Fresh Grabs

Adele Sebastian - Desert Fairy Princess (Pure Pleasure 2019 reissue).

I picked this up blind, but saw Pure Pleasure and knew it was worth it. Still sealed in perfect condition, it cost me the staggering sum of....£11.05. Worth it.

View attachment 1906

It's a staggeringly good album. Adele played in Horace Tapscott's Pan Afrikan People's Arkestra. She tragically died of an illness in her late '20s. Beautiful album though and the price you paid is a steal.

Pretty exciting mail day today. I found a (relatively) reasonably priced copy of Brightblack Morning Lights self-titled “breakthrough” record it even came with the “rainspectrum” glasses. Brightblack Morning Light sounds like a puff of swirling bong smoke looks. It’s a record that Initially I didn’t have time for but over the years have grown into quite a bit.

The second album is a Mr. Bongo reissue of a bad ass 1970’s funk record from the band the Skull Snaps. These albums will be enjoyed and cherished in their new home.
Through the rainspetrum lenses...

View attachment 1948

Pretty exciting mail day today. I found a (relatively) reasonably priced copy of Brightblack Morning Lights self-titled “breakthrough” record it even came with the “rainspectrum” glasses. Brightblack Morning Light sounds like a puff of swirling bong smoke looks. It’s a record that Initially I didn’t have time for but over the years have grown into quite a bit.

The second album is a Mr. Bongo reissue of a bad ass 1970’s funk record from the band the Skull Snaps. These albums will be enjoyed and cherished in their new home.
View attachment 1950

That Skull Snaps is a great album. 'It's a New Day' is sampled in soooo many tunes.
Interesting cover image for a funk album too!

Adele Sebastian - Desert Fairy Princess (Pure Pleasure 2019 reissue).

I picked this up blind, but saw Pure Pleasure and knew it was worth it. Still sealed in perfect condition, it cost me the staggering sum of....£11.05. Worth it.

View attachment 1906

Cracking album....where did you get it so cheap? Asking for a friend...

An interesting one for you Jazz heads. I recently picked up a couple of Cal Tjader rarities at a carboot. I was super impressed by them and looked on ebay to see what else I could find and ended up bidding on a test pressing (I was the only person to bid and ended up winning it for £3 - £7.50 inc postage). It arrived today and its pretty cool, especially considering the date isn't known on discogs or any other website I could find (eil.com had it listed as mid 60's), but on the TP it clearly states '30th Jan 1969'. Anyway, thought it was quite interesting;

Cal Tjader - The Exotic Sounds of Cal Tjader (30th Jan 1969 Test Pressing)

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2826.JPGIMG_2828.jpgIMG_2829.jpg

New stuff:

814880F5-388A-472C-8583-B568A2CCF645.jpeg

Thanks @HiFi Guy @displayname @Joe Mac and @Ed Selley for your advice way back. Before my bonus completely frittered away on software I figured I’d best take the plunge on my hardware. I went for the Ultraphono in the end. I’m holding off on new cans for the time being because I realised I can get the B&W P9s from my Virgin Pulse benefit through work, all just for walking. I should have enough points for them by end of next quarter so I’m sticking with my AKGs for now with some new pads on. Looking forward to setting it all up so Mrs Moore can watch Empire on the box while I spin away.

You spend most of a month isolated at a hospital, the groobs just start piling up. I think there’s some RSD leftovers in there. View attachment 2065

I little bird told me there might be a talking body in one of those boxes!

That actually sounds horrifying and not at all cute but I hope Robyn arrived safe and plz enjoy <3

I little bird told me there might be a talking body in one of those boxes!

That actually sounds horrifying and not at all cute but I hope Robyn arrived safe and plz enjoy <3
I heart you, you lil weirdo. Thanks for grabbing that for me. I’ll find it and get that spinning soon!

View attachment 1948

View attachment 1950

That Brightblack record is so great! Chill to the point of being flatlined, almost, but I love it so much. I wish Matador would press it again because I myself have NOT found an affordable copy

Gonna wait until I receive my turntable back to spin these new ones. Ike Quebec is the Analogue Productions 45rpm and Wayne Shorter is the Music Matters 45rpm. Hopefully tomorrow.
UaFrFIi.jpg

Back