Fresh Grabs

Crossed a grail off the list with an original US pressing of Gravediggaz which looks brand new. No marks on either side of the record and no wear on the cover or picture inner sleeve and at a great price considering what it usually goes for.

IMG_3304.jpeg

Also added these two. Seller stated they were VCS cleaned, both were covered in dust lol And Monk is dish warped. The smell i'm guessing was free of charge. But they were cheap and in very good condition.

IMG_3303.jpeg

These three arrived today. All nice and perfect except a split on the top of Drive.
RDR2 won't fit in the sleeve as it's a bit of a chunky double so will try another brand and see if that works.

20200422_151705-01djkcz.jpeg

💟

20200422_145133-01tzky2.jpeg

(Don't worry, they'll all be in mofi sleeves when they turn up!)

20200422_145907-01majoz.jpeg

Being new and someone particularly picky about damage anyway I'm still not sure what's deemed reasonable when buying new and what comes with the territory of getting records through the post. In this case it's a little annoying but I'm guessing it's small to where it's the type of thing I should get somewhat accustomed to?

Obviously know the damage could be way worse but just getting a gauge of what I should be expecting moving forward.

Either way, really happy with these.

what @TenderLovingKiller® allready said and with replacements the joy of the paying forward the damaged ones begins !

Crossed a grail off the list with an original US pressing of Gravediggaz which looks brand new. No marks on either side of the record and no wear on the cover or picture inner sleeve and at a great price considering what it usually goes for.

View attachment 42642

Also added these two. Seller stated they were VCS cleaned, both were covered in dust lol And Monk is dish warped. The smell i'm guessing was free of charge. But they were cheap and in very good condition.

View attachment 42643
This is an incredible package, congrats dude! I have the RSD picture disc of the Gravediggaz (not the best audio quality) but would much prefer the standard copy!

Interestingly for me, I hardly ever see the Gryce/Brown 10" posted. I got a copy late last year. I was bidding on another copy (which had scratches but a nice sleeve) on ebay but it sold for an eye-watering £155. I jumped over on discogs and bought the last copy for £10. The sleeve is a bit rough but the record is in great shape, I actually posted about it here:

Still not buying much but, nice tunes came in.

Otis Redding - The Immortal Otis Redding
Rick Ross - Teflon Don

EA39927F-0B78-45FE-B629-F59601D715D7.jpeg

Aseop Rock - The Impossible Kid

6191BE3C-0BB9-4711-964E-91150C9B1C78.jpeg

The Impossible Kid was a very inspired purchase. After talking with @Dead C for a good minute and understanding why this album was so important to him and his son, I decided to go on the hunt for it. I had listened to all of the lyrics on the album a few times over and decided to wait for a copy to get. Couldn’t beat the price I got it for.

Fresh Draft Day Grabs
BC969BA4-704F-4529-8945-A4BB70C1EC83.jpeg

Rick Ross - Teflon Don

Just the VMP R&HH Sub. Sounds great though the jacket was a bit beat up. I hope to be getting some store credit shortly as compensation.
Mike & The Moonpies - Cheap Silver & Solid Country Gold
In a year of many fantastic Country releases this was my favorite Country LP of 2019, The band actually flew to London and recorded parts of the album at the Abbey Road Studios with a full orchestra, Red Dirt combined with Countrypolitan might sound like a strange pair but it works remarkably well here.
Low - Things We Lost In The Fire
I needed more Low on wax and there was no better place to start than with what is probably my favorite of their albums, this is the AAA reissue that Kranky put out a few years ago.
Guided By Voices - Alien Lanes
I have been slowly working through acquiring many of the 180g RTI reissues that Matador put out around 2008-2009. This one is was also cut by Kevin Gray and sounds wonderful.
D12F91A3-C49F-4A79-92CF-0C5D70B7BE89.jpeg
Masayoshi Takanaka - An Insatiable High

I am super excited about this one. I have been casually dipping my toes in the late 70s early 80s City Pop scene now for a bit but this is the first LP I have purchased. Initially I was drawn to the fantastic artwork but the music is phenomenal too, Takanaka is a great guitarist and supplemented the session with some skilled LA musicians like of Towers of Power’s horn section and Patrice Rushen on keyboard. I had been eyeing copies on Discogs for a while but randomly checked eBay this past weekend and was able to win a copy from a Japanese seller for $16!!!
Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers - Caravan
This was a happy eBay find also, I have been on an Blakey kick since the back to back releases late last year of both VMP Freedom Rider and the Blue Note 80’s Indestructible I was also unfamiliar with the Riverside label until recently and realized you could acquire Riverside US and Japanese reissues from the 1970s that sound great, came with Obis, and are super affordable. This was one of those releases. I could not be happier!

