Fresh Grabs

Got these in today....
A boom boom Forrest Gump
77968D2F-EAD1-41D9-B480-5281392B8772.jpeg

and say what you want about Port of Sounds, but I’ve had nothing but great luck finding out dated pressings...this one came sealed and still don’t know why it was in the wild this long. This will pair nicely to my pressing of Four that is also splattered and numbered

blues traveler -s/t ( splatter and numbered vinyl)
113ABBC5-EDF7-4FE6-890D-64F0272E6238.jpeg

View attachment 97075Fresh throw pillow boxset groob. New Peter Murphy set just arrived.
Hey I got mine today too! Can't find a Discogs entry for it yet, I always add what I get to my collection using the barcode, and no dice. Even went to Discogs to look for the listing, and it's not there. There aren't even any entries for any of the new pressings after Love Hysteria.

Hey I got mine today too! Can't find a Discogs entry for it yet, I always add what I get to my collection using the barcode, and no dice. Even went to Discogs to look for the listing, and it's not there. There aren't even any entries for any of the new pressings after Love Hysteria.
I bet we’re just on the first wave of people getting theirs in. Hopefully some industrious soul pops them in over the weekend.

Black Market Brass’s first album:
8E7F8A49-F397-4D23-A79F-2DA5CA6509CF.jpeg

as some of you know, I’ve been remodeling the record room. The metal legs on my new console brought back some noise and tracking issues when people step near the turntable. I’ve been looking forever for a piece of butcher block or marble to put under the table and having failed, bit on these:
69F7A11A-F36D-4B0D-873D-A4C5D315A025.jpeg
isoacoustucs orea bronze

I went with these after a bit of research and the price. I became even more excited after I mounted the speakers causing an upgrade in sound as I have effectively isolated the Elacs now.

Immediately, they have fixed the problem they were bought for as you literally have to stomp to make a record skip now.

last night i listened to the Gearbox Monk release and I noticed some distortion. I chalked it up to a bit of static and the fact that it’s probably time to replace my stylus. This evening I played it and the distortion is gone. As is the distortion I noticed on The Firewatcher’s daughter I had recently purchased and had only played with the new setup.

Unfortunately, I have unwittingly upgraded my sound twice in a very short time so it’s hard to tell what made the Aaron Frazer I played previous to these just sound crisper.

I do know I have lost some boom in bass, but no punch. I am not sure there has been much change in the highs. The mids are less muddy as a whole. I’ve also the cleaning up of some distortion that was probably a result of this new console. Altogether I’m a very happy camper.

Tl,dr: isolation is not snake oil people. Do it!

Alfa Mist - Bring Backs

Been looking forward to this for a long time, and have avoided listening to it on Spotify. Sounds really good - really enjoy Alfa Mist and his sound - I even don't mind the vocals on it (mostly spoken word - I thought it was Kae Tempest but it's actually Hilary Thomas). Sometimes feels like he's not as well known as some in the London jazz scene but he should be. (Album came out sideways on the shot, but looks kind of cool like that).

20210428_113042.jpg

Back