Fresh Grabs

Also last Friday, our coffee pot went all poltergeist on us (it was randomly setting it’s delayed timer and not wanting to brew on demand and generally just beeping incessantly).... so Costco only had a crazy Kuerig, so I ordered this thing of beauty:
View attachment 56534
I ordered a cheap one on amazon about 2 weeks ago.. Still waiting for it and my unopened coffee grounds getting restless.

Well typically, these arrived this morning.

View attachment 56408

A couple of Blueys from Classic Records, a pair of discontinued Speakers Corner reissues (I fell in love with that Stan Getz one last year, it was played beginning to end at the holiday resort we were staying at), and my first Impex (Blakey’s Drum Suite) and an AP Tenor Conclave.
Where’d you nab that Art Blakey!!! from? I’ve been searching for that press for months now to no avail

Where’d you nab that Art Blakey!!! from? I’ve been searching for that press for months now to no avail

This place in the UK. It was their last copy though, they just have the 2LP AP version left.

I recently saw this listed, a c.1968 RVG stamped version, NM vinyl, VG+ sleeve for £25, the same I paid for the Speakers Corner version which may interest you.

long overdue update with arrivals from the last 8 weeks.

first off
Pretty Purdie-Soul is ... (2019 RSD)
Dj Shadow - The Less you know, the better... ( a further step to complete my DJ Shadow collection)
Ben Jorge - Africa Brasil (VMP) - thanks @uvwxVinyl for the solid to buy for me!
IMG_7320.jpg
second block is some weird music trips...
The Books - Lost and safe
The Books - Music for a french elevator ...
I missed out on the Temporary Residence boxset The Books - a dot in time, recently made available (again) through Bandcamp following some backroom discovery of old record boxes.... now I just miss The Way Out, to complete my collection
Francis Bebey - African Electronic Music 1976-1982
Francis Bebey - Psychedelic Sanza 1982-1984

IMG_7321.jpg

2 more recent releases
Khruangbin-Mordechai (summer sky wave)
Keleketla!- Keleketla! (south African based international collaboration)
IMG_7322.jpg
And finally our latest 3 AOTMs
Tortoise -TNT
Kendra Morris - Mockingbird (thanks @Joe Mac for arranging shipments and record signature)
Max Richter - recomposed Vivaldi-the four seasons
IMG_7323.jpg

long overdue update with arrivals from the last 8 weeks.

first off
Pretty Purdie-Soul is ... (2019 RSD)
Dj Shadow - The Less you know, the better... ( a further step to complete my DJ Shadow collection)
Ben Jorge - Africa Brasil (VMP) - thanks @uvwxVinyl for the solid to buy for me!
View attachment 56698
second block is some weird music trips...
The Books - Lost and safe
The Books - Music for a french elevator ...
I missed out on the Temporary Residence boxset The Books - a dot in time, recently made available (again) through Bandcamp following some backroom discovery of old record boxes.... now I just miss The Way Out, to complete my collection
Francis Bebey - African Electronic Music 1976-1982
Francis Bebey - Psychedelic Sanza 1982-1984

View attachment 56699

2 more recent releases
Khruangbin-Mordechai (summer sky wave)
Keleketla!- Keleketla! (south African based international collaboration)
View attachment 56700
And finally our latest 3 AOTMs
Tortoise -TNT
Kendra Morris - Mockingbird (thanks @Joe Mac for arranging shipments and record signature)
Max Richter - recomposed Vivaldi-the four seasons
View attachment 56701

That Pretty Purdie sounds fantastic! It really surprised me.

Is the TNT the coloured one, if so where did you find it? Is ninja tune shipping EU wide again?

That Pretty Purdie sounds fantastic! It really surprised me.

Is the TNT the coloured one, if so where did you find it? Is ninja tune shipping EU wide again?
TNT is the standard black, I got it from Juno.
(I had asked ThrillJoy Europe desk if it was possible to get the colored version, but it wasn't available outside of the US)

and for NinjaTunes, I got Keleketla! from Amazon.co.uk (but the actual label is Ahead of our Time)

This place in the UK. It was their last copy though, they just have the 2LP AP version left.

