Fresh Grabs

Enlightenment is a great record too... I love in the days before rock n roll... a really good album all round..and the best of the clash is essential too..great pick up all round ..got all of em on vinyl and cd

BC7D6CFF-CB76-48C4-BF80-3951D0F65074.jpeg

3155AE19-9A59-4DAA-AC90-A33D9BD0DEC9.jpeg

Been a rough week on all fronts but this beauty arrived straight from the “land of the rising sun”. I have my US original that is still in remarkable shape given what we’ve been through together. This Japanese 1st Press looks like new all around. A personal Holy Grail and my fav Zep LP.

I have a smaller collection and I was running out of stuff I haven’t listened to yet and was wanting something new. So given that everything but Target is closed basically (And not going in to Walmart right now lol) I decided I’d utilize their delivery to your car service for a record. I decided on some Billie Eilish. I was hesitant because it isn’t my normal thing but I remembered it’s good to try new music some times. I’m glad I did as I really enjoyed it. The glow in the dark really was cool too and despite some of the reviews it sounded nearly perfect best I could tell.

CE7BEFBB-2417-4FCA-8846-5590719F8D9F.jpeg56AE28F4-405F-4246-BF8E-651D444BDE6B.jpeg

I have a smaller collection and I was running out of stuff I haven’t listened to yet and was wanting something new. So given that everything but Target is closed basically (And not going in to Walmart right now lol) I decided I’d utilize their delivery to your car service for a record. I decided on some Billie Eilish. I was hesitant because it isn’t my normal thing but I remembered it’s good to try new music some times. I’m glad I did as I really enjoyed it. The glow in the dark really was cool too and despite some of the reviews it sounded nearly perfect best I could tell.

View attachment 38488View attachment 38489
I love this album. My 9 year old who was 8 at the time introduced it to me and I'm forever grateful. This version looks amazing

The last of my recent Discogs haul just arrived. This is the Van Morrison album that I have most childhood nostalgia for, my dad played the cassette to death in the car when it came out. It’s a bit god bothering but regardless the quality of the songs is really high. Also filling in a gaping hole in my Al Green collection.

496C2BA3-72C6-4522-9E66-598BD1DF8252.jpeg

I had two other recent amazon purchases (Stooges Fun House and Manics Know Your Enemy) delivered to work so it’ll be a while before I get them!

Last edited:
The last of my recent Discogs haul just arrived. This is the Van Morrison album that I have most childhood nostalgia for, my dad played the cassette to death in the car when it came out. It’s a bit god bothering but regardless the quality of the songs is really high. Also filling in a gaping hole in my Al Green collection.

View attachment 38513

I had two other recent amazon purchases (Stooges Fun House and Manics Know Your Enemy) delivered to work so it’ll be a while before I get them!

Love that Van Mo album. Took me forever to find a used copy!

which other albums do you recommend from them?
Glad you asked!

My personal favorite from this label is Talk to the Sea by Gigi Masin. It's a 90-min ambient compilation across his career and contains so much time-stopping beauty.

Since you picked the Brazilian compilation, I would recommend checking out the releases from Spanish ambient producer Suso Sáiz:
  • Odisea
  • Rainworks
  • Nothing is Objective (my favorite)
I would also HIGHLY recommend Música Esporádica, a collaborative effort by six American and Spanish ambient artists.

Just a start!

Glad you asked!

My personal favorite from this label is Talk to the Sea by Gigi Masin. It's a 90-min ambient compilation across his career and contains so much time-stopping beauty.

Since you picked the Brazilian compilation, I would recommend checking out the releases from Spanish ambient producer Suso Sáiz:
  • Odisea
  • Rainworks
  • Nothing is Objective (my favorite)
I would also HIGHLY recommend Música Esporádica, a collaborative effort by six American and Spanish ambient artists.

Just a start!

Seeing these are pressed at Pallas too. Just spun Outro Tempo and it sounds fantastic.

I'll check out the ones above...I have listened to Musica Esporadica before...very cool!

View attachment 38513

What was the pressing quality like for the Manics debut on white vinyl you got..couple on eBay at the moment

It was really good. I’m very happy with it. Very hopeful for Know Your Enemy too, it’s a MOV pressing and it was only £14.50 on amazon marketplace!
Good buy that ..becoming a bit scarce now.. recent interview suggests that might get a reissue next as some kind of alternative double ..one album of rock and one of the poppier stuff as they originally intended

Good buy that ..becoming a bit scarce now.. recent interview suggests that might get a reissue next as some kind of alternative double ..one album of rock and one of the poppier stuff as they originally intended

It’s nice to have the album as released though, I’m really not a fan of revisionist reissues of albums, once they’re out they’re out lol! That said if they do reissue it I’ll probably buy the new one too because it’s different 🤦🏻

Back