Fresh Grabs

3rd of July - post office is closed, but I got a yellow slip in my box and 2 packages are awaiting pickup.
Guess that means tomorrow.
I bet the Post Office is closed tomorrow. I think they are delivering mail today but tomorrow they are not. I would imagine the offices themselves might differ for today but I would be super surprised if they were open tomorrow.

I bet the Post Office is closed tomorrow. I think they are delivering mail today but tomorrow they are not. I would imagine the offices themselves might differ for today but I would be super surprised if they were open tomorrow.

Today is the US business holiday. I’m off. The counter was locked up and dark.

Edit: I checked the sign. Off both days. Sigh. Monday will come soon enough. Patience, grasshopper.

edit 2:

F7AC9DFA-A50A-4F14-AA9F-CAA5EE823D71.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 55017

From VMP, about five weeks apart.

View attachment 55018

The one with the longer split is the second one, sent with only a green bubble sheet on top for "protection."

Customer service remains silent on my email and will probably stay so.
You might want to reach out to Acoustic sounds and see if they have any extra sleeves (hopefully in addition to getting some credit from VMP) They’ve hooked me up with AP sleeves in the past (granted on albums I bought from them but worth a shot) that arrives w seam splits

Today is the US business holiday. I’m off. The counter was locked up and dark.
I dropped album shipments this afternoon at my local post office.

Tomorrow is the holiday, today is optional for USPS offices depending on local policy and if the branch is normally open on Saturdays. M-F business are celebrating today.

I actually thought I bought this a few years ago on a lovely Icey Blue & White pressing until it came and it was a "Revisited" version of the album, not the proper album at all... I was so disappointed but glad to have finally picked it up

Ras Kass - Soul On Ice 🧊 💙

Like a West Coast Nas to me, Ras is severely underrated I urge you to check out his joint projects which are amazing to me
Semi Hendrix - Breakfast at Banksys (with Jack Splash)
Blasphemy (with Apollo Brown)

20200704_011703.jpg

Los Straitjackets - ¡Viva! Los Straitjackets
Los Straitjackets ‎– The Utterly Fantastic And Totally Unbelievable Sounds Of Los Straitjackets

2019 Craft Recordings reissues of these smokin' '90s surf classics. The original pressings had creeped up to $60+ and $40+, respectively. Craft did a solid job here as usual.

IMG_4716.jpg

The Donnas - Spend The Night
The Donnas ‎– Gold Medal

The Run Out Groove and Real Gone Music limited edition color reissues. Holy smokes, did anyone else need a pair of pliers to pull Gold Medal out of the inner sleeve because the static was so strong? I split about three inches of the inner sleeve while tugging the record out! On a side note, these albums rule.

IMG_4723.jpg

Spiritual Jazz Vol 9 - Blue Notes, Part One
Spiritual Jazz Vol 9 - Blue Notes, Part Two

Filling out my Jazzman Spiritual Jazz comps. Most excited about Eddie Gale's "The Rain" on Part One and Solomon Ilori's "Igbesi Aiye (Song of Praise to God)" on Part Two.

IMG_4719.jpg

Waaay back on the first Bandcamp day, I ordered the Shjips on black vinyl and the Sea & Cake on green vinyl. 106 days later, they finally arrived, but in different colors (clear w high melt copper and clear w high melt blue). Anyway I don't really care about vinyl color, as long as they sound good, I'm good.
IMG_20200705_090244238.jpg

Last edited:
to me.....it sounds great!!!
That’s so good to hear! Thanks for the reply Luke! 😊 ‘Who Is Jill Scott? - Words and Sounds Vol. 1‘ is an album that means a lot to me! Me and my sister and brother all really love that album! ♥️

It’s one of my favourite albums of 2000, along with D’Angelo’s Voodoo, Erykah Badu’s Mama Gun, The Avalanches Since I Left You & Slum Village’s Fantastic Vol. 2! 😍🏆

I’ve already ordered the album on Amazon, for only AUD$45! I’m hoping it actually ships though within the next few months 🤞 I was so happy to get the Jill Scott record for that price considering my local has it up for AUD$90! 🙏

Back