I recently saw this listed, a c.1968 RVG stamped version, NM vinyl, VG+ sleeve for £25, the same I paid for the Speakers Corner version which may interest you.
Damn, if that's still around later I might pick that one up. Go for it @Ghost
Never ordered from this site before but seems it’s worth a shot! This is one of my favorite Art Blakey records. I contemplated the AP press many times but I really don’t enjoy 45s lol. Thanks for the link!

The best thing about coming back from holiday these days is the pile of records waiting for me.

Khruangbin - Mordechai
John Martyn - Solid Air
Bloto - Erozje
Blow Trio

I really enjoyed the new Khruangbin on streaming it; a replacement to a beat-up first pressing of Solid Air; superb new Polish jazz; and the first record from the Belgian two sax + drums trio who made one of my faves of last year.

20200715_154333.jpg

Sven Wunder - Eastern Flowers
Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now
Pearl Jam - Backspacer
Tamikrest - Tamotait

Fab album that reminds me of Goat; a replacement for a 4MWB pressing although as it's VMP it's got pops and so a replacement is coming; completion of PJ's studio albums with this underrated one; and fabulous central African guitar music.

20200715_154403.jpg

Led Zeppelin - Complete BBC Sessions
Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Rhythm and Gospel
The Black Crowes - Shake Your Moneymaker
Mammal Hands - Chaser 7"

The big one for me is the Led Zep deluxe boxset which was the only way to get this on vinyl here now. I love this album and don't know why I hesitated over buying it as it cost me a fair bit more. Also - I've loved Sister Rosetta for so long and for my money this is better than the VMP release even if grey market; more Black Crowes goodness; and the first taste of the new album from Mammal Hands, one of my favourites of the UK jazz scene even if rather underrated.

20200715_154459.jpg

Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters (indie Opaque pearl vinyl)

85C63E52-445E-433E-B34F-DD776D2CABDE.jpeg

To paraphrase Teri Hatcher in Seinfeld - it’s real and it’s spectacular

0381C8A1-BAA8-4C21-8C38-6AEB147065FD.jpeg

the pearl colored vinyl is really nice

6B4EC38A-E521-4E7B-A485-2F13F9692DCC.jpeg

Puppies on the labels!

485E885D-AC1C-45BE-AC69-C5DC063E3739.jpeg

Awesome little book with all the lyrics.

Would have loved a gatefold or larger sleeve opening but overall I’m very impressed. Can’t wait to spin it this evening!

View attachment 56804

View attachment 56805

View attachment 56806

Puppies on the labels!

View attachment 56807

Would have loved a gatefold or larger sleeve opening but overall I’m very impressed. Can’t wait to spin it this evening!

Is this the amoeba exclusive? I think I ordered that one too...

View attachment 56804

View attachment 56805

View attachment 56806

Puppies on the labels!

View attachment 56807

Oh my. I'm jelly 👀 love the color with the album cover, but I'm still awaiting my black copy. Don't really feel like ordering a second variant 😕

Is this the amoeba exclusive? I think I ordered that one too...
I got mine from Bullmoose - did Amoeba have their own exclusive or just carrying the indie exclusive?

I just got a shipping notice from Amoeba for something, and I have no idea what it is. Doesn't say in the email, and their site is down. I'm hoping it's not this though because that'd mean I ordered 3 different versions! 4 if you count the cassette. I'm pretty sure it's something else though.

View attachment 56804

View attachment 56805

View attachment 56806

Puppies on the labels!

View attachment 56807

Meanwhile my VMP copy is still on track to be shipped out Septemberish, maybe.

I just got a shipping notice from Amoeba for something, and I have no idea what it is. Doesn't say in the email, and their site is down. I'm hoping it's not this though because that'd mean I ordered 3 different versions! 4 if you count the cassette. I'm pretty sure it's something else though.
Run the Jewels 4 maybe? Are those shipping out yet. I have no past emails about that album or Amoeba so maybe I ordered it from there for whatever reason, maybe, idk!...sorry just talking to myself

Back