Fresh Grabs

View attachment 2524

My Ok Go vinyl arrived last week, after spending three weeks in Germany because international shipping makes no sense at all. The golden Oh No looks gorgeous.
And one of the albums I've wanted my whole life to have it on vinyl: Haunted, by Poe. It sounds AMAZING.
But:
As Books-a-million doesn't send stuff to Argentina, I had to send it to the house of a friend of a friend who lives in NY and came this week to Argentina for holidays. So he bring the vinyl to me and.. I HAVE TWO DISC 1.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
It's already sold out so fuuuuuuuuuuuuck how can I be so unlucky!?
RE: Poe - Have you played it to double check that it's not just the labels that are Disc 1 and not the actual music?
The BAM! stores near me are still showing stock so if you find out that it is indeed a duplicate, we can work something out. Also, might be worth e-mailing them about the situation before going my route. 🤠

Reloaded the wall with recent grooves. Now playing (Turtle - Human), middle row, and bottom right are all from a big Beatnik Creative order. They're a great electronic pop label out of London. Turtle's Who Knows EP is my favorite from the label. I wish I could afford to buy everything they put out but went with a few favorites I've had my eye on. Most of the others were shared on the preorder thread. 🍻 Amon Tobin is new to me and the music is beautiful. Excited to drop the needle on all of these over the long weekend.

20190525_120917.jpg

Attachments

• 20190525_120917.jpg
    20190525_120917.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 0
Still can’t believe I scored this sealed for $63 shipped.
Unreal.
Spinning Ole now and these sound great.
2rbbLvr.jpg

Oh man I cant wait for this! Which version is this, the Joyful Noise exclusive? Its such a nice swirl! I went for the indie exclusive as I was too slow on the JN one.

It’s the VIP edition...and yeah I’m really happy with how the swirl came out

I don’t know what that is, but it sure is pretty

It’s Kishi Bashi’s new album (which, for anyone interested, is currently available to stream on NPR!)

Reloaded the wall with recent grooves. Now playing (Turtle - Human), middle row, and bottom right are all from a big Beatnik Creative order. They're a great electronic pop label out of London. Turtle's Who Knows EP is my favorite from the label. I wish I could afford to buy everything they put out but went with a few favorites I've had my eye on. Most of the others were shared on the preorder thread. 🍻 Amon Tobin is new to me and the music is beautiful. Excited to drop the needle on all of these over the long weekend.

View attachment 2566

I just got the red vinyl for that Jay Rock in the PIF thread and am really enjoying it. If you don't have much familiarity with Amon Tobin, hit up that early stuff like Permutations, Bricolage, and Supermodified. Also, go peep out some of the ISAM Live stuff on youtube. I caught that tour twice and it was crazy.

I took this photo the second time.

8022597223_e26d1dd0b0_c.jpg

RE: Poe - Have you played it to double check that it's not just the labels that are Disc 1 and not the actual music?
The BAM! stores near me are still showing stock so if you find out that it is indeed a duplicate, we can work something out. Also, might be worth e-mailing them about the situation before going my route. 🤠

Yeah, I was really expecting to be a mistake with the labels, but no, have two disc 1.
I sent them an email today. If by Monday I have no answer, can I DM you and see if we can arrange something? Thanx so much in advance!

2648Sorry if the pic is kind of off, gotta get Used to the new forum but anyways, picked this up at Goodwill and it’s called “Clarinet New Orleans Style” with Ray Burke and Pinky Vidacovich. Anyone have any info on this Release? I found the Discogs for it, but there’s no date of when it was released. Looked up this vinyl but only a CD with different Cover is shown for sale. Thanks in advance guys

I just got the red vinyl for that Jay Rock in the PIF thread and am really enjoying it. If you don't have much familiarity with Amon Tobin, hit up that early stuff like Permutations, Bricolage, and Supermodified. Also, go peep out some of the ISAM Live stuff on youtube. I caught that tour twice and it was crazy.

I took this photo the second time.

