Fresh Grabs

Run the Jewels 4 maybe? Are those shipping out yet. I have no past emails about that album or Amoeba so maybe I ordered it from there for whatever reason, maybe, idk!...sorry just talking to myself

I think it's for Fiona. Got a shipping notice also and it's the only thing I have on order from them.

Last edited:
In addition to these yesterday:
View attachment 56859
look, @Twentytwo , the best kind of signed cover (an extra one), I also got the results from my q-tip lobotomy, covid free for now!

That’s awesome on both accounts. Josh Ritter and Drive By Truckers did that last year. I always appreciate it when they do it that way.

Keleketla!

I just wrote that Tamikrest is one of the best African albums of the year but this is definitely another one. Featuring some great South African musicians such as percussionist Thabang Tabane, guitarist Sibusile Xaba and rapper Yugen Blakrok, it's all pulled together by Coldcut with help from the likes of Tony Allen, Shabaka Hutchings, Tenderlonious and Joe Armon-Jones. V highly recommended.

20200716_175123.jpg

Jackie McLean - New And Old Gospel (Blue Note, 1968 First Pressing)
Hank Mobley - Dippin' (Blue Note, 1966 First Stereo Pressing)
Jackie McLean - A Long Drink Of The Blues (Prestige/Xtra, 1967 First UK Pressing)

A very tasty set of jazz records. The big one here is the Hank Mobley record, which has been alluding me for a while. I finally managed to snag a decent copy of this killer album which features Lee Morgan on trumpet (he really gives it his all in this session). I've been on a bit of a Jackie McLean binge lately and 'New And Old Gospel' is a super interesting session which sees him team-up with Ornette Coleman.....who plays the trumpet here! Early copies of 'A Long Drink Of The Blues' never seems to pop up for sale, but this pressing (the first UK pressing from 1967, released 6 years after the US first pressing) seems to have really good reviews, so fingers crossed its a good one!

IMG_9900.JPG

Jay & Kai - Jay & Kai (Savoy/London Records, 1956 First UK Pressing)
Manu Dibango - Home Made (Fiesta, 1979 First French Pressing - although it does have a different label which I cant seem to find online)

These 2 were carboot finds which cost me £1 in total. The Jay & Kai is a decent session (I have the 10" EP) and one which can be picked up super cheap. I was unfamiliar with Manu Dibango until he passed away earlier in the year. The lady I bought this from had a load of reggae (early Bob Marley, Pete Tosh, Toots and the Maytals) which were unfortunately well beyond saving. The Dibango record itself looked in good enough shape apart from marks to one side which I suspected was watermarks (still don't know what it is but have cleaned with alcohol, soap, grease remover, and wood glue X2 to no avail, I suspect its stained). The lady explained that she bought these when she lived in Jamaica, then moved to the UK with them. I can't find the label online anywhere so not entirely sure of the pressing, even though the matrix numbers pop up as a first French press.

IMG_9901.JPG

Prince Paul - A Prince Among Thieves (Tommy Boy, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)
McCoy Tyner - Sahara (Milestone, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
The White Stripes - De Stijl (Third Man Records, 2020 VMP Essentials Pressing)
Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher (Dead Oceans, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Khruangbin ‎– Mordechai (Dead Oceans, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

A good selection of VMP goodies. Im most excited about the McCoy Tyner and Phoebe Bridgers, but really im sure these will all be great. I do think this will be my last R&HH release for a while though. I have been evaluating my collection and I play them way less on average than the others, and theres some in there which I have only played once or twice. Its been a good run (I was subbed since the beginning) but at this point I think I'm going to call it a day and just add on if something catches my eye.

IMG_9898.JPG

I've also received some new records today.
5 albums from VMP sent in 4 packages which all arrived the same time. 😅 I don't mind that too much as it takes away the risk of a large box ending up at customs.

So I got the White Stripes, Aretha's "I never loved a man...", the Shabaka album which I've bought using my international swap credit as it wasn't in swaps (excited what it sounds like as I've seen mixed reviews here), Prince Paul and the amazing Holy Hive album. 😍 Thanks again to @Lee Newman , who praised that one in early June. 🙂

IMG_20200717_143125.jpg

IMG_20200717_143224.jpg

Then also I've received my JPC preorder of the limited silver Tin Machine II album brought out by MOV and my first Tone Poet release, "glamoured" by Cassandra Wilson ordered cheaply from dodax.

IMG_20200717_143344.jpg

Excited to play them all over the weekend. 🎶🧡

New Dylan!

