Fresh Grabs

I remember seeing it for sale back in 2017 for 30euros and had to cop it, went to discogs a week ago and saw what it's selling for now, desperately hoping it gets a repress soon!

I added this record to my want list but I don't expect to see this at 30€ or so. I hope for a repress though. What is that records on the other side above Modal Soul ?

I added this record to my want list but I don't expect to see this at 30€ or so. I hope for a repress though. What is that records on the other side above Modal Soul ?

🙏 I really hope so, in my opinion it's as essential as an album could be to have in a collection

The record above Modal Soul is an ambient album from a Japanese group Ironomi ‎– 琹の葉 Kotonoha, if you like ambient, minimalist records, this is great to throw on to unwind or meditate to

🙏 I really hope so, in my opinion it's as essential as an album could be to have in a collection

The record above Modal Soul is an ambient album from a Japanese group Ironomi ‎– 琹の葉 Kotonoha, if you like ambient, minimalist records, this is great to throw on to unwind or meditate to

Thanks, I'll give it a listen. I love the other four displayed so I imagine I'll love this one too.

An album I should have bought a long long time ago on wax Guru & then i threw some funds into my future wifes bank account by supporting her music 😆 the debut is the 3lp edition and sophomore is neon pink 🤩
View attachment 39309

After I brought the Dua Lipa vinyl home and spinning them all evening. Myself my missus and my daughter decided we definitely need to go see her once this virus stuff hopefully goes away 🤞
View attachment 39346

New rules is an absolute banger, i need to check out more of her stuff!

New rules is an absolute banger, i need to check out more of her stuff!
You know what @Joe Mac when she dropped the debut I gave it a few listens 2017 I think and thought this girl has something, flirted lightly with the music ever since, then the singles and reviews dropped from the new album, I backtracked on her, realised she had hits with other artists that i knew the songs eg. Sean Paul Calvin Harris, loved the songs but didnt realise was her in some cases. She compiled them all on the complete edition of her debut and wow. She is incredible. She is a superstar. This new album is fantastic start to finish also 🔥

Enjoying it? I've read a bunch of Jarnow's articles on aquarium drunkard and stuff and he's a great Twitter follow so I'm really excited for it.
Yes, I'm at about page 300. It's really good and provides a lot of information about the psychedelic scene that I would never have known, relating it to the worlds of the Grateful Dead and Phish.

Postman has made the lockdown slightly more bearable!

First up is a stack from the Resident sale. Postage was a real killer here, but I have to say that they went the extra step of opening up each record, checking for warps/scratches, then keeping them separate to prevent damage to the sleeves during transit. Managed to tick off a few I have been after for a while here. The Mal Waldron was one I was excited to get since it was announced, what I didn't realise is that it includes a booklet of additional info (which is quite big as well)! The Thad Jones & Mel Lewis was a Black Friday release from Resonance Records. Resonance is a fantastic label and among the best reissue packages I have seen!

Mal Waldron Trio - Free At Last - Extended Edition (ECM Records, 2019 Extended Edition)
Thad Jones / Mel Lewis Orchestra - All My Yesterdays (Resonance Records, 2019 Black Friday 3LP Limited Numbered Pressing)
Pharoah Sanders / John Hicks / Curtis Lundy / Idris Muhammed - Africa (Tidal Waves Music, 2019 Pressing Limited to 500 copies)
Charlie Parker - The Magnificent Charlie Parker (Clef Record, 2019 Black Friday Coloured Pressing)

IMG_5537.JPG

Picked these Tone Poets in the Blue Note sale. Took longer than expected to get to me, but after I emailed to ask for some shipping info I miraculously got tracking info and it arrived the day after. So all good here, can't wait to crack into these!!!

Hank Mobley - Poppin' (Blue Note, 2020 Tone Poet Pressing)
Stanley Turrentine - Comin' Your Way (Blue Note, 2020 Tone Poet Pressing)
Grant Green - Nigeria (Blue Note, 2020 Tone Poet Pressing)
Chet Baker - Chet Baker Sings (Blue Note, 2020 Tone Poet Pressing)

IMG_5539.JPG

And finally some books to keep staying at home a bit more fun, along with a cheapo record purchase. Funnily enough I actually think I have this session from Morgan on 3 different 'albums' now, this Roulette release with Thad Jones, this Roulette release with John Coltrane, and this Roulette session 10". The Charlie Parker book is apparently one of the best biographies on the musician and includes a lot of first-hand dialogue with him. 'The History of Jazz' is a book I always see popping up in the 'must read' lists, and I managed to snag this one super cheap. Finally theres 'The Jazz Years' which is Leonard Feather's autobiography. Should keep me busy for a few weeks!

Lee Morgan / Thad Jones - Minor Strain (Roulette, 1990 First Pressing)
The History of Jazz - Ted Gioia (Oxford University Press, 2011 Second Edition)
Bird Lives!: The High Life and Hard Times of Charlie Parker - Ross Russell (Quartet Books, 1973 First Edition)
The jazz years. Earwitness to an era - Leonard Feather (Picador, 1988 Edition)

IMG_5540.JPG

Fresh Lunch Break Grabs
C55413B0-DAB1-447E-A13B-49D455234896.jpeg
TTL Keith Harring Cork Record Mat
The KLF - Chill Out

I am excited to be upgrading to a cork slip mat after using felt mats since I started collecting and the Keith Harring print made it a must. Just read a Pitchfork Sunday Review of Chill Out that piqued my interest and since I have listened to the album now probably a dozen times I decided I needed a vinyl copy. Unfortunately, the original press does not appear to be available for a reasonably priced and based on the samples, clearance would likely be difficult if they ever tried to reissue an official pressing, I figured I would take a stab at an unofficial version that appears to have fairly positive reviews on Discogs. Anyways, Good stuff.

Last edited:
Back