Fresh Grabs

Some records arrived over the weeked but haven't had a chance to crack them open yet.

William Onyeabor - Hypertension (OG 1982 pressing on Wilfilms Records)
Tenderlonious ‎– Hard Rain (2019 on 22a records)

Ordered the Onyeabor from Superfly, its a decent clean copy without warps and at a good price as well. The Tenderlonious is a bit of a side-step from his usual jazz, this is more electronic and more in line with The Comet is Coming.

Marc Ribot & The Young Philadelphians - Live in Tokyo (2016, on Yellowbird records)
Lloyd Miller And The Mike Johnson Quartet - Jazz At The University Of Utah (2019 on Now-Again Records)

Both these were picked up on Amazon (thanks for the heads up @Mr Moore) for a ridiculously cheap price (£10 and £9). I loved the Oriental Jazz classics release and listened to Jazz at the University of Utah a load after it popped up on the guess thread. Glad to finally have a copy on wax.

Last edited:
Now part of the Dylan numbered mono box club.
Also picked up the new Hosono Japanese reissues.

View attachment 7036
giphy.gif

I’m spinning Bringing It All Back Home right now.

Last edited:
That was my last VMP box! So I have that one too 😜

I’ll be returning there to get the speakers corner versions of Transformer and Horses next pay day!

Both are great! Comparing to the MOV I found that the Transformer SC release had more bass but the MOV sounds good too, so it will depend on how you like to listen to music :)

Where’d you all get these from? @Souljacker @uvwxVinyl 👆🏻
@folsom_lives
Uh. My thoughts exactly. Where where where?!

see below:
cheekily bought this off amazon.de today - was showing 1 left in stock and was at €27,39 - description and ASIN suggest it's coloured vinyl. Have a feeling they'll send a regular version though, which I would just send back in that case.

Edit: actually it's still showing 1 in stock so lord knows how that works.

There was only 1 in stock when I bought it, so I don't know...will have to see after work if mine is also red or if @Souljacker beat me to it :)

Back