Fresh Grabs

Refresh Server Down Grabs
F1F5956D-C004-46A2-84BC-B81010CD6F32.jpeg
Otis Redding - The Immortal Otis Redding
Daniel Norgren - Wooh Dang
The National - Cherry Tree, Vol. 2
Songs: Ohia - Love & Work (The Lioness Sessions)
Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand
Fountain Of Wayne - Utopia Parkway

All were online purchase (obviously) trying to still support the locals when I can, Both Songs: Ohia and GBV were order from the amazing Oly shop Rainy Day Records. Daniel Norgren was a VMP Swap. It was one that I dithered about for too long and had “sold out”, glad to have secured a copy. the FOW was ordered sadly after learning of Adam Schlesinger’s unfortunate passing early this week. I was a record I alway loved but never got around to purchasing. The National is the Cherry Tree exclusive for last year and looks incredible and Otis is Otis.

Last edited:
Just realized I haven’t shared my March grabs yet! Here they are:

BC1B672A-B59B-4BEF-A607-6BD68442C31C.jpeg

I grabbed Wilco and Patrice Rushen from my local shop days before everything shut down (unfortunately they pride themselves in NOT having an online presence). Patrice was < $10 and in pristine shape.

Big thanks to @Sonicpharmacist for the X-Ray Spex (and to N&G as a whole for reminding me I should’ve checked this album out decades ago)!

That Verve book is superb, I picked a copy up after having the Blue Note one for a while (also worth investing in!) and was blown away by how amazing it is!

I think it was your post that got me looking into it after reading the Blue Note book. Very similar builds on the books. Found a used copy on this one, a little banged up around the edges but in pretty good shape overall. Thanks again!

I think it was your post that got me looking into it after reading the Blue Note book. Very similar builds on the books. Found a used copy on this one, a little banged up around the edges but in pretty good shape overall. Thanks again!
Oh wow, so cool! Glad I could be of some help then!

A few of my friends know that I enjoy vinyl, but none have a 3D printer to my knowledge. The sender is from TX.

Also, I just realized how to use this...the lettering is slightly raised in the back to allow the jacket to stay in place. I thought I had to affix it to the wall. Can't believe it took me almost an hour to figure that out 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 40590

View attachment 40591
If you search "Now Playing record stand", they pop up on easy and ebay...about 20 plus shipping, and in multiple colors

Mail call!

Freedy Johnston - can you fly. I love this album, one I've always gone back to.

Khraungbin & Leon Bridges - Texas Sun. I knew the one they sent originally wasn't the nebula one I ordered. Glad this showed up on its own.

Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt with Graceland 7". So happy to get this album, hoping it sounds as great as I've heard it looks.

84092491-BCDF-452C-BA1B-63DA64E4276A.jpeg

I received four parcels this morning, due to the coronavirus it took more time than expected to arrive but eventually everything is here, in good shape :)

First two are Outernational Sounds reissues of Nimbus West records. Next is what was supposed to be a RSD 2020 exclusive: a live recording of some of the finest UK Jazz artists like Joe Armon-Jones and Nubya Garcia. This live session was recorded during a Peterson’s BBC radio show broadcast on 20th October 2018. At last but not least, first vinyl release of Tom Misch's Beat Tape Vol.1, signed edition.

Nate Morgan - Retribution, Reparation
Jesse Sharps Quintet & P.A.P.A - Sharps And Flats
Various - Gilles Peterson Presents MV4
Tom Misch - Beat Tape 1 (signed)

1586948952250.png

This is my first VMP shipment in a looooong months and I can see the improvement. Records were shipped out of their sleeves, inner sleeves are not regular paper sleeve but QPR or Sleeve City inner sleeves which is really good. Communication was great, as usual, and the box used was perfect. Everything arrived in perfect shape and I can't wait to spin these records. Thank you @Joe Mac 😅

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - The Freedom Rider
Celia & Johnny - Celia & Johnny
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Jazz Impressions Of Japan
Herbie Hancock - Mr. Hands

1586948984137.png

Back