, he has a big ebay vinyl store that I guess I won't buy from again. I mean, if it was 20 bucks, does it come in a box. Doesn't shake right for me, What do you guys think?

Seems to be that the post office has been collating parcels for us to deliver in one go. Not that I'm complaining, best for them to say safe and it makes deliveries like this feel like Christmas. :ROFLMAO:

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin' (Columbia, 1964 First UK Mono Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (Columbia, 1965 First UK Mono Pressing)
Roy Orbison - Mystery Girl (Virgin, 1989 First UK Pressing)

I THOROUGHLY blame @Joe Mac for my new Dylan obsession :ROFLMAO:. I have loved every record I have heard from his so far, so decided to get the next 2! Orbison was a favourite of my Grandads, so had to pick this one up.
View attachment 41981

Hank Mobley, Billy Root, Curtis Fuller, Lee Morgan - Monday Night At Birdland (Columbia, 1959 First UK Mono Pressing)
Sasaki Hideto - Sekine Toshiyuki Quartet + 1 - Stop Over (BBE J-Jazz Series, 2020 Reissue)
EAST COASTING: Cover Art of Prestige, Atlantic Riverside Records (Collins & Brown, 1993 First Issue)
Grant Green: Rediscovering the Forgotten Genius of Jazz Guitar (Rowman & Littlefield, 2002 First Issue)

Another great haul here. The 'Monday Night At Birdland' is a superb session and I have had the follow up ('Another Monday Night At Birdland')
which is just fire, so glad this copy popped up! The books are superb. I first saw the East Coasting at Honest Jons with a £30 price tag....which I passed on. Been keeping an eye out for a copy and this cheapo one finally popped up! The Grant Green looks to be a fantastic book and was written by Green's Daughter-in-law, Sharony Andrews Green, so im sure it will be a fascinating insight!

View attachment 41986

Two more amazing Dylans there. Highway 61 Revisited, in particular, is right out of the, very large, Bob Dylan top drawer.

Last edited:
So this is a haul from my first ever Facebook purchase :ROFLMAO: . I've been a 'member' of a load of record & jazz groups for years but never post on there (facebook is something I very rarely use). Last weekend a post caught my eye where a guy was selling off a big mix of records for cheap, with the offer to accept offers for group purchases. I got all these at a STEAL! 1 album is worth more than I paid for all of them, so im super happy as the music is just so damn good!

Yusef Lateef - The Fabric Of Jazz (Realm, 1965 Mono Reissue)
Art Pepper - ...The Way It Was! (Contemporary Records, 1972 First Compilation Pressing)
The Amazing Bud Powell - Time Waits (Blue Note, 1977 Japanese Toshiba Pressing)
The Bud Powell Trio - S/T (Vogue Records, 1952 First Mono 10" Pressing)

The Bud Powell 10" is the gem here, pretty tricky to find and contains some killer early material. The Blue Note is obviously a great grab as well, and the Toshiba presses are superb. Art Pepper has always been a favourite of mine and I find hes really underrated as a musician! Finally a fantastic session from Lateef, I have been after the original for a long long time but this will certainly suffice for now!
IMG_6168.JPG

Bill Evans - Conception (Riverside, 1975 Compilation Pressing)
Charlie Byrd - In! (Fontana, 1964 First Pressing)
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Changes (CBS, 1964 First Mono Pressing)

The second batch from the same seller. All the records needed a clean up, but look to be in pretty damn good shape now!
IMG_6167.JPG

Back