Fresh Grabs

Some stuff I received last and this week.

Les Discrets ‎– Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées picked by the great @blissfullychaotic is our AotM for November.
Herbie Hancock - Inventions & Dimensions, part of the Blue Note 80 reissue campaign
Uyama Hiroto - A Son Of The Sun finally available on vinyl, Uyama Hiroto collaborated quite a few times with Nujabes
Elijah Nang - Gaijin II Tale of Rai, second album for this great hip-hop producer, highly recommended
Junko Onishi - Unity All The Most Live! is a 2xLP recorded live by Junko Onishi and her Sextet
Shinpei Ruike, RS5pb - RS5pb is the last T5Jazz release, this time by Shinpei Ruike, a young Japanese trumpeter
and a few CD: the last batch of TBM reissues (missing one) and last Days of Delight releases
(the 7'' was in my box but I never ordered this nor ever heard of them. According to Discogs the Moonlighters are a mod beat band from Japan

View attachment 75322
View attachment 75323
That's a hell of a vinyl day!!! I'll bring some beer, you supply the baguette and we can have a listening party

You're welcome to borrow it sometime if you want to check it out.
Fuck man, hopefully sometime next year I can swing by with a sixer and you can spin it for me on your undoubtedly more well equipped setup. Though I do have an original NES and Ping Pong table set up in the basement so either way.

Massive thanks to @Speedracer for sending me these two as a PIF. As predicted my daughter loves the Ella cover and I finally have some Christmas music I can play on my turntable.

IMG_20201119_195913.jpg

I have admittedly gone overboard in the Amazon.de 3 for 2 madness but these have all been albums I've had on my list for a while but have just been waiting for a deal to strike.

Fink - Perfect Darkness & Bon Iver
IMG_20201119_195958.jpg

Meddle & Grant's First Stand. I feel like I stole that PF record. Ridiculous that these are about 12€ with the sale and are some of the best sounding records I own. I felt like I listened to Echoes for the first time, it was awesome.

IMG_20201119_200035.jpg

Textured sleeve classic - 9€
IMG_20201119_200954.jpg

VMP Dashboard Confessional
IMG_20201119_200103.jpg

Finally 2 albums came through that are pretty much among my favourite releases this year. Nubya's signed exclusive and Quin Kirchner's Bandcamp exclusive.
IMG_20201119_200119.jpg

D6EF1885-0072-4A03-9FD1-15F01DEF68CE.jpeg

Embarrassment of riches the last couple weeks. Here is a lot of it. Including the MoFi SuperVinyl Dylan I lucked out and snagged off their website yesterday that showed up today already.

2A7B4B17-F6DE-4AB0-9D2F-DB2083AD14AD.jpeg

This is a DVD documentary of Anti-Flag. Numbered and signed by the band members inside the cover. Nice tee also.

A21CA648-A70B-482B-AC78-77A8AA2C2972.jpeg

Morning deliveries: part of my Amazon 3x2 purchases and some Portuguese electronic music.

The Horace Silver Quintet - Further Explorations
Bobby Hutcherson - Oblique
Jimmy Smith With Stanley Turrentine - Prayer Meetin'
Sabaturin - Kenemglev
A.k.Adrix - Código de Barras
DJ Lycox - Kizas do Ly

1605864153577.png
1605864202858.png

F91B3651-A44A-4662-8A95-01D0EE21BACE.jpeg

Got caught in a bit of FOMO with this. Listened to it recently and realised I really, really liked it and wanted it on vinyl. Turns out this is one of the harder reissues to find, with most copies sitting at around £50+. The cheapest copy was £25 but with £24 worth of postage from Italy. I’ve got the cheapest unopened copy I could find, but it’s somehow ended up being one of the most expensive records I’ve ever bought!

Cracking album though...

This arrived yesterday. Was bummed to have missed the remaining available at Target last week. was trying to hunt down an affordable copy last Friday and stumbled by chance on the Mofi website with it marked as available. Thought it was maybe a random re-press but the very high number makes me think they had a 100 or so left in stock and decided to sell them last Friday. The box under the shrink wrap was pretty dusty. This if definitely one of my fav jazz records, so very happy to have this version. No doubt it will beat my Music on Vinyl copy!

Attachments

• tempImageApuIdl.png
    tempImageApuIdl.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • tempImageFG9sGE.png
    tempImageFG9sGE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
View attachment 75662

Got caught in a bit of FOMO with this. Listened to it recently and realised I really, really liked it and wanted it on vinyl. Turns out this is one of the harder reissues to find, with most copies sitting at around £50+. The cheapest copy was £25 but with £24 worth of postage from Italy. I’ve got the cheapest unopened copy I could find, but it’s somehow ended up being one of the most expensive records I’ve ever bought!

Cracking album though...
Yeah, it’s probably their best. I hope Warp represses it sometime soon.

I feel like it's been ages since I posted in this thread. I haven't really bought much vinyl this year sadly, but I had to order this one, which fulfils the second white whale/dream record I was able to get this year, with the Chrono Cross/Chrono Trigger symphonic album coming earlier this year. Been looking forward to spinning this one for a long time!Bebop.jpg.

Back