Fresh Grabs

20240612_104321.jpg

From top left clockwise:
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah: Part One (4th World War)
L'impératrice - Pulsar
Amon Tobin - Permutation (reissue)
Haim - Days are gone
Blonde Redhead - La Mia Vita Violenta
The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

20240612_104217.jpg
De La Soul - De La Soul is Dead
Myrkur - Mareridt
Bob James - One
Gabor Szabo - High Contrast
Gabor Szabo - Magical Connection

20240612_104437.jpg
Some awesome PIFs courteous of @yukbon @mdmost
Thievery Corporation - Saudade
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain

Rock 'n' Roll Star! - both the cd box set and vinyl arrived yesterday. Love getting records early. The package is very nice and the vinyl sounds great. All the Bowie reissues since the Five Years box set have been some of the nicest pressed vinyl, very quiet and hardly a tick on them.
View attachment 205698
Still waiting on the vinyl but agree the cd box set is beautifully designed - love that foil cover - I am listening to every disc from conversation piece , width of a circle and divine symmetry as a build up to diving into Ziggy era - so it’s hunky dory era today to put me in prime Ziggy mood

This is now probably my coolest record. I ordered Drummer of Two Worlds a while ago and it kept getting hit with production delays. To make up for it they sent us a bonus Japanese only live LP that they never released (need to read more about this, but that's what they said in the email). For early preorders Okay agreed to personalize our jackets. For those who don't know him, he's a Turkish drummer who played with Don Cherry and is the only one from that time who's still alive. This album has been sampled on several hip-hop albums. To my surprise, what was delivered was not personalized to me, but the mix up is pretty damn cool and I can only hope that she now owns a record with my name on it.

IMG20240615103001.jpg

Last edited:
Back