Fresh Grabs

I picked up some items at a very fair price with a discogs seller that I had previously traded with.

Mr. Wollogallu is an album that's been on my list to get for a long time. It's an experimental eargasm filled with so many instruments and textures.

Jeff Parker - Suite for Max Brown is also experimental in nature. Another great release from IA - this is the coloured pressing.
IMG_20200405_104342__01.jpg

Friendly discogs seller also threw this in for free, which I believe is the instrumentals from Guru's Jazz m tazz Sessions
IMG_20200405_104426.jpg

Then I decided to treat myself to a couple of coloured mainstream releases. The Joni Mitchell was on my list and I thought it would always be easy to find but it was really hard to get - seems like it has gone out of print and I was lucky that a local record store had one left which they mailed me.

The strokes album is extremely underrated in my opinion.

IMG_20200405_104412__01.jpg

I picked up some items at a very fair price with a discogs seller that I had previously traded with.

Mr. Wollogallu is an album that's been on my list to get for a long time. It's an experimental eargasm filled with so many instruments and textures.

View attachment 39668

So happy for you with that CMT/NC pickup! It's such a unique ambient/new age experience.

I wanted to support my local store during the shutdown, so I ordered a few things off their Discogs. They went on a bit of an adventure around Jersey, but finally got back to me. I'm excited to give them a spin! Picked up the new Grimes and Daydream Nation which is a classic I love but didn't own yet.

IMG_2817.jpeg

My uDiscover order arrived.

This Coltrane pressing looks nice, but Side B is so badly bowl-warped I'll probably eat my breakfast cereal out of it tomorrow morning.

Anyone have experience with uDiscover Music's customer service? I sent them a video of the warp. Hoping for a replacement. Not looking forward to mailing the defective copy back. I have no printer for the return label and I'm not eager to stand in line at the post office due to COVID.

Attachments

• 0406201540a~2.jpg
    0406201540a~2.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 8
My uDiscover order arrived.

This Coltrane pressing looks nice, but Side B is so badly bowl-warped I'll probably eat my breakfast cereal out of it tomorrow morning.

Anyone have experience with uDiscover Music's customer service? I sent them a video of the warp. Hoping for a replacement. Not looking forward to mailing the defective copy back. I have no printer for the return label and I'm not eager to stand in line at the post office due to COVID.
I have never had returns but I have dealt with their CS and it isn’t the best, long periods of time in between responses and many of those responses were canned.

9554CC08-C12F-4791-887F-CCE2DF7E541A.jpeg
2 new:
Deap Lips w/signed cover print
Ellis debut LP on pink vinyl
4 used:
Rush ‘Caress...’. Looks to be a ‘75 Santa
Maria pressing.
Hendrix ‘Radio One’ 1988 US
Brian Auger ‘Live...’. ‘74 US press.
Zappa ‘You Are What You Is’ ‘81 US press.

Some more jazz to see me through the lockdown. I was interested in picking up the Johnny Griffin / Eddie Lockjaw Davis back on Black Friday but my local had it priced at £60. Luckily @Skalap posted a link to a website (cheers for that buddy) that had it for half that price inc shipping so I bit the bullet! While I was waiting for it to arrive I read up on the 'Reel To Reel' label and it seems to be a hit amongst jazz aficionados and audiophiles, so I ordered the other 2 albums released on the label for a superb price on Discogs (from a small shop here in the UK so hopefully it helps them out a bit)!

Johnny Griffin, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis ‎– Ow! Live At The Penthouse (Reel To Reel, 2019 Pressing Limited to 2000)
Cannonball Adderley - Swingin' In Seattle: Live At The Penthouse (1966-1967) (Reel To Reel, 2018 Pressing Limited to 2000)
Etta Jones ‎– A Soulful Sunday: Live At The Left Bank Featuring The Cedar Walton Trio (Reel To Reel, 2018 Pressing Limited to 2000)

IMG_5592.JPG

Some pick ups. The VMP Curry × Kenny Beats is 🔥

Snoop Dogg - Tha Doggfather, that's an album I hated for over 20 years of my life. 18 months ago something possessed me to revisit it and I fell in love with it 🥰 My problem all along was comparing the Sophomore to the Debut when I shouldnt have. It's got some incredible moments on it 🔥
20200407_142524.jpg20200407_143848.jpg20200407_143646.jpg

Cross Post from the Digital Audio Equipment Thread:

Got a new pickup today which I'm looking forward too! It's a JVC FS-SD9!