Last edited:
Mail call; this LP shipped from NJ, went to Iowa then Florida, here to PA.

Philadelphia-based band Caterpillar, 2011 release Johnstown. Hand numbered edition of 225. Bright green vinyl. Screen printed sleeve.

5 songs about the great Johnstown flood of 1889.

I’ve been trying to buy one for over a year. They just don’t turn up.

D0C797FF-EE53-4DDE-904C-1B387F61E0BB.jpegF1C0FCF8-5D31-40E5-9B0B-46DDDD9C88C5.jpeg57D511C6-4C1B-4C84-8F3D-2353B4948E73.jpegCA3E82E4-E6CD-4EB0-B00E-F4C708FC9449.jpeg370BCDA9-0287-41E2-968F-7E00E8C101EF.jpeg

Fresh Draft Day Grabs
View attachment 42778

Rick Ross - Teflon Don

Just the VMP R&HH Sub. Sounds great though the jacket was a bit beat up. I hope to be getting some store credit shortly as compensation.
Mike & The Moonpies - Cheap Silver & Solid Country Gold
In a year of many fantastic Country releases this was my favorite Country LP of 2019, The band actually flew to London and recorded parts of the album at the Abbey Road Studios with a full orchestra, Red Dirt combined with Countrypolitan might sound like a strange pair but it works remarkably well here.
Low - Things We Lost In The Fire
I needed more Low on wax and there was no better place to start than with what is probably my favorite of their albums, this is the AAA reissue that Kranky put out a few years ago.
Guided By Voices - Alien Lanes
I have been slowly working through acquiring many of the 180g RTI reissues that Matador put out around 2008-2009. This one is was also cut by Kevin Gray and sounds wonderful.
View attachment 42779
Masayoshi Takanaka - An Insatiable High

I am super excited about this one. I have been casually dipping my toes in the late 70s early 80s City Pop scene now for a bit but this is the first LP I have purchased. Initially I was drawn to the fantastic artwork but the music is phenomenal too, Takanaka is a great guitarist and supplemented the session with some skilled LA musicians like of Towers of Power’s horn section and Patrice Rushen on keyboard. I had been eyeing copies on Discogs for a while but randomly checked eBay this past weekend and was able to win a copy from a Japanese seller for $16!!!
Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers - Caravan
This was a happy eBay find also, I have been on an Blakey kick since the back to back releases late last year of both VMP Freedom Rider and the Blue Note 80’s Indestructible I was also unfamiliar with the Riverside label until recently and realized you could acquire Riverside US and Japanese reissues from the 1970s that sound great, came with Obis, and are super affordable. This was one of those releases. I could not be happier!
Where did you get the Mike & the Moonpies?

Where did you get the Mike & the Moonpies?
I bit the bullet and grabbed it off their merch site. Shipping was about as much as the Takanaka record that shipped from Japan, Especially since it was shipped media mail in a cheap unprotected mailer but it arrived in one piece, it’s a nice gatefold jacket and the pressing sounds great. Probably spent more than it’s worth but I am happy to have it.

I bit the bullet and grabbed it off their merch site. Shipping was about as much as the Takanaka record that shipped from Japan, Especially since it was shipped media mail in a cheap unprotected mailer but it arrived in one piece, it’s a nice gatefold jacket and the pressing sounds great. Probably spent more than it’s worth but I am happy to have it.
Yeah, I loved that album too. Been thinking about grabbing it. Was supposed to see them a couple months back, had tickets but ended up not being able to go. Was going to grab it then, figured they'd have it while touring. Guess I'll dive in for the last two also.

Yeah, I loved that album too. Been thinking about grabbing it. Was supposed to see them a couple months back, had tickets but ended up not being able to go. Was going to grab it then, figured they'd have it while touring. Guess I'll dive in for the last two also.
I have Steak Night already. That one and the one prior are available on Amazon but I haven’t seen Cheap Silver anywhere else but their webstore. Though I am sure they would sell it at their merch table too.

Great mail day.

International Anthem hooked me up with Jeff Parker - The New Breed (Deluxe Edition)

Also a couple favorites from 2020 so far

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud (Loser edition)
Baxter Dury - The Night Chancers (a potential AOTY pick for me)

The last two took weeks and weeks to arrive, one from Chicago and the other from England. I had feared them lost.

7DA092FC-4D7E-44A3-926D-923B9835A92D.jpeg

Back