Fresh Grabs

No...possibly tomorrow...looking forward to it. I spun my blue copy yesterday so will be interesting to see how this sounds

Also you’ll love it, it’s the most beautiful box set I own, I’m shocked at the quality of the art and the extras. It’s special. Looking forward to the Kid A and Amnesiac ones now!

I have the pink version (indie?) It looks great! I'm seeing her in a couple weeks in SF, I'm looking forward to it.

Awesome! I wanted to go see her here in Chicago but my wife teaches a class that night too so nope. Dreams dashed lol I might still pick up the pink version too. Think that one can still be had reasonably in some places

Finally had a chance to go through my recent purchases and really happy I had no issues in transit, especially since 4 came from the UK in horrendous packaging.

So far I've only opened up EODM (pleasantly surprised to score the pink marbled version) and QoTSA (seriously gorgeous and happy I didn't resort to getting a copy on discogs way back when) but planning on spending tomorrow rocking through Doves.

For those of you that have played your Doves reissues, how does it sound?

Finally got a response back from Amoeba about the predictably warped limited copy of Flamagra I got from them. Was told they checked and they're all like this but most of the time the warp is mild enough that it doesn't affect the sound but I could swap it for a black copy if I wanted...

My response:

Thanks for checking for me but yeah the whole "it won't have any effect on the sound" excuse that labels/stores like to throw around these days is rather disingenuous as far as I'm concerned... Small warps may not initially have any discernable effect on the sound but what they will do is repeatedly cause the stylus to wear over that raised section of the vinyl until after a few play throughs you will absolutely start to hear a difference in the sound quality as the stylus begins to effectively flat spot those sections of the grooves. Not to mention the additional wear that's put on the stylus over any raised and warped sections of the record, and since my stylus costs about $700 to replace; if a record isn't flat, then it's not acceptable. Since that's literallythe very first thing a record is supposed to be.

Anyhow I appreciate you checking on other copies for me but if my only options are to send this one back for a black copy then I think I'll keep this one and try to find a way to flatten it. It's very disappointing that as prices for vinyl have skyrocketed, quality control has plummeted.

I know it's not your fault but I'm thoroughly fed up with being told warps are acceptable, they aren't.

Thanks for your time
Not that this will change anything they do or how hey operate, it’s so nice to see messages like this sent to retailers. Ridiculous, especially since a lot of records are around $25-30 before shipping now.

The crucial comment: It's very disappointing that as prices for vinyl have skyrocketed, quality control has plummeted.
Picked up a few goodies after an in store at Music Millennium.

View attachment 6438
Goat!!! Requiem might be a bit of a departure for them musically, by it’s great nonetheless. Some really beautiful songs on there.
Look what happened! I think this will become my new best friend..
View attachment 6478
Ooooooooh man!!!
One day it will be mine,
oh yes,
it will be mine.

Last edited:
So, oh man, this is my last two days worth of deliveries.

First, the next wave of BN80 reissues
6qDHwbx.jpg

My Bespoke Post box, if only they would have had Darrell Banks. Oh well, these are still four great albums. Gonna gift the Feist one to my sister. And for $31 shipped?!?! Love it.
UDsx71E.jpg

My “accidental” win on an eBay action, 🤣😂, and Heritage II From our guest of honor recently.
Ylb6HMW.jpg

And last, but not least, what everyone’s been buzzing about recently.
icWohg9.jpg

Oh, and it’s numbered too.
egqkXRQ.jpg

Do you ever feel like you spend waaaaaaay too much money on records.

Yeah, me either.

So, oh man, this is my last two days worth of deliveries.

First, the next wave of BN80 reissues
6qDHwbx.jpg

My Bespoke Post box, if only they would have had Darrell Banks. Oh well, these are still four great albums. Gonna gift the Feist one to my sister. And for $31 shipped?!?! Love it.
UDsx71E.jpg

My “accidental” win on an eBay action, 🤣😂, and Heritage II From our guest of honor recently.
Ylb6HMW.jpg

And last, but not least, what everyone’s been buzzing about recently.
icWohg9.jpg

Oh, and it’s numbered too.
egqkXRQ.jpg

Do you ever feel like you spend waaaaaaay too much money on records.

Yeah, me either.

When I read your posts then I don't feel alone in my "spend too much money on records" way of life :)

I found a copy of that Darrell Banks for you. I have to flatten it first but it's all yours.
View attachment 6716
Thank you kindly, JC!!! Never made it up north for hiking but I see I don’t go back to work until Wednesday. Will get that Giant Steps to you before then. ✌

Actually, I’m making my way to Turf Club tonight for The Comet Is Coming. Do you mind if I drop it off tonight? @jaycee
When I read your posts then I don't feel alone in my "spend too much money on records" way of life :)
Wow, I feel the same with most of the posts here. You all make me feel a little more normal. I don’t think I can keep this up all year though; heh, I’ll sure as hell try though!

Back