Fresh Grabs

How are you colored Strokes LPā€™s holding up? šŸ™ƒ

Iā€™m not against colour vinyl. Iā€™m against the sole marketing point of a record being colour and I despise limited FOMO culture. Newburys whole game is limiting the colour presses to drive FOMO of the pretty thing, thereā€™s seemingly no focus on the press or the master. Theyā€™re both really good but from looking at the deadwax they look like represses of the regarded and now difficult to source MOV presses. They were fairly priced too.

Last edited:
Iā€™m not against colour vinyl. Iā€™m against the sole marketing point of a record being colour and I despise limited FOMO culture. Newburys whole game is limiting the colour presses to drive FOMO of the pretty thing, thereā€™s seemingly no focus on the press or the master. Theyā€™re both really good but from looking at the deadwax they look like represses of the regraded now difficult to source MOV presses. They were fairly priced too.
Yea...I used to like Newbury but then realized all their pressings are from existing plates (and not always the best ones). Their prices have gone up and with shipping a lot of them are real expensive. I also think they helped start this whole tons of color variants and false scarcity thing...but that's a whole different point. I'm not a fan of Newbury anymore...

Interested to know how you find Fania All-Stars, I was very tempted by it last swaps.

Will let you know but I enjoyed the few times I played this on Spotify. Plus, I don't have a lot of Latin music so I see this live album as a great introduction to Fania catalog.

Look what arrived the same day! Received records from two vinyl clubs. First two are @Edd's Wax Buyers Club last AoTMs and the others are VMP's delivery. I'll be playing Norah Jones' record tonight.

View attachment 46674

Great records there! Smoove & Turrell are my friends band. They are great! Very soulfull with a kick of funk! Great live aswell if you ever get chance to catch them!

More Bloc Party šŸ˜

Delighted to have this one, there arenā€™t many copies of it out there and itā€™s a great single! It is their debut 7ā€ on Transgressive that was reissued for RSD 2012 limited to 500 copies on red vinyl.

A. Sheā€™s Hearing Voices
B The Marshals Are Dead/The Answer

FEB5B40F-015C-4661-8069-BD8EB9F7701A.jpeg

Today's arrivals:

Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings
OMG this set is impeccable. I thought everyone who praised it here was perhaps being hyperbolic, but believe everything you've heard. This was a steal on Amazon at $130.
Photo on 5-14-20 at 1.28 PM.jpg

Motrik - Artificial Head
Nice record, heavy on the Krautrock influences, right up my alley.
Photo on 5-14-20 at 1.27 PM #4.jpg

Bardo Pond - Adrop/Circuit VIII
Photo on 5-14-20 at 1.27 PM #3.jpg

Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs
Blue vinyl issue, looks gorgeous.
Photo on 5-14-20 at 1.27 PM #2.jpg

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Silver vinyl version, also beautifully done
Photo on 5-14-20 at 1.27 PM.jpg

Elder - Omens
Armageddon preorder, gray w/ blue and gold splatter. Honestly the vinyl is quite dull on appearance, and little flakes of what I'm guessing is vinyl on sides A and B. Hopefully it comes off with my Spin Clean.
Photo on 5-14-20 at 1.26 PM.jpg

Today's arrivals:

Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings
OMG this set is impeccable. I thought everyone who praised it here was perhaps being hyperbolic, but believe everything you've heard. This was a steal on Amazon at $130.
View attachment 46898

Motrik - Artificial Head
Nice record, heavy on the Krautrock influences, right up my alley.
View attachment 46899

Bardo Pond - Adrop/Circuit VIII
View attachment 46900

Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs
Blue vinyl issue, looks gorgeous.
View attachment 46901

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Silver vinyl version, also beautifully done
View attachment 46902

Elder - Omens
Armageddon preorder, gray w/ blue and gold splatter. Honestly the vinyl is quite dull on appearance, and little flakes of what I'm guessing is vinyl on sides A and B. Hopefully it comes off with my Spin Clean.
View attachment 46903
Is bob numbered though ?

no, it is not, but that certainly does not detract from the quality of this set.
Not for nothing and you may have checked, not sure if you've "opened" it, but the number is under the single sheet on the back of the box........I only mention this because when I got mine I thought it wasn't until I opened it and that back sheet came off. ;)

.......and no, it not being numbered takes nothing away from this stellar deal.

Back