Fresh Grabs

Picked this up for $1 today and figured I couldn't go wrong. Covers a lot of territory and the vinyl looks to be in VG+ shape or better--needs a cleaning but no noticeable marks. By today's standards it's a nice boxed set--polylined sleeves, 4 LP's, colored vinyl, and a full-size, 14-page booklet with brief essays on each artist along with black-and-white photos, like the full-page one below of Willie "the Lion" Smith. That being said, I'm sure it has little or no 'value' so I'll have to do my best to get my buck's worth!

View attachment 108196

View attachment 108188View attachment 108189View attachment 108190View attachment 108191View attachment 108195
Fantastic find! There is a whole series of these that focus on different aspects of jazz, but I rarely see them with all of the extras that yours have. Cant go wrong for a $1 :ROFLMAO:

So, today was a pretty good day.

A friend of mine got me these for my birthday from Amazon. The box was completely squashed, of course, but fortunately all the records were in their own mailers. The book got a crease along the back but it can be straighten pretty good.

IMG_4582.JPG

My Acoustic Sounds order so i could get the replacement Miles Davis UHQR disc (white sleeve).

IMG_4588.JPG

And finally my last pickup from RSD (unless i find Roy Brooks) from Jazz Messengers.

IMG_4589.JPG

That Billie is one of my favorite records I own, absolutely superb sound. Have had that Ella in my cart for ages waiting for it to come back in stock, pulling the trigger on it shortly. Let me know how it sounds! The Doors is of course, wonderful as well.
I'm really looking forward to listening to all three...and hopefully a better experience with Kind Of Blue UHQR then the first time around haha

With an opening song like this, Ella could make even a GZ pressing sound amazing so i can only imagine how incredible the AP45 is...

That Billie is one of my favorite records I own, absolutely superb sound. Have had that Ella in my cart for ages waiting for it to come back in stock, pulling the trigger on it shortly. Let me know how it sounds! The Doors is of course, wonderful as well.
Do you guys think Chad will do a 33 on this one or best to grab it now ?

Same here. And they are not the best at communicating what the heck is going on.
Oh I got a response after emailing them awhile ago ….

Apparently there was a colored pellet mixup at the pressing plant. Expecting soon but waiting on a more precise timeframe from ATO Records. As soon as we have will get its on its way to you.

Funny Story. Me and my family were not at home yesterday, we were gone to visit "Le Chateau de Versailles". Any way, here is what I found lying outside my door when we got back. I have no idea who put that there.

The cover is VG, the record is NM. Music is actually very good. Ok, so take a look at its discogs... 😵

5hyE29hO.jpg

Zziz-vQZ.jpg

Back