View attachment 103773
Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
Curtis Amy - Katanga!
Kenny Dorham -
Quiet Kenny
View attachment 103782

The National - Cherry Tree Vol. 3
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
VA - The Land Of Sensations & Delights: The Psych Pop Sounds Of White Whale Records 1965-1970
Tom Petty &The Heartbreakers - She’s The One
Sonic Youth - SYR 1: Anagrama
Jonathan Richman -
Having A Party With Jonathan Richman

Too much stuff to go into too much detail. I added some nice Jazz titles; the Miles is the Ryan Smith cut Mono RTI pressing and from what I’ve read, outside of the MoFi, recent AP UHQR, or a Quality Original pressing, this is probably one of the best (and affordable) reissues on the market. Curtis Amy is a terrific reissue that I would be completely ignorant to if not for the remarkable curation of the Tone Poet series, and Quiet Kenny is the Craft RSD Day Mono reissue.

All of the bottom photo LPs were recent mail orders outside of last years RSD White Whale Comp which was a PIF from the generous @lonestarlahr . Thanks!
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart is such a killer album.

Aww yeah. Stoked I saw your post. Was able to grab one of the last three copies on their bandcamp store. Hadn't heard of the repress!

Last edited:
Ok, deep breath.....

Cool Music For A Hot Night (Tempo Records, 1957 First Mono Pressing)
Michael Garrick Septet - Black Marigolds (Tempo Records, 1966 First Mono Pressing)
Ian Carr with Nucleus - Labyrinth (Vertigo, 1973 First Pressing)
Nucleus - Under The Sun (Vertigo, 1974 First Pressing)

Some killer British jazz records that arrived a few days ago. I never thought I would own the Tempo or Argo so I am thrilled with them. They are both really difficult to find for a decent price so I feel really lucky. The 2 Nucleus were add-ons to the Michael Garrick. Really fantastic set of music across these 4!

IMG_2511.JPG

Guy Warren Of Ghana - Afro-Jazz (Columbia Lansdowne, 1969 First Test Pressing)

This is a mega rarity which I still cant believe I was able to get. The standard pressing is really hard to find and I imagine there would have only been a couple of these single-sided test pressings created. The session is absolutely killer and, annoyingly, there are only a few tracks from it on youtube. The line-up is insane with Guy Warren, Don Rendell, Ian Carr, Michael Garrick, Amancio D'Silva, etc.

IMG_2512.JPG

The Art Pepper Quartet - S/T (Tampa/London Records, 1957 First UK 10" Mono Pressing)
The Modern Jazz Quartet - MJQ (Prestige/Esquire, 1958 First UK 10" Pressing)
Gerry Mulligan Quartet - Volume 1 (Pacific Jazz/Vogue Records, 1953 First UK 10" Pressing)

These were a single bundle but I really wanted the Art Pepper. It's a killer session that I have streamed a lot in the past, but tends to go for a lot of money so I have never bought a copy. I lost out on a copy a while ago that went for over £100 on ebay. I ended up getting these 3 for £30. They were really dirty and the clean-up job looks really impressive when comparing a before/after, but really it was just a wet rag for the sleeves and a spin on the record cleaner for the discs.

IMG_2509.JPG

The National - Cherry Tree Vol. 3 (Cherry Tree, 2021 Members Exclusive)

Another great yearly set from The National. I really like the poster/print, looks fantastic! I do wish they would use lined inners though instead of the paper ones, my copy was absolutely covered in loose bits.

IMG_2510.JPG

Wes Montgomery - Back On Indiana Avenue: The Carroll DeCamp Recordings (Resonance Records, 2019 Limited Pressing)
Ron Carter - Golden Striker: Live At Theaterstübchen, Kassel (In+Out Records, 2021 RSD Limited Signed Pressing)
Sun Ra - Lanquidity (Strut, 2021 Deluxe Box Set)

The Wes Montgomery was a fantastic buy that cost just £7.50! I love the albums that Resonance has put out so im sure this will be fantastic. The Ron Carter came direct from the label and is no 1995/1999. Finally, the delayed Sun Ra box set. I havent dug in properly yet but it looks great, with 4lp's in 2 jackets, plus a booklet, all in the reflective/mirrored box.

IMG_2507.JPG

Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises (Luaka Bop, 2021 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Sons Of Kemet - Black To The Future (Impulse Records!, 2021 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Immanuel Wilkins - Omega (Blue Note, 2021 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

A bunch of VMP pressings came this week. I am still waiting on the Dorothy Ashby but im certainly happy with this set for now. Some fantastic contemporary jazz!

