Fresh Grabs

Appreciate the offer. I've been scanning eBay for more of his stuff. I lost an auction last week for a lot of 6 Bill Evans albums. I have about 25 titles by him, and all 6 were not duplicates, strangely. Now I'm mostly looking for the oddball live releases that are hard to track down in the wild. Or audiophile pressings for $30! Man you lucked out!
Honestly, send me a DM if there are titles you want. I promise not to swoop in and try to steal the auctions ;)

I spend WAY too much time on ebay looking at jazz records so if I ever come across a listing for something, I'm more than happy to send it your way. I also have a lot of Bill Evans stuff and am currently trying to free up shelf space, so it's possible I might own something you're looking for and would be willing to sell for a fair price!

Kallax 4x2

The girlfriend and kids are away at the moment so I seized the moment to add a 4x2 and turn the ones in the cellar vertical. Not sure how popular this will be but hoping it will survive. I've now got 31 cubes, plus my boxsets and 7" boxes. 4 of them are free as I've given everything else a bit of extra space. I think this might be it though as we don't have a huge apartment so I reckon I've got about 500 more records I can get. Sounds OK just now...

View attachment 57116

This came right on time for a new Superfly Records African LP sales today. Next week we'll have free jazz (@Mr Moore).

Yes, I've got three parcels of African records on my way from them (they're upstairs and have been given a bit more room to breath/expand too)...

I miss their shop. I'm planning to visit them this or next week. My holidays are ending tomorrow and I'll be alone at home for the next weeks. I'll definitely take this opportunity to visit my local record shops.

Last few weeks, plus a trip to the local today. Great feeling in the store today, 2nd ave has such great pricing. Downtown Portland is so quiet.

The Truth Is A Lie - American Soul Music Vol. 3
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Sideways To New Italy
Muriel Grossman - Golden Rule
Muriel Grossman - Elevation
0B03CE43-3E74-4616-A2BD-7FA1E69233C8.jpeg

Jason Molina - Eight Gates
McCoy Tyner - Sahara
White Stripes - De Stijl
Khraungbin - Mordechai
2556C6E0-E8B8-487C-A76A-BCC2F16064B2.jpeg

Was happy with the N&G pick this month by @Thackeraye and decided to get some more rock in my life with a trip to the local and grab these 8 below. I've gotten a little jazzy lately, but the sun is out and this house needs to be loud.

Fugazi - Red Medicine
Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker
The Dirtbombs - Ultraglide In Black
The Dirtbombs - We Have You Surrounded
Faith No More - Angel Dust
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams
Ride - This Is Not A Safe Place
Hiss Golden Messenger - Hallelujah Anyhow
822353B1-0353-47D6-858D-379772864137.jpeg
70417BA7-8161-439C-AE73-404E41953D20.jpeg

Last few weeks, plus a trip to the local today. Great feeling in the store today, 2nd ave has such great pricing. Downtown Portland is so quiet.

The Truth Is A Lie - American Soul Music Vol. 3
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Sideways To New Italy
Muriel Grossman - Golden Rule
Muriel Grossman - Elevation
View attachment 57340

Jason Molina - Eight Gates
McCoy Tyner - Sahara
White Stripes - De Stijl
Khraungbin - Mordechai
View attachment 57339

Was happy with the N&G pick this month by @Thackeraye and decided to get some more rock in my life with a trip to the local and grab these 8 below. I've gotten a little jazzy lately, but the sun is out and this house needs to be loud.

Fugazi - Red Medicine
Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker
The Dirtbombs - Ultraglide In Black
The Dirtbombs - We Have You Surrounded
Faith No More - Angel Dust
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams
Ride - This Is Not A Safe Place
Hiss Golden Messenger - Hallelujah Anyhow
View attachment 57337
View attachment 57338
I need to get Ultraglide in Black soon. Glad you got a copy of Fugazi!

Been a week or two since I posted in here so got a little collection of new arrivals going on.

Hillbillies In Hell (1952-1974) Volume 9 (Bullmoose Exclusive /200)
Jay-Z - Blueprint
Halloween OST - Finally got over the underwhelming cover and picked it up.

Margo Price ‎– That's How Rumors Get Started (Magnolia Signed Edition)

7-19-2020 1.jpg

A little ebay action...

Doomtree ‎– All Hands
P.O.S. – Audition ( 10 Year Anniversary splatter)

P.O.S. – Chill, Dummy (Signed Yellow)

PicsArt_07-19-04.03.52.jpg

All from hhv besides the obscenely warped and bent up Phoebe from JVC :mad:

Boygenius ( Love Record Stores 2020 Red)
Larry Lovestein & The Velvet Revival ‎– You (Supposed to be clear with rainbow but just clear, sounds great though!)
Led Zeppelin ‎– Live At Fillmore West In San Francisco 24th Of April 1969

Led Zeppelin ‎– Jimmy Page Birthday At The Royal Albert Hall 9 January 1970

PicsArt_07-19-04.04.48.jpg

Lastly, also from hhv! Been wanting this for awhile and the first one came absolutely wrecked but hhv was awesome and had a replacement to me in under a week.

Tonedeff ‎– Polymer (Polymorph edition /500)

PicsArt_07-19-04.05.32.jpg

Last edited:
This past month's grabs. A hodge podge of new releases and stuff I either couldnt find for some time, or was waiting to find used.

FYI - The Khruangbin on the left is the TTL variant and sounds like dog shit. Basically anytime the guitar is playing, you want to leave the room, which is a lot cuz Khruangbin. Grabbed the pink indie variant and it sounds just fine.

20200719_221417.jpg20200719_221633.jpg20200719_221747.jpg20200719_221846.jpg

Back