Fresh Grabs

I had to refresh my stocks in order to survive quarantine. I also to support my local RS, and not the big companies. The store owner was kind enough to bring the records to my house, so I didn't have to go out to get them.

IMG_20200319_072244.jpg

V.A. - We out here

Star Band de Dakar - S.T.
This one was suggested to me by the store owner. It is a 70s band from Senegal who mixed Cuban music with the psychedelia of those years. It kicks ass, give it a listen if you haven't already.

Hadn't been home for a couple of weeks so and I had a big stack of preorders and online purchases that I arrived to:

Spiritual Jazz - Esoteric, Modal And Deep Jazz From The Underground 1968-77 (Jazzman, 2019 Compilation)
Spiritual Jazz 10 - Prestige (Jazzman, 2019 Compilation)
George Otsuka Quintet - Physical Structure (Three Blind Mice / Le Tres Jazz Club, 2019 Pressing)
Hozan Yamamoto With Sharps & Flats - Beautiful Bamboo-Flute (Mr Bongo, 2019 Pressing)
Makoto Terashita - Great Harvest (Le Tres Jazz Club, 2019 Pressing)
Pete La Roca - Basra (Blue Note, 2020 BN80 Pressing)
Matthew Halsall - Colour Yes (Gondwana Records, 2019 Pressing)

This stack was part of the Music Magpie sale which @Mr Moore linked a while ago, so cheers for that buddy.

IMG_4920.JPG

Patrice Rushen - Straight From The Heart (Strut, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow (Geffen Records, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)
John Moreland - LP5 (Old Omens, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Horace Tapscott Quintet - The Giant Is Awakened (Real Gone Music, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

Some Vinyl Me Please goodness.

IMG_4921.JPG

The Nat Birchall Quartet - The Storyteller - A Musical Tribute To Yusef Lateef (Jazzman, 2019 Pressing)
Alabaster DePlume - To Cy & Lee: Instrumentals Vol. 1 (International Anthem Recording Company / Total Refreshment Centre, 2020 Coloured Pressing)
Gil Evans And His Orchestra - There Comes A Time (RCA, 1976 First Pressing)
Ronald Shannon Jackson And The Decoding Society - Decode Yourself (Island Records, 1985 First Pressing)
Terumasa Hino - Taro's Mood (Enja Records, 1973 First Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks (CBS, 1975 First UK Pressing)

A mix of stuff here. I bought the Terumasa Hino and Bob Dylan from the same seller and he threw in Gil Evans and Ronald Shannon Jackson records which was nice. LOVING the Dylan, maybe my favourite album of his.

IMG_4922.JPG

The Raconteurs ‎– Live In Tulsa (Third Man Records, 2020 Vault Package No. 43)
My final Vault package for a while. Its a great service but pretty pricy for internationals.

IMG_4923.JPG

Tony Allen & Hugh Masekela - Rejoice
The Black Keys - Brothers
Art Blakey - Buhaina's Delight
Keith Jarrett - Munich 2016

My local in Oslo has closed down, physically at least, but was offering free home shipping for a day. When buying records feels like a humanitarian duty, you just have to 😊 Mostly some great jazz and one of the best Black Keys. Really looking forward to checking out the Tony Allen/Hugh Masekela. Got some polylined 7" sleeves to protect my African 7s better.

20200323_135522.jpg

How is that Faces boot? I bought one a while ago and had to return due to how poorly cut it was and the mix was so quiet I could barely hear the music at max volume
Really good actually. I've been impressed with these Mac boots. These have a 2018 stamp on back but were on pre order for ages and kept getting delayed so I think freshly pressed

HMV & Amazon Japan deliveries. Thank you customs to remind me to limit my purchases from HMV, they really hit hard every time. Thankfully there was a coupon deal and I saved 20 to 25% on each item. The last two I ordered from Amazon.

Various ‎– Spiritual Jazz Vol.8 Japan: Part One
Various ‎– Spiritual Jazz Vol.8 Japan: Part Two
Ryo Fukui ‎– Mellow Dream
Ryo Fukui ‎– My Favorite Tune
Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio ‎– Speak Low
Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio ‎– Live at Jazz Is

1584974370830.png

More Japanese jazz, this time modern Jazz with the first release of T5Jazz Japanese label. I have the other three on my way shipped by the label owner. Then some Dodax deal with Pink Floyd, Herbie Hancock BN80 reissue, Joe Henderson feat Alice Coltrane and N&G and WBC AoTMs.

Shinpei Ruike & RS5pb ‎– UNDA
Pink Floyd ‎– The Endless River
Joe Henderson Featuring Alice Coltrane ‎– The Elements
X-Ray Spex ‎– Germfree Adolescents (N&G AOTM if you don't know)
Herbie Hancock ‎– Takin' Off
Laura Llorens and The Shadows Of Love ‎– Home / Chez Moi

1584974398817.png

Support your local record shop! Balades Sonores in Paris are offering a Mystey Bag deal during this Covid-19-lockdown situation. I bought one and they nailed it. They nailed it so much that I already had 2 of the 6 records the picked for me. I don't know who nor what is Thomas Mery but I had the last three under my radar. Canciones Del Perú is a compilation curated by Vincent Moon (the guy behind National's movie A Skin, A night movie). Sachiko Kanenobu's album is part of Light in the Attic Japan Archival Serie and Golden Hands was released by Belgian label SdBan (I've been collecting a lot of their records, mainly from their Belgian jazz sub label SdBan Ultra.) So yeah, they nailed it. They added a book, a DVD, a t-shirt and a ceramic piece. All this for 150€.

Various ‎– Chansons Du Pérou / Canciones Del Perú
The Real ShooBeeDoo ‎– Reminiscing
The Comet Is Coming ‎– Afterlife
Sachiko Kanenobu ‎– Misora
Golden Hands ‎– Golden Hands
Vincent Maston - Germain dans le Métro
Alejandro Jodorowsky - Fandp y Lis

1584974432257.png

Finally, Alfa Mist new EP and the first 5 CD releases of Japanese jazz label Days of Delight with new albums from 70's J-Jazz legends Kozuke Mine or Hidefumi Toki.

Thomas Mery - Des Larmes Mélangées De Poussière 10''
Alfa Mist ‎– On My Ones 10''
+
Eiji Toki - Black Eyes
Kosuke Mine - Bamboo Grove
Days of Delight Quintet - 1969
Hidefumi Toki + Mayuko Katakura - After Dark
Takashi Sugawa's Banksia Trio - Time Remembered

1584974475605.png

Back