Fresh Grabs

I may be cursed.

First copy arrived in a plastic bag from Amazon. Jacket was beat to hell. 2nd copy arrived next day in a plastic bag, but with slightly more padding. Jacket is less bent, but look at this glorious pressing!

View attachment 60422

@AnthonyI . Trying for a third copy of this Chet Baker album. So I can PIF a less warped copy to you. I wouldn't feel right sending you the above, even with your vinyl flat.
Wow! That's crazy, lol. I do appreciate that, even if I can fix it, probably best to replace it ;)

Wow! That's crazy, lol. I do appreciate that, even if I can fix it, probably best to replace it ;)
Probably the most warped record I've ever received in 10 years of buying. Almost want to try to spin it (on my cheaper turntable) to see the results.

My stylus:
tumblr_lu9178msAX1r0hcxjo1_250.gif

Me: You got like 3 feet of air!

Very rarely buy singles...... but this Cheap 12" Remix I sought after on Discogs is because I'm a huge Ludacris fan and the remix of this track is one of those rare occasions when i prefer it to the album version. It features Raphael Saadiq on the hook with a sample of his group Toni! Tony! Tone! (Did I get the order right lol) "Whatever You Want" ❤🔥
20200807_184553.jpg
Edit: of course I got the order wrong always do lol

GAP! How is it? All good? Sound like heaven in a slightly fancy vinyl package?
It needs cleaned before I can really experience it 😕 the person who sold it had apparently let it collect dust because theres quite a bit on the records, so imma have to finally invest in the spin clean

that said, even with dust, "Bodysnatchers" never sounded so good 😭

Hit an estate sale today that I had high hopes for (one of the posted photos showed hundreds of albums in an upright 2x4 cell Kallax-type shelf, and there actually were two of those at the sale). Unfortunately, a good deal of it was 12-inch singles and lots of stuff I had no interest in. Bought 10 pieces at least as much to salvage the time I dumped into going as for the records themselves, but here are a few that'll get some play time.

ES.jpg

MM12.jpg

Funny that this Manfred Mann 12" has two Side 1's with identical track listings. Looking at the wax on both sides, I guess that's exactly what it is.

Last edited:
Grabs over the last week.
Yp8wRpl.jpg

Found all these at a Flea Market, Taru was a Discogs grab, and all for $5 or less. All nearly flawless as well, some look unplayed. The In ‘n Out is a 1973 blue label, black “b” press with a Van Gelder stamp. Couldn’t turn it down. Having two copies is acceptable right?

Anyone have any info on the Lee Morgan Speedball? Haven’t had the time to spin it and not much info on the web about it. Is it a compilation album?

qCf68Vu.jpg

3AQ8s6X.jpg

Upgrading my Europe ‘72 to a more pristine copy. Slight jacket damage, but oh well. Got to gift my other copy to my father. I keep trying to get him into them and I think 1972 is one of the better years. I tried Live/Dead for Christmas so many years back but it was too jammy I think.

Back