IMG_2506.JPG

Prestige Jazz Sampler (Prestige Records, 1988 First Compilation Pressing)
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Visions Of The Emerald Beyond (CBS/Columbia, 1975 First European Pressing)
Queen - Greatest Hits (EMI, 1980 First UK Pressing)
The Oscar Peterson Trio - We Get Requests (Verve Records, 1965 First UK Mono Pressing)
The Oscar Peterson Trio With Milt Jackson - Very Tall (Verve Records, 1962 First UK Mono Pressing)
Herbie Hancock - Rockit (CBS, 1983 First 7" Pressing)

Another carboot haul. I picked up the Queen Greatest Hits in case anyone on the PIF thread wanted it. I seem to remember someone mentioning it a while ago but might be imagining it. Anyway, if anyone wants it in Europe, hit me up and I can get it sent out.

IMG_2508.JPG

Downbeat Bundle
Organic Music Societies by by Lawrence Kumpf (Blank Forms Editions, 2021)

I bought the Downbeat bundle as I love reading them and they were about £2 each. The cool part is that one is signed by drummer Elvin Jones and his wife, Kimiko. Its also signed by someone else which COULD be Art Blakey but I cant seem to work it out for certain. The Organic Music Society is thicker than a brick and contains a ton of articles, interviews, artwork, photos, etc of Don Cherry and the work he did with his wife.

IMG_2514.jpg

Finally this huge original poster from Miles Davis' 1983 gig in Paris. The colours on this are amazing, they really pop.

IMG_2398.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, deep breath.....

Michael Garrick Septet - Black Marigolds (Tempo Records, 1966 First Mono Pressing)

Some killer British jazz records that arrived a few days ago. I never thought I would own the 2 Tempo's so I am thrilled with them. They are both really difficult to find for a decent price so I feel really lucky. The 2 Nucleus were add-ons to the Michael Garrick. Really fantastic set of music across these 4!

View attachment 103868

This is a mega rarity which I still cant believe I was able to get. The standard pressing is really hard to find and I imagine there would have only been a couple of these single-sided test pressings created. The session is absolutely killer and, annoyingly, there are only a few tracks from it on youtube. The line-up is insane with Guy Warren, Don Rendell, Ian Carr, Michael Garrick, Amancio D'Silva, etc.

View attachment 103870

The Art Pepper Quartet - S/T (Tampa/London Records, 1957 First UK 10" Mono Pressing)
Gerry Mulligan Quartet - Volume 1 (Pacific Jazz/Vogue Records, 1953 First UK 10" Pressing)

These were a single bundle but I really wanted the Art Pepper. It's a killer session that I have streamed a lot in the past, but tends to go for a lot of money so I have never bought a copy. I lost out on a copy a while ago that went for over £100 on ebay. I ended up getting these 3 for £30. They were really dirty and the clean-up job looks really impressive when comparing a before/after, but really it was just a wet rag for the sleeves and a spin on the record cleaner for the discs.

View attachment 103871

Another great yearly set from The National. I really like the poster/print, looks fantastic! I do wish they would use lined inners though instead of the paper ones, my copy was absolutely covered in loose bits.

View attachment 103872

Wes Montgomery - Back On Indiana Avenue: The Carroll DeCamp Recordings (Resonance Records, 2019 Limited Pressing)
Ron Carter - Golden Striker: Live At Theaterstübchen, Kassel (In+Out Records, 2021 RSD Limited Signed Pressing)

The Wes Montgomery was a fantastic buy that cost just £7.50! I love the albums that Resonance has put out so im sure this will be fantastic. The Ron Carter came direct from the label and is no 1995/1999. Finally, the delayed Sun Ra box set. I havent dug in properly yet but it looks great, with 4lp's in 2 jackets, plus a booklet, all in the reflective/mirrored box.

View attachment 103873

Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises (Luaka Bop, 2021 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Sons Of Kemet - Black To The Future (Impulse Records!, 2021 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

A bunch of VMP pressings came this week. I am still waiting on the Dorothy Ashby but im certainly happy with this set for now. Some fantastic contemporary jazz!

View attachment 103875

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Visions Of The Emerald Beyond (CBS/Columbia, 1975 First European Pressing)
The Oscar Peterson Trio - We Get Requests (Verve Records, 1965 First UK Mono Pressing)
The Oscar Peterson Trio With Milt Jackson - Very Tall (Verve Records, 1962 First UK Mono Pressing)

Another carboot haul. I picked up the Queen Greatest Hits in case anyone on the PIF thread wanted it. I seem to remember someone mentioning it a while ago but might be imagining it. Anyway, if anyone wants it in Europe, hit me up and I can get it sent out.