8022597223_e26d1dd0b0_c.jpg
Yeah, PIF thread made me check out UO's site for that Jay Rock and I grabbed it and Bas' Milky Way from the sale section. Both are really solid albums. Thanks for the further listening recommendations for Tobin, I'll definitely check those out.
I watched some of the ISAM Tour videos, that stage setup is fucking amazing. I've never seen projections like that, just beautiful. Seems like a show that would both be amazing to attend and photograph. I bet it was tough to capture such a dynamic show in photos. Your shot here looks great, nice one.

That ISAM setup reminds me of a Flying Lotus show where he performed behind a screen with projectors but on steroids with all the shapes and angles. Here's a shot I took at FlyLo's show in 2017, that screen made for a fantastic experience and was a fun challenge to photograph through.

20190525_200747.jpg

Still can’t believe I scored this sealed for $63 shipped.
Unreal.
Spinning Ole now and these sound great.
2rbbLvr.jpg
Bags & Trane is in there right? That and Ole are definitely my favorite of the bunch in there. Ole by itself is just EPIC. Makes me feel like I’m riding a camel across the Sahara desert underneath a full moon on my way to plunder a pharaohs tomb.

Bags & Trane is in there right? That and Ole are definitely my favorite of the bunch in there. Ole by itself is just EPIC. Makes me feel like I’m riding a camel across the Sahara desert underneath a full moon on my way to plunder a pharaohs tomb.
Yep, Giant Steps, Bags &Trane, Ole, Coltrane Plays The Blues, The Avant-Garde, & The Coltrane Legacy. It also has the 45rpm single version replica of “My Favorite Things” also.

It’s pretty nice.
Just threw on Bags and Trane. ✌

View attachment 1948

Pretty exciting mail day today. I found a (relatively) reasonably priced copy of Brightblack Morning Lights self-titled “breakthrough” record it even came with the “rainspectrum” glasses. Brightblack Morning Light sounds like a puff of swirling bong smoke looks. It’s a record that Initially I didn’t have time for but over the years have grown into quite a bit.

The second album is a Mr. Bongo reissue of a bad ass 1970’s funk record from the band the Skull Snaps. These albums will be enjoyed and cherished in their new home.
View attachment 1950
Through the rainspetrum lenses...

I'm interested in what you think about that Skull Snaps pressing. I'm tempted to get this new release as the reissue I have is a David Cheppa / Rainbo pressing - it sounds....merely OK. Not all that great, but not unlistenable.

I see that new one is a Optimal pressing cut by Stuart Hawkes...which would be an upgrade if it sounds good.

I have a feeling the new VMP "sampled" bundle would be this version.

Yeah, PIF thread made me check out UO's site for that Jay Rock and I grabbed it and Bas' Milky Way from the sale section. Both are really solid albums. Thanks for the further listening recommendations for Tobin, I'll definitely check those out.
I watched some of the ISAM Tour videos, that stage setup is fucking amazing. I've never seen projections like that, just beautiful. Seems like a show that would both be amazing to attend and photograph. I bet it was tough to capture such a dynamic show in photos. Your shot here looks great, nice one.

That ISAM setup reminds me of a Flying Lotus show where he performed behind a screen with projectors but on steroids with all the shapes and angles. Here's a shot I took at FlyLo's show in 2017, that screen made for a fantastic experience and was a fun challenge to photograph through.

View attachment 2662

This FlyLo shot is great, though. ISAM was weird to shoot, because it's like you're trying to photograph a movie. It almost looks too cool by itself, so you're not sure if you're really even photographing it, or it's... photographing YOU!!!! SPOOOOKY!!!

But, to pretend that I'm sober for a moment, it was weird to shoot. That little cube cockpit that he's stationed in goes opaque. I just took this shot when I did because I could see him in it and I knew it was about to fog out again. That projection mapping shit is a trip. They had it to where he could still improvise during the show and trigger it all live. I tried to turn a bunch of people onto it before he'd come through, because it didn't seem to be on anyone's radar out here. The ISAM 2.0 tour had a larger setup, but he had to move to a smaller venue and reduce it, because of low ticket sales. It's shameful.

Another Tobin project that is interesting is Foley Room. He has Kronos Quartet all over that one.

Back