Fresh Grabs

View attachment 30407

Today's Amazon delivery.

So much for taking it easy in January, I'm also waiting for an HHV shipment with both Alice & John Coltrane alongside Muriel Grossman - Reverence later in the week.
Curious on how you think the My Favorite Things sounds when you get around to it.
Been meaning to pick up that Coltrane album for years now

Received the new Poppy record the last week, complete with 2 inch seam split and small corner ding. They don’t have any more of the variant I ordered, so Sumerian will not send me a new sleeve or record. Instead I can get a refund on shipping, or a full refund if I send mine back. I’ve been arguing with them about their policy, but am wondering if I am making too big a deal of this. Thoughts?

050EB800-1C60-4752-95E2-9105F63F4027.jpeg
90794119-B81F-4764-91AA-30377044EEE9.jpeg

D995C696-67E8-4E1C-9C43-1281AD0F0783.jpeg

Received the new Poppy record the last week, complete with 2 inch seam split and small corner ding. They don’t have any more of the variant I ordered, so Sumerian will not send me a new sleeve or record. Instead I can get a refund on shipping, or a full refund if I send mine back. I’ve been arguing with them about their policy, but am wondering if I am making too big a deal of this. Thoughts?

View attachment 30424
View attachment 30425

View attachment 30426
I don’t think you are making too big of a deal, I would make a bit of a “cheating” suggestion. If the jacket is the same as the standard edition. One could theoretically order a standard edition for a giant faceless corporation that pays zero taxes and treats its waged employees like dog food but has a super forgiving return policy. One could then swap out the busted cover with the (hopefully) flawless cover and then return the jacked cover with the standard LP to the giant corporations for a full refund. Also, if you have prime you can do it in like two days!

View attachment 30421

3 new first pressings and 3 used early pressings.

Cheers to Wire — I have that album and it’s awesome.

I’ve heard one song from that Poppy record and I LOLed, but in a good, surprised way. Need to listen to the rest.

How did you end up picking up that Turned to Stone split? Is that the “Bedrock” or “Magma” edition? Spacetrucker! 🤘

I don’t think you are making too big of a deal, I would make a bit of a “cheating” suggestion. If the jacket is the same as the standard edition. One could theoretically order a standard edition for a giant faceless corporation that pays zero taxes and treats its waged employees like dog food but has a super forgiving return policy. One could then swap out the busted cover with the (hopefully) flawless cover and then return the jacked cover with the standard LP to the giant corporations for a full refund. Also, if you have prime you can do it in like two days!

It’s interesting that you often advocate scamming and being sneaky, and judge it to be OK to rip off a company because of their size.

macintosh.jpg
Well I just won this from an ebay auction. It's still sealed and apparently the original pink variant that first came out that caused all the controversy.

I contacted the seller beforehand and they said they couldn't 100% confirm if it was the pink colored one, but they bought it off ebay a while ago and it said that it was the pink one.

The sleeve itself is sealed, but has a corner ding and some water damage. I took a shot at it though and if it's not the pink one I think I might end up getting a refund for it. Or maybe not I don't know...

I'm not a huge Vaporwave fan, but I dig this album a lot and also some of the more popular ones.

Question, should I send it back if it's not the pink one? Apparently the pink one was "approved" by the artist and the other two versions (white and clear) are boots...

It’s interesting that you often advocate scamming and being sneaky, and judge it to be OK to rip off a company because of their size.
it’s interesting that you are trying to make a passive/aggressive critique. If you don’t agree with my ethics that’s cool but I would suggest actually having an opinion or maybe cool it on the callow feedback. I also Drive over the speed limit, you find that interesting too?

Last edited:
it’s interesting that you are trying to make a passive/aggressive critique. If you don’t agree with my ethics that’s cool but I would suggest actually having an opinion or maybe cool it on callow feedback. I also Drive over the speed limit, you find that interesting too?

I don’t think there’s anything passive about my observation. Your life is yours and I’m not telling you what to do, but I will always push back against suggestions to scam, you can count on that. My opinion is that’s not cool.