View attachment 103876

Downbeat Bundle

I bought the Downbeat bundle as I love reading them and they were about £2 each. The cool part is that one is signed by drummer Elvin Jones and his wife, Kimiko. Its also signed by someone else which COULD be Art Blakey but I cant seem to work it out for certain. The Organic Music Society is thicker than a brick and contains a ton of articles, interviews, artwork, photos, etc of Don Cherry and the work he did with his wife.

View attachment 103877

Finally this huge original poster from Miles Davis' 1983 gig in Paris. The colours on this are amazing, they really pop.

View attachment 103878
Hot damn!

Ok, deep breath.....

Some killer British jazz records that arrived a few days ago. I never thought I would own the 2 Tempo's so I am thrilled with them. They are both really difficult to find for a decent price so I feel really lucky. The 2 Nucleus were add-ons to the Michael Garrick. Really fantastic set of music across these 4!

View attachment 103868

View attachment 103870

View attachment 103871

View attachment 103872

View attachment 103873

View attachment 103875

View attachment 103876

Downbeat Bundle

View attachment 103877

View attachment 103878
Also that Lanquidity is SHINY!

Ok, deep breath.....

View attachment 103868

View attachment 103870

View attachment 103871

View attachment 103872

View attachment 103873

View attachment 103875

View attachment 103876

Downbeat Bundle

View attachment 103877

View attachment 103878
I'm sorry @Selaws but there is NO appropriate Emoji to express my admiration for your post...

my melvins preorders came in....along with two amazon warehouse gambles, tom ze and throbbing gristle. TG has a split sleeve, but for $13, can't really complain. Tom has a bit of cover crushing but was still sealed....
View attachment 103895

Aside to anyone else who bought Melvins' (a) senile animal that there's a misprint on the entire color run, tracks A2 and D2 are the same. ::sad trombone::

View attachment 103951View attachment 103952
Tyler Childers- Purgatory Walmart Orange Vinyl Exclusive
Kevin Devine - No One’s Waiting Up For Me Tonight EP Oreo Vinyl
Vincent Neil Emerson -S/T Indie Exclusive With Bonus Flexi/500
Early James- Singing For My Supper
Mandolin Orange - This Side of Jordan
I haven't listened to Early James before, but I after listening to the Jerry Garcia Band version of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down on the new vault release last week, I started reading about the song cause the lyrics always bothered me and saw that Early changed the lyrics to address the latent racism in the song. Even if it really is only about poor white southerners, defenses of the song were too close to the "but my heritage" rhetoric for me. So I was happy to see he was addressing it in his version.

1-2-3-4Go! had been advertising a big used lot they got so I finally made my round to the shop. Maybe the good stuff had just been picked over, but it was just overpriced central. Seems to be the case with the majority of used vinyl selections for uncommon albums. The exception being those shops that specialize in used vinyl and know how to price accurately and competitively. I know a few but none in Oakland. Anyway their "new" section is killer as always, I picked up some new selections while I was there.
IMG_1319.JPG
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
The Walkmen - Heaven
Galaxie 500 - On Fire
Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave

Last edited:
No idea where to post this, but I got the deluxe edition of Lucy Dacus - Home Video the other day and my version of the note from Lucy looks like this:

Gcahegc.png

No idea where to post this, but I got the deluxe edition of Lucy Dacus - Home Video the other day and my version of the note from Lucy looks like this:

Gcahegc.png
I’m definitely more jealous of that one than the one on Discogs. Can’t for the life of me figure out why they did 500 deluxe with half having the note but alas, nice bonus for sure. Also can’t believe I’m still bitter over it to the point of maybe selling my deluxe.

Last edited:
I've been Skalaping a bit in the last weeks and huge deliveries are landing. This one comes directly from Portugal and is a Mad About Records bundle full of of Brazilian, jazzy and funk music. As usual, I can't comment on sourcing but believe these are most of the times vinyl rips.

Various ‎– Disco É Cultura
João Negrão ‎– Asfalto Selvagem - Trilha Sonora Do Filme
Gelson Oliveira & Luiz Ewerling ‎– Terra
Mandala ‎– Mandala
Kenny Mann With Liquid Pleasure ‎– Kenny Mann With Liquid Pleasure
Syndicate ‎– Conveyance
The Cult ‎– The Mail Must Go Through

More info on the Bandcamp. MAR is a Portuguese record label founded by Joaquim Paulo at the beginning of the last decade, specializing in re-releasing hard-to-find Jazz, Funk, Soul, Brazilian vinyl records. Joaquim Paulo has a book dedicated to Jazz Covers edited by brilliant German book company Taschen.

IMG_20210628_103142.jpgIMG_20210628_103224.jpg

Last edited:
Back