Fresh Grabs

Belgian and Japanese jazz

Bandler Ching ‎– Sub Surface
Compro Oro Feat. Murat Ertel Feat. Esma Ertel ‎– Simurg
Steiger – Brick Smoke Basement

1607596787631.png

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio ‎– Look Of Love - Live At Jazz Is

+ 5 CD more to the Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500 (60 titles so far and 10 more to be released in the next couple of months. It will be the end of the second batches of reissue and I hope more will come)
Shigeko Toya ‎– Fine And Mellow
Mari Nakamoto With Shoji Yokouchi Trio / Sextet* ‎– Mari
Kenji Mori Quartet ‎– Firebird
Masaru Imada ‎– Masaru Imada Piano
Mine, Kosuke Quintet ‎– 2nd Album

1607597101490.png

A bunch of fresh landings over the past week, mainly from Astral Spirits, starting with this excellent festive release from Mars Williams and cohorts. I went for the bundle on this as there’s only a couple of selections on the vinyl.

BD2F3FA5-894C-420B-80BD-2A22EE02CE72.jpeg

This Luke Stewart release is phenomenal modern Chicago jazz, some of the best I’ve heard all year and he’s joined by, among others, Ken Vandermark on reeds. I think this first press must have sold out as I noticed they’re taking orders on a second press. The Sarah Hennies is deeply rooted in the avant-garde sound experiment genre but well worth a listen for those fancying a slightly hypnotic, meditative piece.

0BE0074B-8B1A-4DE6-AEC6-E62FBC79763F.jpeg

A couple of older releases from Astral Spirits still with Icepick’s latest, Hellraiser and Kuzu’s Hiljaisuus.

B33DA24D-B47E-49DB-AC0F-6D9695A59A04.jpeg

A final one in the AS package, Berman, Lytton & Roebke with Trio Discrepancies. Rounding out the image, a new release from Norway, this excellent jazz suite, Jazzsomdub from Han Sotofett et al. So much good modern jazz coming from the Nordic countries at the moment.

D0DE459E-082B-47F1-BA46-D45B33F9DAE1.jpeg

Another Bandcamp import here from Nate Lepine joined by some of my favourites including Nick Mazzarella on alto and Quin Kirchner on drums. An odd little pick up from Juno next to this in a 2009 reissue of a Steve Reid album on Universal Sound (now Soul Jazz) which is available for just £4.75! I don’t ask questions, I just buy.

C4327202-3DB9-4599-AB23-31E98CECD7D2.jpeg

And the last two here are a couple of new releases. First this wonderful free jazz record on Rocket Recordings from Portuguese/German duo, Paisiel featuring one piece mixed specially for vinyl into two long form sides. And a live set from BBNG members, Matthew Tavares and Leland Whitty on Mr Bongo, January 12th.

0484D3EC-1286-4C16-92AB-E8B51E8D54D6.jpeg

A bunch of fresh landings over the past week, mainly from Astral Spirits, starting with this excellent festive release from Mars Williams and cohorts. I went for the bundle on this as there’s only a couple of selections on the vinyl.

View attachment 79664

This Luke Stewart release is phenomenal modern Chicago jazz, some of the best I’ve heard all year and he’s joined by, among others, Ken Vandermark on reeds. I think this first press must have sold out as I noticed they’re taking orders on a second press. The Sarah Hennies is deeply rooted in the avant-garde sound experiment genre but well worth a listen for those fancying a slightly hypnotic, meditative piece.

View attachment 79667

A couple of older releases from Astral Spirits still with Icepick’s latest, Hellraiser and Kuzu’s Hiljaisuus.

View attachment 79666

A final one in the AS package, Berman, Lytton & Roebke with Trio Discrepancies. Rounding out the image, a new release from Norway, this excellent jazz suite, Jazzsomdub from Han Sotofett et al. So much good modern jazz coming from the Nordic countries at the moment.

View attachment 79665

Another Bandcamp import here from Nate Lepine joined by some of my favourites including Nick Mazzarella on alto and Quin Kirchner on drums. An odd little pick up from Juno next to this in a 2009 reissue of a Steve Reid album on Universal Sound (now Soul Jazz) which is available for just £4.75! I don’t ask questions, I just buy.

View attachment 79668

And the last two here are a couple of new releases. First this wonderful free jazz record on Rocket Recordings from Portuguese/German duo, Paisiel featuring one piece mixed specially for vinyl into two long form sides. And a live set from BBNG members, Matthew Tavares and Leland Whitty on Mr Bongo, January 12th.

View attachment 79669
Your the second person I have seen post that Ayler Christmas over the last couple of days. I streamed a bit yesterday and its superb, did you order this from the US? I really fancy picking it up but dont think I can justify the shipping on top.

Your the second person I have seen post that Ayler Christmas over the last couple of days. I streamed a bit yesterday and its superb, did you order this from the US? I really fancy picking it up but dont think I can justify the shipping on top.

Yeah, I order direct from them. I tend to order quite a few together to justify the shipping costs as I only see the odd Astral Spirits release over here. They only value them at $2 each though so even with six in the package, I didn't get any customs charges.

Yeah, I order direct from them. I tend to order quite a few together to justify the shipping costs as I only see the odd Astral Spirits release over here. They only value them at $2 each though so even with six in the package, I didn't get any customs charges.
Ah sweet! I've seen that Juno has a pre-order with the record being available from tomorrow by the looks of it, so I might see if I can grab it from there.

Got several new records today. :)

First of all, the PIF by @Murfocakes has arrived today. FKA Twigs "Magdalene" VMP version. It arrived in great condition, thanks again a lot for the great PIF 💚

IMG_20201212_172315.jpg

Then I've received the 2 VMP Mariah Carey records today. It was my last open order with them.

IMG_20201212_172453.jpg

I also picked up my order from Mueller, a German drugstore recently. I wasn't even aware they are selling records, but ordered some to be picked up in store when they had a 20 % bargain for Black Friday. All went well.
It's the yellow translucent new AC/DC album, Nine Inch Nails "Bad witch", the recent regular Beck album and the classic Portishead album, all really for a good price.

IMG_20201212_172231.jpg

Back