Fresh Grabs

An incredibly special fresh grab post.

This community continues to floor me. The kindest most caring people exist on this forum. I had been unsuccessful in my attempts to obtain my #1 rsd want; Bill Evans In England. Flipper prices are high on this title so I wrote it off as not going to own.

I had a rough week last week and a few kind friends on here took notice.

This arrived today. Totally unexpected.

View attachment 2245

@EmeryRK and @marshall - you are two extremely kind souls. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

And thank you to @mcherry @David A. @AnthonyI @Captainfog and everyone else who made N&G happen and refusing to let this amazing community die.

👊✊🏻👊
Absolutely beautiful. I swear y'all are the best people on the internet. Amen to all those who made this new forum happen.

Went to a local record store I hadn't been to yet to see what kind of jazz they had to offer and hopefully the Psychotic Reaction 45 I will probably end up having to buy online. Came back with a couple nice Original Jazz Classics reissues and the 1973 reissue of the first two Floyd albums as the A Nice Pair 2LP. As long as it sounds good, I can stop my ongoing indecision in buying the RSD mono Editions on ebay!

This community continues to floor me. The kindest most caring people exist on this forum. I had been unsuccessful in my attempts to obtain my #1 rsd want; Bill Evans In England. Flipper prices are high on this title so I wrote it off as not going to own.

View attachment 2245

@EmeryRK and @marshall - you are two extremely kind souls. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

And thank you to @mcherry @David A. @AnthonyI @Captainfog and everyone else who made N&G happen and refusing to let this amazing community die.

👊✊🏻👊
THAT is what this community is all about. Absolutely NUTS! I’m really happy for you and even happier for the kind souls that provided the record. @EmeryRK and @marshall are true gentlemen.

Not long ago @craigdino and @marshall did something just as nice for me. Got me a very coveted record out of the blue and just because they were nice people and cared. Probably just got tired of me bumping an old thread. ;)

Herbie Hancock Takin' Off - BN80
Dexter Gordon Doin' Allright - BN80

View attachment 2162

I was in Boston this week for my daughter's college graduation. Found a great local - Village Vinyl & Hi-Fi near the apartment we rented. They had one of the most extensive used jazz sections I've come across in a loooong time. Very chill and they gave me some sweet deals. So nice, I went back twice!

John Coltrane Live at Birdland - '68 Stereo
John Coltrane My Favorite Things - '61 Stereo

View attachment 2166

Wayne Shorter Speak No Evil - '08 (via discogs)
John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman - '80 MCA Records Japanese Press

View attachment 2168

Ike Quebec Swing Hi, Swing Low - '69 BN Liberty (via eBay on forum rec)
Stanley Turrentine w/ the 3 Sounds Blue Hour - '68 BN Liberty

View attachment 2169

View attachment 2245

👊✊🏻👊
Went to a local record store I hadn't been to yet to see what kind of jazz they had to offer and hopefully the Psychotic Reaction 45 I will probably end up having to buy online. Came back with a couple nice Original Jazz Classics reissues and the 1973 reissue of the first two Floyd albums as the A Nice Pair 2LP. As long as it sounds good, I can stop my ongoing indecision in buying the RSD mono Editions on ebay!
View attachment 2259
View attachment 2260
I'm excited to get in to my first taste of 70s Japanese reissues. I was encouraged by what I read about them on the old Blue Note forum and I'm delighted with the condition of these, can't wait to give em a spin

View attachment 2302

You guys are killing it with the jazz hauls guys, im very jealous!!

Im hoping to get home tonight to find a parcel with a jazz record I have been after for ages, fingers crossed!

The Move magazine.

A nice easy read which is pretty informative but not to stuffy with plenty of not too serious content, akin to the golden NME era and 'Jockey Slut' magazine if anyone read that?

Previous cover stars have been, Yazmin Lacey / Fatima / Tenderlonious / T williams / Yussef Kamaal.

This issue has an article about Jazzman records.
Looking forward to reading it on my week off next week.👍

I'm excited to get in to my first taste of 70s Japanese reissues. I was encouraged by what I read about them on the old Blue Note forum and I'm delighted with the condition of these, can't wait to give em a spin

View attachment 2302
Let us know how they sound! I have one or two Japanese reissues but don’t think I have any Blue Notes. Always intrigued but it’s yet another rabbit hole for me to go down so up until now I have resisted. You grab them on discogs or eBay?

Let us know how they sound! I have one or two Japanese reissues but don’t think I have any Blue Notes. Always intrigued but it’s yet another rabbit hole for me to go down so up until now I have resisted. You grab them on discogs or eBay?
I will certainly report back. I got them on discogs, the Blue Notes from one seller and the Coltrane from another, they both arrived today. I feel like it may definitely be a rabbit hole I go way down, if the audio quality is good it seems like a (relatively) affordable one.

My 1977 Japanese King press of Maiden Voyage is absolutely sublime. They come highly recommended from me.

I’d have more but I keep losing on eBay auctions for them. Have lost on 3 or 4 Moanin’ presses and a few Shorter albums too.

My wonderful friend @phramenma did all my RSD shopping for me this year as I was on holiday. I couldn’t ask for better friends when y’all look out for one another this way. Thank you @phramenma and thanks for packing them so carefully.

9F44C6B6-EC3B-463C-B7FD-8999C01BC447.jpeg

8EEED535-5AFE-41CB-B112-FDD04ED85252.jpeg

3FA7BF79-189D-4941-BA94-1154429162F3.jpeg

Anthology landed, looks good, no visible blemishes and packaged considerately too. Delighted VMP are reprinting the Dexter sleeve.

BC837506-6381-4452-8D21-A79C5CD4FEF3.jpeg

And one in from Amazon. With the new project around the corner I figured I’d get the old one to keep me going.

B10E9097-4FBE-41D8-81FF-8149426119A2.jpeg

Finally got my Stereolab Mars Audiac Quintet 3xLP reissue complete with stamped and numbered strip from the original 2" master tapes. Only 40 copies were made so I think it's one of my more rare pressings. Just spinning it now and the mastering and pressing is really fantastic.

IMG_8991.jpg

Back