When I went into the store to pick up my pre-order the fella was shocked and said “you didn’t want the coloured?”

Me: “Nah mate, Dylan belongs on black wax“

View attachment 57054

Would love to know which pressing sounds the best for this. I'm also pretty indifferent about the colour. I supposedly have the golden yellow one on order but I think the album artwork is atrocious anyway.

Amazing album, let me know about your pressing and I'll report back with mine.

Would love to know which pressing sounds the best for this. I'm also pretty indifferent about the colour. I supposedly have the golden yellow one on order but I think the album artwork is atrocious anyway.

Amazing album, let me know about your pressing and I'll report back with mine.

Yeah it was olive green over here but I don’t think there was a colour that would have swayed me from black, some artists are best on Black vinyl, Bob is one!

Jackie McLean - New And Old Gospel (Blue Note, 1968 First Pressing)
Hank Mobley - Dippin' (Blue Note, 1966 First Stereo Pressing)
Jackie McLean - A Long Drink Of The Blues (Prestige/Xtra, 1967 First UK Pressing)

A very tasty set of jazz records. The big one here is the Hank Mobley record, which has been alluding me for a while. I finally managed to snag a decent copy of this killer album which features Lee Morgan on trumpet (he really gives it his all in this session). I've been on a bit of a Jackie McLean binge lately and 'New And Old Gospel' is a super interesting session which sees him team-up with Ornette Coleman.....who plays the trumpet here! Early copies of 'A Long Drink Of The Blues' never seems to pop up for sale, but this pressing (the first UK pressing from 1967, released 6 years after the US first pressing) seems to have really good reviews, so fingers crossed its a good one!

View attachment 56941

Jay & Kai - Jay & Kai (Savoy/London Records, 1956 First UK Pressing)
Manu Dibango - Home Made (Fiesta, 1979 First French Pressing - although it does have a different label which I cant seem to find online)

These 2 were carboot finds which cost me £1 in total. The Jay & Kai is a decent session (I have the 10" EP) and one which can be picked up super cheap. I was unfamiliar with Manu Dibango until he passed away earlier in the year. The lady I bought this from had a load of reggae (early Bob Marley, Pete Tosh, Toots and the Maytals) which were unfortunately well beyond saving. The Dibango record itself looked in good enough shape apart from marks to one side which I suspected was watermarks (still don't know what it is but have cleaned with alcohol, soap, grease remover, and wood glue X2 to no avail, I suspect its stained). The lady explained that she bought these when she lived in Jamaica, then moved to the UK with them. I can't find the label online anywhere so not entirely sure of the pressing, even though the matrix numbers pop up as a first French press.

View attachment 56943

Prince Paul - A Prince Among Thieves (Tommy Boy, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)
McCoy Tyner - Sahara (Milestone, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
The White Stripes - De Stijl (Third Man Records, 2020 VMP Essentials Pressing)
Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher (Dead Oceans, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Khruangbin ‎– Mordechai (Dead Oceans, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

A good selection of VMP goodies. Im most excited about the McCoy Tyner and Phoebe Bridgers, but really im sure these will all be great. I do think this will be my last R&HH release for a while though. I have been evaluating my collection and I play them way less on average than the others, and theres some in there which I have only played once or twice. Its been a good run (I was subbed since the beginning) but at this point I think I'm going to call it a day and just add on if something catches my eye.

View attachment 56946

Jackie McLean ... 🔥🔥🔥

Sahara pressing is fantastic.

Kallax 4x2

The girlfriend and kids are away at the moment so I seized the moment to add a 4x2 and turn the ones in the cellar vertical. Not sure how popular this will be but hoping it will survive. I've now got 31 cubes, plus my boxsets and 7" boxes. 4 of them are free as I've given everything else a bit of extra space. I think this might be it though as we don't have a huge apartment so I reckon I've got about 500 more records I can get. Sounds OK just now...

20200717_205046.jpg

I ordered the signed vinyl only back in April and due to a complete mess up nearly ended up with no signed vinyl. Then due to said mess up i got a Signed vinyl, Signed Cassette, unsigned vinyl unsigned cassette unsigned cd lol and I think there is a signed cd and signed cassette also coming now with a lighter, its been a bit mental 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ but I absolutely love this latest offering from The Streets. Its current but got the old streets vibe very addictive listen with features from Tame Impala & Idles among others
20200717_221908.jpg20200717_215910.jpg20200717_215705.jpg20200717_215657.jpg

Back