Fresh Grabs

0608211800~2.jpg

Well, there goes the wholes in my Dylan collection!

Dylan Mono Boxset.
Think I threw my back out picking up this brick!

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W. (silver indie exclusive pressing).
I receive their latest album a day prior to the preorder of their next album.
Ahhhhh, life with Gizz...

Spuritualized - Pure Phase (2xLP GITD pressing).
Sounds really good given the variant, except for the inch long scratch over the entire track 1 on side A. :(

View attachment 101940

Well, there goes the wholes in my Dylan collection!

Dylan Mono Boxset.
Think I threw my back out picking up this brick!

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W. (silver indie exclusive pressing).
I receive their latest album a day prior to the preorder of their next album.
Ahhhhh, life with Gizz...

Spuritualized - Pure Phase (2xLP GITD pressing).
Sounds really good given the variant, except for the inch long scratch over the entire track 1 on side A. :(
Great grabs. Is your Dylan box numbered?

Does it play fine though?
They labeled record 1 as "disc 1 sides 1 and 2" and record 2 as "disc 2 sides 1 and 2". Though neither says Disc 1 or Disc 2, if that makes sense. Labels look correct and track lengths on each record are different. Haven't spun it yet though. But I think it's correct. Fingers crossed.

I realize this response is probably really confusing.

Got around to ordering Fleet Foxes' Shore and added Crack Up to the order since I still needed a copy.

Funny occurrence. So I ordered straight from FFs online shop and they make a whole thing about "buyer beware" and if how if you dont get the more expensive shipment (ie not media mail) then they're not responsible for any damage in transit. Ok, but medial mail is already $6 and the next shipping tier was $22 to Vegas - pretty much another copy of Crack Up!

But you only YOLO once right? Plus I'd probably still complain of there was a problem and hope to get a sympathetic CS. Yet, I see a box for notes or additional instructions or whatever upon checkout. So I don't know if they'll pay any attention to it or follow it but I ask to have the records removed from the jacket for shipping.

Well they followed the note but...well, they took the records out of the (generic) black poly-lined inners and then put them back into the gatefold pockets bare. For both records. Luckily there were no splits and I could only laugh.

PXL_20210610_010203297.jpg

Got around to ordering Fleet Foxes' Shore and added Crack Up to the order since I still needed a copy.

Funny occurrence. So I ordered straight from FFs online shop and they make a whole thing about "buyer beware" and if how if you dont get the more expensive shipment (ie not media mail) then they're not responsible for any damage in transit. Ok, but medial mail is already $6 and the next shipping tier was $22 to Vegas - pretty much another copy of Crack Up!

But you only YOLO once right? Plus I'd probably still complain of there was a problem and hope to get a sympathetic CS. Yet, I see a box for notes or additional instructions or whatever upon checkout. So I don't know if they'll pay any attention to it or follow it but I ask to have the records removed from the jacket for shipping.

Well they followed the note but...well, they took the records out of the (generic) black poly-lined inners and then put them back into the gatefold pockets bare. For both records. Luckily there were no splits and I could only laugh.

View attachment 102062
You’d think they would have encountered such a request before, right? But whatever, they got there in one piece I suppose.

Back