Fresh Grabs

Fire with this Wax Buyer's Club delivery and these jazz records.

Jef Gilson Big Band ‎– Live À Gaveau (Sam Records <> WBC exclusive AotM)
Jef Gilson Big Band ‎– Jef Gilson A Gaveau (Sam Records)
Miles Davis ‎– Ascenseur Pour L'Échafaud (Sam Records)
Art Blakey & The New Jazzmen ‎– Live In Paris ‘65 (Sam Records)
Horace Tapscott With The Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra And The Great Voice Of UGMAA ‎– Why Don't You Listen? - Live At LACMA, 1998 (Dark Tree)

1607504084147.png

I was so confused, I thought you had a piece of card behind it. What were they thinking?!?

This is how it looked on the online image before I bought it but, annoyingly, I thought the same as you and didn't dream that it would be part of the actual sleeve. They reissued a few decent ones in that series and this put me off buying any more.

This is how it looked on the online image before I bought it but, annoyingly, I thought the same as you and didn't dream that it would be part of the actual sleeve. They reissued a few decent ones in that series and this put me off buying any more.
I bet they sent the image as a mock-up and the printers just went with it.

There's a joke I have heard lots of Architects tell (we are a fun breed), whereby they turn up on site to check progress and the contractors have built a concrete North Arrow and Scale Bar off to the side of the building because it was on the drawings. Not dissimilar to your record :ROFLMAO:

Fire with this Wax Buyer's Club delivery and these jazz records.

Jef Gilson Big Band ‎– Live À Gaveau (Sam Records <> WBC exclusive AotM)
Jef Gilson Big Band ‎– Jef Gilson A Gaveau (Sam Records)
Miles Davis ‎– Ascenseur Pour L'Échafaud (Sam Records)
Art Blakey & The New Jazzmen ‎– Live In Paris ‘65 (Sam Records)
Horace Tapscott With The Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra And The Great Voice Of UGMAA ‎– Why Don't You Listen? - Live At LACMA, 1998 (Dark Tree)

View attachment 79487
I'd like to get my hands on the Gilson "Live" album but from the wax buyers club website it seems the only international (US) option is to subscribe for 4 months. Is there another way to buy it?

I'd like to get my hands on the Gilson "Live" album but from the wax buyers club website it seems the only international (US) option is to subscribe for 4 months. Is there another way to buy it?

I can't tell you exactly, I am a WBC subscriber but lives like 75miles from Edd's place. @Edd owns the club and is the best to answer you. @NewsFedora subscribed for a few months too so maybe he can help?

Yes, 4 or 12 months for international mainly for technical reasons. By the end of this month, you will find it in our shop for 30€ + shipping if we still have some left. There is also good chance that some of our members will sell it on discogs before, at fair price.

If you have any question, please ask by mp or on the Wax Buyers Club thread. I don't want to disturb this great "fresh grabs thread".

I can't tell you exactly, I am a WBC subscriber but lives like 75miles from Edd's place. @Edd owns the club and is the best to answer you. @NewsFedora subscribed for a few months too so maybe he can help?
Thanks for the @. :)

1EA7D074-1634-4E39-8F48-29C8CB32373C.jpeg

Nubya Garcia finally arrived. Got a colored signed copy and a signed test pressing. 2 separate orders. They actual shipped the signed test press in a dreaded super cheap 12x12 mailer. 😖 Any company Shipping in those mailers should result in a stiff fine if not mandatory jail time.

Back