Fresh Grabs

Herbie Hancock - The Story of Herbie Hancock (Blue Note, 2021 VMP Anthology Box Set)

The Herbie Hancock sets seem to be arriving for people that ordered them and mine arrived earlier. I sahred this over on the Anthology thread but haven't seen anyone post the set here yet, so here we go.

Have to say that I am blown away by the quality so far (I haven't listened to any yet though). The box is superb and I LOVE the graphics used for the inner piece. The booklet looks to be a lot more comprehensive than I imagined it would be and I like how each album has its own additional liner notes (other box sets I have just have the cover and tracklist). The biggest surprise by far is the quality of the jackets and reproduction, right down to the Japanese DR inserts. Stunning stuff. I was apprehensive at first but if the audio quality is as good as everything else then this will be an absolutely killer set.

IMG_9558.JPG

My local shop had the vinyl, I think it was $80
Wax Trax themselves were recently getting rid of some old stock on their site. They had the CD for $60 (I think that may still be there) and the vinyl for about $120 I believe. They didn't grade either. Just some note about how it wasn't new but stock left in their store room from years back or something like that so take that as you will. I paid less than they were selling the CD for from a UK-based seller on ebay so I'm good.

I was only on the Wax Trax site (didn't even know they still had one) because they're doing the Coil LSD RE campaign.

Edit: I would be happy if some OOP (non-single 'cause I think they had some) KMFDM popped up there

Last edited:
It's been a good couple of weeks for my collection. Not so much for my wallet though.

IMG_20210429_131107.jpg

Makaya McCraven - Universal Beings
Boscoe - ST (Give this one a listen if you haven't already. One of my favorite finds in a long time)
Herbie Hancock - My Point of View
Antonio Mairena - La Llave de Oro del Cante Flamenco
Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises

Here's my recent grabs over the past month or so...

Houseplant - LP Box Set 1
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park (Signed)
Inside Llewyn Davis Soundtrack
Willie Nelson (Happy Birthday to my Birthday Twin!) - Shotgun Willie
HER Soundtrack
Patsy Cline - The Complete Decca Studio Masters: 1960-1963
John Prine - September 78 (Red variant)
U2 - 11 O'Clock Tik Tok RSD (Kept forgetting to pick this up)

IMG_2598.jpeg

Hawaii Jams

Mike Lundy - The Rhythm of Life (Test Pressing)
Steve & Teresa - Catching A Wave (Test Pressing)
Seprock - Kona Winds
Mike Kahikina - Hawai‘i's Beautiful

IMG_2600.jpeg

Freshly Vaxxed Grabs
572B04CA-AF87-45D5-A3BD-1D45A3AD35D4.jpeg
Sonic Youth - EVOL
Kanye West - Yeezus
Miles Davis - Milestones
The Pretenders - Pretenders
Dinosaur Jr. - Hand It Over
Toadies - Rubberneck
Dramarama - Cinéma Vérité

All of these are mail orders. Lots from Amazon, Sonic Youth and Miles Davis were great values, Kanye cassette was only $8 new. I now have all the Cherry Red Dinosaur Jr. reissues I think they must’ve repressed some of these because I found Without A Sound at my Local a couple weeks ago and was able to grab Hand It Over off of Amazon. I still need to pick up Bug but my Dinosaur Jr. collection is rounding out nicely. The Pretenders debut is a fantastic PIF from @dansomeone . Toadies a Discogs purchase and Dramarama was a recent reissue that I am pumped to spin.

Last haul for a while...I promise. Except for preorders and such. Just so hard not to swing by Amoeba when im in the Berkley area. May might be a no-buy month for me.

The Damned - Damned Damned Damned
Suicide - Suicide
Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth
Social Distortion - Mommys Little Monster
IMG_1221.JPG

The Jesus Lizard - Liar
Gene Clark - No Other
Mayhem - De Myteriis Dom Santhaas
T-Rex - Electric Warrior
IMG_1220.JPG

and last but not least, Can - Future Days

IMG_1222.JPG