Fresh Grabs

Steely Dan - Gaucho & Aja
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Catch A Fire

It's possible to have 2000+ records and not close to all the ones you should have. The best second hand shop in Oslo has been a bit too far to get to for me until today so felt rude not to plug some glaring gaps. Only Pretzel Logic to go with Steely Dan, who really sound as good to me now as they did when I discovered them 30 years ago. And I'd been holding out for a vinyl version of the Jamaican version of Catch A Fire, far superior if you ask me, but I can't wait forever! (Trying Imgur for 1st time for image - let's hope it works)

Recieved my Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings from the most recent deal on Amazon today! It's actually a numbered one, #7746.

The only problem I've seen so far is that my John Weasley Harding has a Highway 61 Revisited center label on side 1, but the correct center label on side 2. The music is correct, just that one center label is wrong.

Has anyone had any luck getting Amazon to replace just one of the albums out of this box set? I remember some people getting wrong discs and whatnot. Any tips would be appreciated.

Is that the double Modern Life or one of the OG single disk pressings? Really need to get that album on vinyl.
I bought the entire Blur studio album discography last week still waiting on 4 more to be delivered lol. The first 7 albums are all the 2lp 2012 remaster versions and then Magic Whip is an OG I think 🤔
Edit: leisure 1lp per my buddy @Joe Mac

Last edited:
I bought the entire Blur studio album discography last week still waiting on 4 more to be delivered lol. The first 7 albums are all the 2lp 2012 remaster versions and then Magic Whip is an OG I think 🤔

Leisure is only 1LP if I remember correctly, i don’t spin that one lots, but yeah all the other remasters are 2LP. I don’t think there’s being a new pressing of Magic Whip, so they’re all OGs 😂

Leisure is only 1LP if I remember correctly, i don’t spin that one lots, but yeah all the other remasters are 2LP.
It hasn't come my way yet and I was literally just checking that up because soon as I posted i thought hmm that albums not long enough....so yes I believe it is a 1lp 🤝🏼

It hasn't come my way yet and I was literally just checking that up because soon as I posted i thought hmm that albums not long enough....so yes I believe it is a 1lp 🤝🏼
Got Leisure, Parklife, and the Magic Whip on vinyl, but need to get the rest. Modern Life is top of the list. I'm lazy though, so a 1LP OG might be better, but they are more expensive!

Got Leisure, Parklife, and the Magic Whip on vinyl, but need to get the rest. Modern Life is top of the list. I'm lazy though, so a 1LP OG might be better, but they are more expensive!
I'm in no way an audiophile, I'm definitely a more casual vinyl listener than most due to life and time constraints, I dont own the most amazing of set ups either by any means so for me its fine. plays without skips pops or clicks, sounds good to me on my system, isnt damaged or warped im happy. If you feel an OG will be superior then better to go for that because you won't be happy with an inferior version knowing there is a better one out there

I'm in no way an audiophile, I'm definitely a more casual vinyl listener than most due to life and time constraints, I dont own the most amazing of set ups either by any means so for me its fine. plays without skips pops or clicks, sounds good to me on my system, isnt damaged or warped im happy. If you feel an OG will be superior then better to go for that because you won't be happy with an inferior version knowing there is a better one out there
I'm totally the same, in terms of set up, etc. Add some tinnitus to the list and pressings aren't really a big deal. The appeal of the OG is I only need to get up from the couch once!

Recieved my Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings from the most recent deal on Amazon today! It's actually a numbered one, #7746.

The only problem I've seen so far is that my John Weasley Harding has a Highway 61 Revisited center label on side 1, but the correct center label on side 2. The music is correct, just that one center label is wrong.

Has anyone had any luck getting Amazon to replace just one of the albums out of this box set? I remember some people getting wrong discs and whatnot. Any tips would be appreciated.
Yeah it should be super easy, to exchange it out. I would recommend waiting until the replacement box arrives before sending back the faulty box as it will allow you to do a bit of mix and matching if necessary to ensure you get a good set.

Responded to a local FS ad today to look at "500 records" in a guy's garage. Nothing exciting, but as I was going through them, he pulled out a few more boxes of "more interesting" stuff. Indeed that was the case, with a few Miles Davis titles and a lot of albums I'd never seen before--always the most exciting thing to happen when I'm looking at records. I didn't have enough time to look anything up to at least try to figure out what kind of music it was, so I just grabbed the ones that looked most promising and that I was willing to pay for (put a couple back!). 9 records in all; here's the list of what's in the photo (asterisks mark my 'mystery' choices):

Miles Davis - In Europe (mono reissue)
Miles Davis - In Person, Friday Night at the Blackhawk, San Francisco, Volume 1
*Gong - Angels Egg (Radio Gnome Invisible, Part 2)
*Various - Miniatures (A Sequence of Fifty-One Tiny Masterpieces Edited by Morgan Fisher)
Stan Getz/Eddie Sauter - Focus
*Chris Cutler & Fred Frith - Live in Prague and Washington
They Might be Giants - They Might be Giants

grab.jpg

Last edited:
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Wojtek Mazolewski Quintet - When Angels Fall

So excited about these - I've got a 1st UK pressing of Pet Sounds but even in great condition it doesn't sound that good, so jumped on the HHV deal for the Mono AP Kevin Gray cut. Just spinning it now and it sounds glorious. And Wojtek Mazolewski put out one of my favourite jazz albums last year, Polka, and I think this one - featuring the music of Krzysztof Komeda, like compatriots EABS did on two albums - has sounded really fab on streaming it.

I have 3 Blur records on their way to me. Blur, Leisure and Modern Life is Rubbish. Just needing Think Tank and 13 now.
The prices keep going up and down on amazon. I kept them in my basket and hit them once they dropped to 20pound or below. I got 7 albums from Amazon. 13 was the one I found trickier, I end up getting a "near mint played once" copy from discogs with cost probably almost double rrp

A few orders arrived today that I have been waiting on for a while. One guy even drove to my flat and dropped it off at my door (he knocked on the door and chatted at a distance.

Clifford Brown - The Complete Blue Note And Pacific Jazz Recordings Of Clifford Brown (Blue Note, 1984 Limited Mosaic 5lp Numbered Box Set)
Really looking forward to digging into this. I only recently bought my first Mosiac box and loved it. Im a sucker for indepth liner notes (one of the reasons I prefer the vinyl format) and the additional booklet that comes with these are super interesting. The whole package is in superb shape and I got it at a hell of a deal.
IMG_7787.JPG

Elvin Jones - Live At The Village Vanguard (Enja, 1974 First Pressing)
Jackie McLean - Live At Montmartre (Steeplechase, 1972 First Pressing)
Jackie McLean Featuring Dexter Gordon - The Meeting Vol.1 (Steeplechase, 1974 First Pressing)

This is a great bundle to have (and all very reasonably priced - I paid around £10 each). The Elvin Jones is the first recording from his working group, and one of the first after John Coltranes death. Live At Montmartre is the first recording on the Steeplechase label and McLean's first since his 5-year hiatus. The Meeting Vol.1 was McLean's second recording for the label, with this one being shared with Dexter Gordon, a real fiery session!
IMG_7788.JPG

Last edited:
Back