I also feel it’s OK to share an opposing position to yours. I’m sorry you’re uncomfortable with that.

I don’t think there’s anything passive about my observation. Your life is yours and I’m not telling you what to do, but I will always push back against suggestions to scam, you can count on that. My opinion is that’s not cool.

I also feel it’s OK to share an opposing position to yours. I’m sorry you’re uncomfortable with that.
Not uncomfortable at all. My issue was that you didn’t actually “push back” you actually pussyfooted around it and said you thought it was interesting but now you actually have an opinion. Kudos! I see you’re from Texas, I hope ya don’t fall off that high horse of yours.

Last edited:
Cheers to Wire — I have that album and it’s awesome.

I’ve heard one song from that Poppy record and I LOLed, but in a good, surprised way. Need to listen to the rest.

How did you end up picking up that Turned to Stone split? Is that the “Bedrock” or “Magma” edition? Spacetrucker! 🤘

Wire looks to be in great shape. Looking forward to spinning it Sunday. Great band.

Poppy is a bit more out of my reg comfort zone. Album has been getting a lot of attention so I wanted to check it out. Cover art is almost worth the price of admission.

I went with Bedrock edition of Turned to Stone. Thought I would save a few bucks. Sounds pretty good on Bandcamp.

View attachment 30424
View attachment 30425

View attachment 30426

Hang in there. I am getting really tired of shipping damage.

Hang in there. I am getting really tired of shipping damage.
Me too, but I’ve usually had fantastic service when there has been damage. Flightless sent me a new sleeve when my KG&TLW came with seam splits. Wallflower Records sent me a whole new album because of my seam split with Blushing. But because I have a limited variant, Sumerian won’t send me a new one, not even their standard variant.

Me too, but I’ve usually had fantastic service when there has been damage. Flightless sent me a new sleeve when my KG&TLW came with seam splits. Wallflower Records sent me a whole new album because of my seam split with Blushing. But because I have a limited variant, Sumerian won’t send me a new one, not even their standard variant.
It’s weird how different labels/retailers are when it comes to this. I mean I am sure a lot of it has to do with logistics but for the fact that some bend over backwards to make things right while other tell ya to pound sand if you mention that the product they sent wasn’t properly packaged always amazes me. I like what Indie Vinyl Den is doing where they give the the option (at a price) to have any orders removed from jackets or sent in padded boxes , granted it comes at a cost but that cost to me is more than worth it to ensure the album gets to me undamaged. Whatever you decide to go good luck.

Freshairs
F8F5AF79-5ACD-4160-AD3C-C4C26B5115BD.jpeg
Prince - Originals deluxe
Kruder & Dorfmeister - K&D Sessions

I purchased the Prince LP after the Vinyl Deals thread posted it at the rock-bottom price it was going for on Amazon and I am glad I did, this collection is amazing! The K&D Sessions has been my go-to “comedown” record since High School and it still hits all the right notes. 5xLPs is a lot but at less than $10 an LP it felt like I was still getting a steal of a deal.

Last edited:
View attachment 30434
Well I just won this from an ebay auction. It's still sealed and apparently the original pink variant that first came out that caused all the controversy.

I contacted the seller beforehand and they said they couldn't 100% confirm if it was the pink colored one, but they bought it off ebay a while ago and it said that it was the pink one.

The sleeve itself is sealed, but has a corner ding and some water damage. I took a shot at it though and if it's not the pink one I think I might end up getting a refund for it. Or maybe not I don't know...

I'm not a huge Vaporwave fan, but I dig this album a lot and also some of the more popular ones.

Question, should I send it back if it's not the pink one? Apparently the pink one was "approved" by the artist and the other two versions (white and clear) are boots...
If it isn’t what was listed I would follow up with the seller. If it still sounds alright and you are content with the non-pink version then maybe see about getting a partial refund. If you are unhappy with the version see if you can return it for a full refund. I think you would be entitled to that.

Back