Fresh Grabs

@joemac7

I followed your lead on using the VMP Anthology funds on some MOFI Dylan. Very very happy.

View attachment 1540

The monos too! I’m very impressed.

Out of those I only have Bringing it All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited as Mofi mono! My blonde on blonde is a MOV mono and my Another Side Of is a Sundazed mono!

I finally got my Mac DeMarco webstore Exclusive pressing on “transparent sea glass “ of his latest “Here Comes The Cowboy”. I have enjoyed this album (digitally) since it’s release and has shown itself to be a grower (not unlike most of Mac’s previous releases). It’s a great summer chill record. I think he has become a bit divisive as his career has progressed; his detractors either think of him as a unrepentant goofball and former fans wish he get back to being an unrepentant goofball but I appreciate how his sad clown songwriting has progressed over the years and while every album has an unmistakable “Mac vibe” they have evolved enough to warrant each new releases existence. Also, he announced at the show we recently attended that he was will soon be a father. I am interested to see how this huge life change will reflect on future releases. This isn’t my favorite Mac album but it’s very good nonetheless and will likely be in heavy rotation throughout the upcoming summer season.
CHOO! CHOO!

My Amazon Warehouse deal on the White Album showed up brand new sealed. Like most everyone else. For $40 it feels like I stole it. Picked up the Friday Night In San Francisco based on a recommendation in another thread. Wow! Sounds absolutely unbelievable.

New one on Melodies International and a Melodies International 7" I didn't have.
Great record label by Floating Points, I was a bit slow on the uptake but I'll happily pre order anything they put out now without question.

Gil finally decided to show up, and I picked up 40 MoFi sleeves
u6fJ8rn.jpg

...and thus it begins.

Also, how do people feel about the Tone Poet sleeves? Are they worth keeping?

Completely unrelated but awesome nonetheless—my 64 morel mushroom haul from last night. (With two friends)
qucKkyo.jpg

Gil finally decided to show up, and I picked up 40 MoFi sleeves
u6fJ8rn.jpg

...and thus it begins.

Also, how do people feel about the Tone Poet sleeves? Are they worth keeping?

Completely unrelated but awesome nonetheless—my 64 morel mushroom haul from last night. (With two friends)
qucKkyo.jpg

MMM morels! Freshest grabs ever!

View attachment 1624View attachment 1625

My first N&G PIF, in fact my first ever PIF. An incredibly generous jazz bundle from @Mr Moore

This Lee Morgan record is absolutely fantastic. Thank you Mick, you have blown me away with this parcel.
Cornbread is phenomenal. Can’t wait for the Tone Poet to land through my mail portal. Check out The Sidewinder and The Rumproller. Also check his work out in Moanin’ by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers. It’s sublime.

Back