IMG_20200407_165700_962.jpg

IMG_20200407_165700_958.jpg

Currently have it bypassing its internal DAC and going toslink into my Yamaha A-S801, sounds wonderful! This neat little CD player was part of a mini system at one point, so it does have an amplifier jammed in there and originally came with speakers when it was sold in 2003. Surprisingly solid unit, my understanding is that MSRP was little over a grand when it was released, so it's definitely got some quality to it!

This might not be the most "impressive" piece of kit, but i've been wanting a dedicated CD player for way too long now, And it's just great to finally have! Check out a video of the awesome mechanism below.. I just love equipment like this!

Fresh Socially Distant Grabs
482B75DD-03B1-41EE-9C63-FAADF1EB1ED4.jpeg
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin’ AP 45 RPM
Clark Terry Quintet - Serenade To A Bus Seat
Lou Donaldson - Mr. Shing-A-Ling
Cat Power - The Greatest
Beach Boys - Surf’s Up
AP
Nirvana - Incesticide
Toe - The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety
Toe - For Long Tomorrow

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

I think I have been dealing with my cabin fever by buying way too much vinyl (and other things) online. I got some good stuff though, The Beach Boys and Art Blakey were ordered from the Acoustic Sounds store directly. Cat Power is replacing an inferior copy. This version was RTI pressed and cut by Kevin Gray. It also has the original artwork. Lou Donaldson is some funky soul-jazz which isn’t represented much in the Tone Poet series. The Clark Terry was picked up for around $25 off eBay. Someone recently suggested it on Reddit and I really enjoyed it. I have had my eye on the Toe releases since the Topshelf Records reissued Mid-Air Thief but finally pulled the trigger on them this past week. Incesticide is the 45 RPM Chris Bellman cut QRP pressed 20th Anniversary Edition. Lastly, Father John Misty was a PIF (Thanks again @Fleetwood-Matt ) it’s the Clear wax Variant that replaces my black copy mainly so I could now have all my FJM releases in colored wax.

Fresh Socially Distant Grabs
View attachment 40100
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin’ AP 45 RPM
Clark Terry Quintet - Serenade To A Bus Seat
Lou Donaldson - Mr. Shing-A-Ling
Cat Power - The Greatest
Beach Boys - Surf’s Up
AP
Nirvana - Incesticide
Toe - The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety
Toe - For Long Tomorrow

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

I think I have been dealing with my cabin fever by buying way too much vinyl (and other things) online. I got some good stuff though, The Beach Boys and Art Blakey were ordered from the Acoustic Sounds store directly. Cat Power is replacing an inferior copy. This version was RTI pressed and cut by Kevin Gray. It also has the original artwork. Lou Donaldson is some funky soul-jazz which isn’t represented much in the Tone Poet series. The Clark Terry was picked up for around $25 off eBay. Someone recently suggested it on Reddit and I really enjoyed it. I have had my eye on the Toe releases since the Topshelf Records reissued Mid-Air Thief but finally pulled the trigger on them this past week. Incesticide is the 45 RPM Chris Bellman cut QRP pressed 20th Anniversary Edition. Lastly, Father John Misty was a PIF (Thanks again @Fleetwood-Matt ) it’s the Clear wax Variant that replaces my black copy mainly so I could now have all my FJM releases in colored wax.

Love that toe(book about...). What pressing did you get? I've seen quite a few now and I still haven't picked it up. One of my favorite albums.

Love that toe(book about...). What pressing did you get? I've seen quite a few now and I still haven't picked it up. One of my favorite albums.
Topshelf Records is still selling them for like $18. This one is “maroon” (actually it ended up being just standard red) limited to 1,000 comes in a gatefold sleeve, I gave it a quick test spin yesterday as I had read some complaints about warps but my copy is flat and sounded great.

Back