Fresh Grabs

Pierre Tchana
Gnonnas Pedro - Les Femmes D'Abord
Jimmy Hyacinthe
Emma Ogosi - Nobody Knows

A quartet of late Friday arrivals courtesy of Superfly. Two from Benin (the first is with Poly-Rythmo as backing band), some Cote d'Ivoire funk, and Nigerian boogie. It bodes well for the weekend...

20210604_212419.jpg

Last edited:
Wildflower - Better Times (Tropic Of Love Music, 2021First Limited Pressing)
The Don Rendell / Ian Carr Quintet - Blue Beginnings (Jazz In Britain, 2021 Limited Pressing)
Oscar Peterson Trio, Lee Morgan, Jimmy Heath - Rare Broadcast Performances (Ozone, 1970 First Pressing)

A fantastic mix arrived over the past couple of days. The Don Rendell / Ian Carr is an absolute blinder, so so good. Fantastic job by @britprogjazz! The Wildflower is a limited splatter release from one of my favourite contemporary British groups. Finally, the Ozone album is an unofficial release but contains rare radio performances of fantastic musicians. I picked this up for less than a tenner which is fantastic considering I have seen them for £30+ in a shop in Central London.

IMG_1486.JPG

Anthology Of British Blues Volume 1 (Intermediate,1969 First Pressing)
Anthology Of British Blues Volume 2 (Intermediate,1969 First Pressing)
Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges - Back To Back: Duke Ellington And Johnny Hodges Play The Blues (His Master's Voice/Verve, 1959 First UK Mono Pressing)
Peggy Lee ‎– Black Coffee (Ace Of Hearts/Decca, 1961 UK Mono Pressing)
Erroll Garner ‎– Concert By The Sea (CBS, 1965 UK Mono Pressing)
Louis Armstrong - Jazz Classics (Brunswick, 1953 First Mono Pressing)
Wreckless Eric - Wreckless Eric (Stiff Records, 1978 First 10" Pressing)
Lester Young With The Oscar Peterson Trio - S/T (Columbia, 1955 First UK 10" Pressing)
The Bob Cooper Sextet - The Bob Cooper Sextet (Capitol Records, 1954 First UK 10" Mono Pressing)

Another carboot haul. I actually found the 2 Brit Blues Anthology's at a charity shop on my way back from the carboot, marked up for a quid each (2x 2LP sets). The rest are some fantastic jazz releases. I went from never hearing of Bob Cooper to finding 2 copies of this 10" in the space of a week. I also have a nicer copy of the Lester Young but thought it was worth the quid to have another copy to swap or something.

IMG_1490.JPG

Finally, a friend's parents were getting rid of their old records and I had a quick look through first. Ended up pulling out the Springsteen, a Chic 7" and a Funkadelic 7" before they made their way to the charity shop.

IMG_1487.JPG

Just streamed this for the first time this afternoon. Man, what an album and one I would have overlooked were it not for the Tone Poet series.

Believe I replayed “Native Land” three to four times and had an order in before it was all said and done.

Just streamed this for the first time this afternoon. Man, what an album and one I would have overlooked were it not for the Tone Poet series.

Believe I replayed “Native Land” three to four times and had an order in before it was all said and done.

Very inspired by Coltrane I would say wouldn't you ?

Bilbo is Denis Blackman .
Popped into a second hand record store yesterday.

The Hunky Dory sounds great, it's a UK 1980 pressing (Lacquer cut by someone called Bilbo)
Station to Station is a 1984 European (German) Pressing, looks in great shape, might have paid a little too much at £20 but looks very clean.
Rubber Soul, appears to be a late 1970's pressing. I can match it to just 1 entry on cogs, but the dead wax doesn't quite match what's listed, I think it might just need adding to the cogs entry.
The Duke Ellington is pretty beat up. I'll give it a clean, if it doesn't play nice, I might take it back and buy some more stuff. I couldn't see the vinyl clearly in the shop.

View attachment 101275

View attachment 101276

Back