Fresh Grabs

Some cheapo hmv bargains ..4 more to come..hats off to brilliant packaging ..two lots of 4 packed in to fully protected box then sealed in a bigger box and properly padded out to minimise movement ..great work hmv..and if they do go belly up don't blame me ! I took a punt on the Bowie as it was only £8 and was a 50/50 chance of being on clear vinyl..and guess what ...
It was black! Oh well this does have the “sax” version of John, I’m Only Dancing which my orange rca victor does not ..

BCF6F502-43C7-4222-BBBB-B4EC6D961474.jpeg

Kinda fresh grab, my buddy from Dalian who owns a record store, picked this record from Deca Joins ~ 浴室 (bathroom) up for me since it's not available stateside and I didn't want to pay taobao/shipping. It arrived yesterday in his store and I can't wait until this pandemic is over so I can head back over and see him again
Screenshot_20200416_111428_com.tencent.mm.jpg
Screenshot_20200416_111335_com.tencent.mm.jpg

The Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion
Goat - Commune
Emma-Jean Thackray - Rain Dance

Black Crowes is a result of all the @Yer Ol' Uncle D spins (and that it's already more familiar to me than a lot of the records I already own), @Thackeraye played Goat a week ago and I wondered why I had World Music but not this, Emma-Jean Thackray is fab London jazz, and 100 inner covers for good measure. My local is pretty much back open so happy days...

20200417_151036.jpg

The Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion
Goat - Commune
Emma-Jean Thackray - Rain Dance

Black Crowes is a result of all the @Yer Ol' Uncle D spins (and that it's already more familiar to me than a lot of the records I already own), @Thackeraye played Goat a week ago and I wondered why I had World Music but not this, Emma-Jean Thackray is fab London jazz, and 100 inner covers for good measure. My local is pretty much back open so happy days...

View attachment 41708
Happy to have jogged your memory! It's a great album.

I told y'all this lockdown was killing my finances. This bunch just landed, mainly but not all Japanese presses:

A trio of Albert Ayler

IMG_8252.jpg

A couple of Eric Dolphys. I missed the RSD release of these together a couple of years back but can live without the outtakes/extras.

IMG_8253.jpg

Some Art Ensemble and adjacent. Egwu-Anwu, the live one on India Navigation has been on my wantlist for a while and this was the first time I'd seen one in excellent condition for sale.

IMG_8255.jpg
IMG_8254.jpg

A quartet of Marion Browns. Particularly excited to give the Live in Willisau one a spin, it's got Steve McCraven (Makaya's old man) on drums, curious to how good his pops was.

IMG_8256.jpg
IMG_8257.jpg

A pair of Blakeys

IMG_8258.jpg

Various pianists of differing eras and styles:

IMG_8262.jpg

Sax players from alto, tenor and baritone ranges:

IMG_8264.jpg

And this couple of beauties tagged along.

IMG_8260.jpg

I told y'all this lockdown was killing my finances. This bunch just landed, mainly but not all Japanese presses:

A trio of Albert Ayler

View attachment 41765

A couple of Eric Dolphys. I missed the RSD release of these together a couple of years back but can live without the outtakes/extras.

View attachment 41766

Some Art Ensemble and adjacent. Egwu-Anwu, the live one on India Navigation has been on my wantlist for a while and this was the first time I'd seen one in excellent condition for sale.

View attachment 41768
View attachment 41767

A quartet of Marion Browns. Particularly excited to give the Live in Willisau one a spin, it's got Steve McCraven (Makaya's old man) on drums, curious to how good his pops was.

View attachment 41769
View attachment 41770

A pair of Blakeys

View attachment 41771

Various pianists of differing eras and styles:

View attachment 41773

Sax players from alto, tenor and baritone ranges:

View attachment 41774

And this couple of beauties tagged along.

View attachment 41772

Amazing, tell me more about those Lester bowies! I was pretty intrigued by a few tracks they had to on the Spotify ECM 50 playlist last year.

Amazing, tell me more about those Lester bowies! I was pretty intrigued by a few tracks they had to on the Spotify ECM 50 playlist last year.

These two are both new to me. I listened to quick samples before I bought them and they both sound grand. I like Lester's style, he can play out there, experimental stuff with the best of them but he's not afraid to throw in some old style blues riffs too.

Back