Fresh Grabs

No RSD for me this year but I did pick up a few cool bits this week:

Us3 - Hand On The Torch (Blue Note, 1993 First UK Pressing)
Amalgam - Play Blackwell & Higgins (A Records, 1973 First Pressing)
Harold McNair - Flute & Nut (RCA International, 1970 First Pressing)
Bob Downes - No Time Like The Present (Vertigo, 1970 First Pressing)
Tommy Whittle With The Tony Kinsey Trio - Waxing With Whittle (Esquire, 1954 First 10" Pressing)

A great mixed bag. I have to admit that the 90's era of jazz is something I'm unfamiliar with but someone here posted an album buy Us3 a while ago and they now frequent my playlist. When this UK original of "Hand On The Torch" popped up I snagged it extra speedily! The rest are all classic British jazz releases with the Tommy Whittle being the prize of the bunch, the artwork alone is amazingly vintage!

IMG_0422.JPG

Happy Wrecka Stow Day!
Well, I spent too much today.
Good times though. Always nice to BS with fellow collectors about music and vinyl.
I got everything I wanted and then some.
Blessid Union - Walking off the buzz
Cranberries - Bury The hatchet
De la soul - Live at tramps
G.Love & special sauce - debut
Nas - Illmatic remixes
PM Dawn - Jesus wept
Public Enemy - revolverlution tour
Gil scott-heron - winter in America
Ducan sheik - debut
Westbound records comp
Dolores O'Riordan - are you listening
The HU - Glastonbury

Plus non special releases:
Midnight Star - no parking on the Dancefloor
Xzibit - 40 days & 40 nightz

I had given up on the Dolores O'Riordan album, since it was limited to 600 copies, most record stores only got one. But on my last stop, at the Exchange in Elyria, Oh, and they had a copy. They were as shocked as I was.
20240420_133808.jpg

Happy Wrecka Stow Day!
Well, I spent too much today.
Good times though. Always nice to BS with fellow collectors about music and vinyl.
I got everything I wanted and then some.
Blessid Union - Walking off the buzz
Cranberries - Bury The hatchet
De la soul - Live at tramps
G.Love & special sauce - debut
Nas - Illmatic remixes
PM Dawn - Jesus wept
Public Enemy - revolverlution tour
Gil scott-heron - winter in America
Ducan sheik - debut
Westbound records comp
Dolores O'Riordan - are you listening
The HU - Glastonbury

Plus non special releases:
Midnight Star - no parking on the Dancefloor
Xzibit - 40 days & 40 nightz

I had given up on the Dolores O'Riordan album, since it was limited to 600 copies, most record stores only got one. But on my last stop, at the Exchange in Elyria, Oh, and they had a copy. They were as shocked as I was.
View attachment 200804
I'm on the hunt for that Duncan Sheik - please lmk how it sounds once you spin it!

Look Iā€™m on hangover day two, Iā€™m not in the most observant of mind frames, it was a heavy weekendā€¦
I empathize. Stag parties for anyone over 40 requires at least 24 hours of bed rest combined 3000 calories of greasy food to even semi recover. Probably a full week until you feel normal.

I empathize. Stag parties for anyone over 40 requires at least 24 hours of bed rest combined 3000 calories of greasy food to even semi recover. Probably a full week until you feel normal.

When the three trays of shots appeared early on Saturday night in just resigned myself to pain šŸ˜‚

Back